Do you save your MAC bags?

Angelah

I had a girl come in the other day and she bought about 5 items but requested that I put each item in a seperate bag so I was asking if they were all gifts for someone but she said that she collects every MAC bag she gets with her purchases and has over 600 bags already. I've never heard of anyone saving their bags so just out of curiosity.. do any of you save? :-D

MACATTAK

I'll save a couple here and there to reuse, but no, I don't save every bag I've ever received from Mac
smiles.gif

Danapotter

Yeah, I have the first one ever, which is in a safe place, but I have 4 others that are slightly different sizes that I reuse whenever I go to a store!

clap.gif

janelovesyou

I'll save one every now and then to put my back 2 mac empties in.
Saving all of your bags is one this if that"s what you want to do but I think it's a tad unreasonable to ask that each small item is put into a separate bag.

Angelah

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
I'll save one every now and then to put my back 2 mac empties in.
Saving all of your bags is one this if that"s what you want to do but I think it's a tad unreasonable to ask that each small item is put into a separate bag.

Yeah it caught me off guard, but maybe they will be worth something someday.. who knows!

caroni99

Whoa!

I just save them to put my B2M empties in as they would be useless otherwise.

Lately I have been asking them not to put my purchases in a bag as I'm trying to collect less plastic bags in general.

ilovexnerdsx

hell yes i save them!! the boxes too!

i really dont know why though ... i guess its just a slight obsession.
smiles.gif

makeupgal

That's a little odd. I do save a couple for my B2M. I do keep my lipsticks in the original boxes because I store them standing up so I can read the names, plus they don't go bad. I've had some l/s's for a few years. Trust me, you will know when they are ready for l/s heaven....they smell rancid!

AfricanaEyes

Okay, that's just really unnecessary. LOL, really.....too much clutter for me.
I do second on the lipstick boxes though....but bags?
SMH.

user46

i only have like 2 saved. and they have some empties in them. over 600 bags is ridiculous. and going out of ur way to get more (asking the MA to put each thing in a seperate bag) is ... also ridiculous.

gigglegirl

ya the bags for me are just annoying. That reminds me, I need to start putting one in my purse for times when I shop--Antiquitease Color NEXT WEEK
smiles.gif

--but eek I usually throw them out. Less plastic bags!

But I agree, 600--question is why? and seriously, MAC produces them in bulk--value--miniscule. I do not see the value. Thats my two cents (worth more than one bag) lol

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelovesyou
Question: Why do some of you take bags with you to the store? Does it have to do with recycling?

For me, its that I don't want to take another new bag that would prob just eventually find itself in the landfill. Trying to minimize unnecessary waste--esp. plastic bags. That's at least why I do it.

gabi1129

*giggles* im not alone. i save my bags. i started saving them so could use them for B2M. and not i have about 43-45. idk why i have them i just do. i do use them alot though.

xolovinyoo

i dont really save em there just there. like i dont even throw em away, same as the boxes for the eyeshadows and such, i keep em all :\