Dior Splendor holiday 2016 collection

elkaknits

My husband is an enabler-- I got the red lipstick, he 4 matte fluid flacons plus 3 of the polishes and one quint. I am not going to be able to buy anything else for like ever. Except I already warned him I wanted the Nars holiday. :marchmellow:

elkaknits

quick mini review comparing Chanel Ink to Dior LM

the Chanel does not budge, dries down to a matte in about 15 mins and lasts freaking forever. I wore it to Trivia Saturday and used make up remover 6 hours later to be left with a stain. I just swatched some on my arm and there was no transfer when I tapped it {post 15 mins dry down time}

Dior Fluid Matte feels creamy throughout, did transfer when I tapped it {I swatched this one first and tapped it last so had slightly longer dry time}, and is easier to wear sheered out. I guess that is a pigment issue {not a blogger here} Yesterday when I wore it I felt as if it never dried. I kept smooshing my lips together and had that creamy slip going on. I also do not feel the color lasted as long --probably all that smooshing :rocker:

Dior acts much more like a lipstick whereas the Chanel acts much more like a super pigmented Stain.

And speaking of Stains I will throw in a Liquid Vinyl YSL---- that I swatched 2 colors on back of hand yesterday at mall, used make up remover before leaving mall, washed hands twice, used makeup remover again {Nars} and washed hands twice more and still had visible stain. I will be buying one of those purely for omg lasts forever.

CBradley76

quick mini review comparing Chanel Ink to Dior LM

the Chanel does not budge, dries down to a matte in about 15 mins and lasts freaking forever. I wore it to Trivia Saturday and used make up remover 6 hours later to be left with a stain. I just swatched some on my arm and there was no transfer when I tapped it {post 15 mins dry down time}

Dior Fluid Matte feels creamy throughout, did transfer when I tapped it {I swatched this one first and tapped it last so had slightly longer dry time}, and is easier to wear sheered out. I guess that is a pigment issue {not a blogger here} Yesterday when I wore it I felt as if it never dried. I kept smooshing my lips together and had that creamy slip going on. I also do not feel the color lasted as long --probably all that smooshing :rocker:

Dior acts much more like a lipstick whereas the Chanel acts much more like a super pigmented Stain.

And speaking of Stains I will throw in a Liquid Vinyl YSL---- that I swatched 2 colors on back of hand yesterday at mall, used make up remover before leaving mall, washed hands twice, used makeup remover again {Nars} and washed hands twice more and still had visible stain. I will be buying one of those purely for omg
lasts forever.

The Dior Fluids will be all discontinued and will be redone according to the SA.

elkaknits

Well that is too bad. I do not regret purchasing them *yet* I am still undecided.

Regarding hoarding {eep eep} I think I have purchased 2 lipsticks prior to these, and one eyeshadow palette, several nail polishes over the course of this year. I may have to start putting my purchases in a box so I can track it more carefully but I think that is it.

I kinda go crazy over the holiday things. Last year I only got one nail polish from Dior holiday, nothing from anybody else, because I wanted to take the family to Chicago for a week so didn't spend $$ on frivolity :)

Last edited:

Latest posts