Disapointed with new MSF

exodus

Thank goodness I'm not the only one
greengrin.gif
I have a theory; So Ceylon and Shimpagne have a rougher, more porous looking textured dome, whereas Porcelain Pink and Petticoat have a smoother, much finer texture.

I think they may be like Pigments, the more finely milled ones don't fill up the jar because they settle more. So maybe when the MSFs are baked, the rougher-textured ones settle higher than the finer ones, which tend to stick together.

lol.gif
I don't even know why I'm coming up with these silly theories. I guess I feel kind of cheated, I want my Porcelain Pink and Petticoat to be "fatter" too, darn it!
lol.gif

user4

i hadnt noticed... but then again i wasnt looking!!! gotta check it out... but i've used them a couple times already... hmmmm

Aprilrobin

Hmm.. I hadn't noticed but perhaps this is because Shimpagne and So Ceylon were from the High Tea collection and the others were released later? Maybe they changed the manufacturing or whatnot a bit for the second release.

exodus

Hmm, could be... But I want fatter Petticoat, darn it!
lol.gif
I LOVE that colour and there's not as much of it compared to So Ceylon
ssad.gif

LadyLaundale

I have noticed the same thing but I thought I was kinda crazy. I don't even really like my So Ceylon, but am hanging onto it for obvious reasons. My Petticoat and Porcelain Pink are not nearly as fat as So Ceylon was when it was new. That is sooo crazy! Bravo for making me feel less nutes!

macchicaboom

I've noticed that the newer MSF's have smaller domes. Those released with High Tea are the biggest (that's as far back as I go with MAC), those released last summer are smallest, and those just released with Lingerie are in the middle (in size). However, I do agree that those with coarser looking domes are generally bigger in size than those that appear more finely milled (i.e., Stereo Rose, Porcelain Pink, Petticoat).

midnightlouise

I had noticed it but didn't give it much thought. I guess I was just so happy to have them in my hot little hands that I didn't care at the time lol!

What was the retail price for Petticoat MSF?

I checked the Color Stories section, and the prices weren't listed on the Lingerie collection.

I went back to Goldplay, which was when the six MSFs came out..and it said that it retailed for $22.50 USD, but I'm not sure if the price increased at all by the time Lingerie came out.

If anyone knows, please let me know!
Thanks!
~*Mary

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointe_dreams
I checked the Color Stories section, and the prices weren't listed on the Lingerie collection.

I went back to Goldplay, which was when the six MSFs came out..and it said that it retailed for $22.50 USD, but I'm not sure if the price increased at all by the time Lingerie came out.

If anyone knows, please let me know!
Thanks!
~*Mary

When I went to buy Petticoat and Naked You when they first came out at the MAC freestanding store, they were $23.50. Then I decided to get backups before they ran out and went to a MAC counter and got the Petticoat for the same price while Naked You was $22.50.

bellaetoile

22.50 when they came out on december 26 of last year with lingerie. i believe they increased that price shortly into the new year, though, for the remaining stock, because i bought one at a macy*s counter a while afterwards, and it was 23.50. i'm pretty sure i still have both the receipts as well. i know the annual price increase happened shortly after the first of the year, so it was probably sometime in there? they have never retailed for higher than 23.50 to my knowledge, though..

User67

I didn't realize that the new MSF were like foundation. Basically a pressed version of Bare Essentials. I almost ordered on-line, but something told me to go see them in person first. I'm so glad I did! I guess I expected them to be like the other MSF. Oh well, if you are looking for a light summer foundation they will be ideal though! And I'm very happy with my Shooting Star MSF that I got last week : )

ben

i was somewhat disapointed too, but only because the med was too light and the med-dark was too dark.

glittergoddess27

I am head over heels for these,... Medium looks flawless on me,.. I think this is MAC's answer to the latest obsession with mineral foundations. I just wish they were not le,.. I may need to get a few more,.. I rarely ever want to wear liquid foundation and sometimes pressed powder is not enough,. so this is just perfect for me.

Amethyst_beauty

I wanted to fall in love.....(sigh)

Well, I'm disappointed with the MSF Naturals. It is very dry and extremely sheer. It certainly doesn't have the texture of MAC's other MSFs. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I can honestly say that CoverGirl powder compacts have more pigmentation/texture/opacity than the MSF Naturals.

If I had to choose between MSF Naturals & my BE for foundation, I'd certainly reach for my BE.

As a finishing powder, it might work, but I'm not a "matte" person when it comes to my overall appearance, so I don't think I'm going to purchase this item...but as with all things MAC, I will probably change my mind at some point.
lol.gif

The kabuki brush isn't much different than the BE or BB kabukis...longer bristles is the only difference.

My Nordie's counter didn't have any 187 brushes, so I'm probably going to order it from MAC when Technakohl comes out...

pugmommy7

ooh I love them! they are no BE as far as mineral makeup is concerned,BUT they are great for me over a sheer application of tinted moisturizer or sff. BE would be way to heavy, although the msf would be far to light of a coverage for me on it's own.

Eilinoir

Out of curiosity, why would you bother ordering online if you're able to go to the store anyway?

User67

MSF woes : (

I absolutley adore my Shooting Star MSF. But, it just doesn't last on me. I'll apply it in the morning & by the time I get off work it's totally disapeared. I had the same problem with Petticoat, but hoped that this one would be different. I hate to get rid of it, but if this is always going to happen then there is no point in me keeping it. Does anyone else have this problem or am I just cursed?