Disapointed with new MSF

saniyairshad

Re: The new Shimpagne looks like Shooting Star

There was a lot of gold veining in the new one??? did anyone else see it too?

Jennybella

I actually love this new Shimpagne :X it makes me look tanner

saniyairshad

See i wanted tan...with Shimpagne...but it gave me a slight bronze look...im probably going to purchase the new one...

jillianjiggs

i do not know which shimpagne my original was as i bought it off someone (however, the box doesn't have a cut out circle if that narrows it down. i guess it's a rather old one?)

344xt0y.jpg

old one, new one

looks the same to me! the new one is frosty and beigey, just like the old one. whew!!
heat.gif

it's definitely still VERY frosty and makes you look really greasy if you aren't careful. i don't have shooting star nor have i seen it in person or anything, but shimpagne is definitely not a bronzer. or maybe i just got a lucky one
winks.gif
of course no two msfs are the exact same...

Colorqueen

I have every single MSF that has ever been released and the older ones have texture that is fabulous- creamy and rich, but the newer ones tend to be chalkier.

My Shimpagne is the original too- no cut out on box- and it looks like yours too.
thmbup.gif

geeko

i just bought shimpagne yesterday from the mac store and this is how it looked

shimpagne.jpg

i don't have any old shimpagne so i can't compare....i took this under natural lightning so as to get the closest color as it is IRL. no ps was used....except for resizing the pic and adding the text in

NeonDollParts

Whoa, that soooo does not look like the shimpagne I have. In that picture it actually looks like gold deposit or shooting star. Weird.
hmm.gif

geeko

it looked like that when i bought it... when i swatched on my hand i liked the golden bronze shimmers that's y i bought it...

tinagrzela

I bought the new Shimpagne this weekend, and compared it to my old one, and it's exactly exactly the same. It has more pronounced veining, but exactly the same colour and look when swatched.

HOTasFCUK

Question about MSF hetchmarks?! HELP!!!!

Hey! I bought the medium MSF today & when i took it out the box to show my mom, i noticed that there was no hetchmarks or pattern & it looks like its been used!!! Is there supposed to be any there? It looks like someone rubbed off the top layer! WTF did the MA sell me a used MSF??? Please let me know if its supposed to be like that, if not i'm returning it right away!!!! Thanks babes!!!
cheerleader.gif

maxcat

Re: Question about MSF hetchmarks?! HELP!!!!

Some have 'em, some don't... They're hand made so each one is going to be a little different. I've had both. The tell tale is once it's been used it tends to spew MSF everywhere - but if the compact and cover are clean its fine.

divaster

Yep, I agree with the first reply! Mine were both smooth when I got them. But once I used them you could see a ring of loose dust around the black part of the case and on the insert.
smiles.gif

cathythi

I noticed most of the naturals dont have them, or have some very lightly only along the outer edge and not much in the center, but I dont think you got a used one hth.

PigmentJunkie

I just went and opened my backup, and it doesn't have hetchmarks all the way across either... some areas are definitely more smooth than others. As everyone else has stated, I think it's normal for these.

smiles.gif

Sonya Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Some have 'em, some don't... They're hand made so each one is going to be a little different. I've had both. The tell tale is once it's been used it tends to spew MSF everywhere - but if the compact and cover are clean its fine.

Except for Naked You - the glitter and shimmer stuff on my new one was explosive when I opened it the first time. I guess there's just no containing so much glitter! LOL

mezzamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
Except for Naked You - the glitter and shimmer stuff on my new one was explosive when I opened it the first time. I guess there's just no containing so much glitter! LOL

i agree, the stuff was absolutely everywhere when i opended it and it was BNIB

HOTasFCUK

Oh thanks everyone!!!! I noticed the hetchmarks along the edges but i'll take everyone's word for it & i'm going to test it out today!!!

glittergoddess27

Yeah I have to agree with the consensus. If the compact and little insert is clean then it wasnt used,.. the first time I used mine it also had powder everywhere.

EmbalmerBabe

? about Shimpagne released with Mineralize Satinfinish collection?

There is a new new Shimpagne MSF released with the Mineralize Satinfinish collection, my question to is ,is this the same Shimpagne
as the old ones released with A Muse and the other older collections?
It looks so different,less light champagne color more caramel bronze!
Any one else notice this?
type.gif