Duggar family has another...

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
I just wish the girls (especially mom) in the family had updated hairstyles and dresses.

My cousin comes from the same religion as them and she wore what they wore... back in the early 90s.

Of all the things you could say about their lifestyle, you pick that?

xsnowwhite

I especially feel bad for the oldest girls. They seem to do almost everything! I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have so many kids but I agree with earlier points, it's like the older kids are raising the younger ones and don't have a choice. That's the part I disagree with. I do love the show though and I think they have great family values.

paperfishies

I am torn on the duggars. The fact that her snatch is like a clown car, doesn't really bother me. Some families have two kids and fail to give just two children the proper amount of attention and emotional support they need.
What I find scary is how incredibly sheltered these children are. These children (especially the girls) DO NOT have a fighting chance out there in the real world. Their religion seems dangerous to me. It seems way more cult like and I think that's scary.

Atleast the Duggars are there for their children and don't treat them like the coolest new fashion accessory. Much like Angelina Joile. Her and brad really bother the shit out of me. Combined, the two of them have enough money to where they never have to work again and their children will be set for life...However, they continue to do movie after movie, leaving their children to be raised by multiple nannies. It seems their children lack stability because mommy and daddy are rarely ever around at the same time. Nannies are the only constant in their lives. The fact that Angelina, who is perfectly capable of having children, went for Invitro to PURPOSELY have twins, instead of just one baby, is fucking insane to me. Looking at her past mental health issues is a big red flag. She likes things in excess and children shouldn't be just more baggage for you to drag around.

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfishies
I am torn on the duggars. The fact that her snatch is like a clown car, doesn't really bother me. Some families have two kids and fail to give just two children the proper amount of attention and emotional support they need.
What I find scary is how incredibly sheltered these children are. These children (especially the girls) DO NOT have a fighting chance out there in the real world. Their religion seems dangerous to me. It seems way more cult like and I think that's scary.

I feel like you do. I watch the show, but it has moments where I start yelling at the TV. I do not believe in their views and beliefs, and I think it's kinda sad how the children are homeschooled so they don't learn any real science/how the world really works. But like you said, they are cared for which is something a lot of smaller families cannot do. It's just everything else that makes me a bit queasy. Those girls are going to end up just like the girl who married the oldest brother... housewives with a ton of children. As much as I love to see one go crazy and reject that way, I don't see it happening. They would implode upon entering any college that didn't teach that dinosaurs and humans walked the earth together 5000 years ago...

Who I really feel sad for are the Gosselin kids. I foresee many of them having emotional issues in the near future...

cupcake_x

Is it bad that I wish Jim Bob was my husband? Despite the whole almost 20 kids thing, he seems like an excellent husband as far as being loving, respectful and patient goes. It would never work out seeing as I'm pretty liberal woman who is not Christian, but I still fantasize.
sneaky.gif

Anyway, while 19 kids is a bit much (since Michelle is pregnant with her 19th, currently) they're doing a good job with making sure they are financially stable. The children also seem very mature and well behaved.
Personally, I'm glad I'm only 1 of 2. But to each their own.

My only concern with the show is that they are reinforcing homeschooling stereotypes. I was homeschooled and I am a very liberal, social and friendly person. I know how to be around people and *gasp* I actually have friends and interests. Although I admit I am addicted to this show. Much better than Jon and Kate, in my opinion.

Latest posts