Disapointed with new MSF

caffn8me

Perhaps you could use less powder to get the MSF to stick to the foundation. Just a thought - I haven't tried this myself

You might also try to "flatten" the powder with a spray or two of Fix+ before you apply the MSF or perhaps even after applying the MSF.

Raerae

I buff my foundation + powder b4 using the MSF's. I haven't had a problem with them wearing off during the day. I buff em after too.

LadyLaundale

I totally agree with caffn8me.

To get my MSF's to stick, I either apply them directly on top of my SFF or I use Fix + to suck up the powder, and then they apply perfectly. These are pretty much the only ways I can get them to stick.

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You might also try to "flatten" the powder with a spray or two of Fix+ before you apply the MSF or perhaps even after applying the MSF.

iagree.gif
That's the ONLY way MSF's last on me.

User67

I use the Studio Fix Fluid & then set that with the Select Sheer Pressed Powder. Will Fix+ work well with these products?

bellaetoile

don't apply the MSF on top of a powder product, apply it on top of an emollient based product, namely, a liquid foundation, such as studio fix fluid. honestly, when using an MSF, i find additional powder to be overkill, usually. i'll apply studio fix fluid, possibly a blushcreme, then the MSF, and finish it off with a spray or two of fix+ directly onto your face. fix+ is honestly the best stuff ever, especially in hot, summery weather. another way to do it is to sweep your 187 (or whatever brush you use) through the MSF and pick up the desired amount of product, then spray fix+ onto the brush, which gives the MSF a slightly different, shimmery effect, but still makes it last forever.

ShadowyLady

Some ideas...

-Try a spritz of Fix+ on the brush, then swirl it in the MSF and apply.
-Use the MSF as powder on your cheeks instead of Pressed Powder. Set the rest of your face as usual with Pressed Powder.
-Try the MSF over a creme blush or Cream Color Base.

Fix+ is an awesome investment. I use it all the time for wetting eyeshadows and setting makeup. You can even keep it in the fridge for those really hot days when you need a refreshing face mist! A bottle lasts quite a while, too. I've had mine for over a year, and it's over half full.

MaryJane

I have Petticoat and don't have a problem with it wearing off. Actually I am surprised at how long it lasts.

I apply this on top of my Bare Minerals powder foundation at about 6:30am and it lasts through a day of work and a trip to the gym!

HotPinkHeels

i often use a cream blush under my msfs-especially with PP
Otherwise i do my loose powder only under my eyes to set concealer then use the msf on the liquid and i fins it 'sticks' really well that way!

HTH

Cool Kitten

i use both petticoat and Shooting Star and they alst forever on me.
I use them both over a powder foundation (with a very good moisturizer base).

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
Why not do some touchups during lunchtime?
tong.gif

I'm lazy LOL!

princess

LOL!
I have no problems with it though, I just use them with liquid foundation, no primers or loose powder.

KJam

I always use them over a cream blush. Then I spritz my face with Fix+. It lasts the entire day this way.

Colorqueen

In addition to the ideas above which are all great- I many times do not have time to do a long makeup routine.

I simply apply sunless tanner on my face, and then when I apply the MSF I look like I have a perfect complexion that stays a long time.

If I use a lot of powder, I then set it all with Fix+ and it looks amazing- pretty much all day, unless I am running or something (like marathon type running-
greengrin.gif
)

Diskordia

The new Shimpagne looks like Shooting Star

So I went to MAC yesterday to check if they have the Icon collection yet(they don't I'm in Germany) but they did have the new skinfinishes.
And yes they re-relesead shimpagne but it looks nothing like the shimpagne I have, it's much more dark and bronzey and looks almost like shooting star. Just thought I let you girls know.

On the other hand the new liquid is really nice! it comes with a pump has a really light coverage and a little bit shimmer, so if you like to mix your foundation with strobecream or similar and don't need much coverage - this is your foundation!