Duggar family has another...

joraye

I was slack-jawed looking at their website photos. The boys have a tunnel into their playroom, which has a rock-climbing wall. Foosball & pool tables, arcade game, they even have a cafeteria-style serving line in their kitchen!

I can see real-estate paying off well, and reality TV paying well, but wow....I'd like to see what that house appraises for, and what was maybe donated by sponsors?

And if they are both in real-estate, when does she find time to work?

I want kids in the future, but wow. To each their own.....

cazgh

OK - some good points raised here. Mine's slightly more frivolous - who gets to open all the post and how do you know whose mail is for who. While the kids are young this might not trouble them too much but when they get bank accounts and stuff and post comes addressed to J. Duggar - how the hell are they going to know who it belongs to?

Boasorte

I like how that family is super close, and they have good morals
but damn, they need to consider birth control

Chikky

They're religiously opposed to birth control. Sort of.

Michelle was on birth control when they first got married and after they had their son Josh and she got pregnant anyway, but miscarried. They were convinced it was because of them using the birth control that she miscarried.

I just think they're both extra fertile.

But if they can take care of them (and they seemingle can. They make enough money beFORE they had their show to do so), and the kids are raised right, so I say go for it. I pray it's healthy for them.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_is_cute
I know, right? My daughter is 2 and I have that gross saggy wrinkly mom stomach. I never had a tight stomach to begin with, but whatever. This lady's must be so saggy! At least she has those baggy prairie dresses to hide it.

This has to be one of the most superficial statements I've read.... which in itself is disappointing
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I like how that family is super close, and they have good morals
but damn, they need to consider birth control

Birth control is an individual right in almost all countries except possibly China... I'm not sure why it bothers anyone that they have so many. If they can support them and raise them properly (which they apprear to be doing) then who the hell cares how many kids they have?? More freedom to them I say! How we would all be bitching if brith control was imposed on us in the rest of the free world, I imagine none too many of us would be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
cause the world isnt over populated enough!

This sort of family was common in settlement times, it was common to have 10, 11, 12 etc etc kids. I think part of the reason they stand out is because they dont fit todays norm or societal expectations, it doesnt make it wrong AFAIC.

sierrao

im so glad my parents stopped at 3 kids, cuz i would hate to be a duggar child and have to take care of my younger siblings. i need a life too! i swear if i was part of that family i would become a stripper just to piss off my parents lol. im not really a religious person so i think its wrong that you have to have a ton of kids because god wants you to. its like all shes there to do is to have kids and get pregnant. i dont like her, it seems like shes depriving her kids of a normal life and making them do all of her work while she just sits there pushin out kids. her "baby factory" really needs to shut down
sorry if i was rude..

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
im so glad my parents stopped at 3 kids, cuz i would hate to be a duggar child and have to take care of my younger siblings. i need a life too! i swear if i was part of that family i would become a stripper just to piss off my parents lol. im not really a religious person so i think its wrong that you have to have a ton of kids because god wants you to. its like all shes there to do is to have kids and get pregnant. i dont like her, it seems like shes depriving her kids of a normal life and making them do all of her work while she just sits there pushin out kids. her "baby factory" really needs to shut down
sorry if i was rude..

Dont' apologize you're right, the amount of children they have doesn't allow the older ones the chance to not take care of the younger ones. Its almost a responsibility they have to do, I wonder if they ever say "no i'm not changing that diaper, you wanted it you change it!" I'd pay to see one of them pop off at the mom.

User35

I just hope the daughters know that they dont all have to be mothers. We have so many opportunities as American women, I hope some of the gals live up to their full potential.

Redz24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429
I just hope the daughters know that they dont all have to be mothers. We have so many opportunities as American women, I hope some of the gals live up to their full potential.

Going by the fact there first grandchild is due next month, it looks like it.

I'm not against them having 18 kids, and I understand they live a certain way because of there religion, but I can't help think what they haven't experienced outside of there family world.

None of them will live on there own, will the girls all end up being housewives like back in the day? will the get to party? Just some thoughts.

jillianjiggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazgh
OK - some good points raised here. Mine's slightly more frivolous - who gets to open all the post and how do you know whose mail is for who. While the kids are young this might not trouble them too much but when they get bank accounts and stuff and post comes addressed to J. Duggar - how the hell are they going to know who it belongs to?

there shouldn't be a reason for a bank to send someone a letter with just a first initial unless they filled out the forms that way, which i doubt they would, and i doubt a bank would open an account under the name "j" and not "joshua" or whatever.

i have never received a letter from a bank (or otherwise) but especially a large corporation with sensitive information like a bank, with just my first initial. even so, something like that could be easily fixed. i can't imagine it's that big of an issue.

jillianjiggs

there is a LOT about this family that is easy to disagree on, but there is also a lot about them that most of america and the world could learn a thing or two about.

the world being overpopulated enough is a decent argument, but it could be said for any family that has children instead of not, or adopting ones that are already out there, etc. it's easy to target the duggars because they have so many, but if you're gonna complain about them having another kid because the world is overpopulated enough, you may as well rag on the jones' next door for having a second child too.

i don't necessarily agree with their views on certain things, like not wanting/allowing their daughters to attend college, but there are plenty of questionable parenting choices made by many parents and it just seems like the duggars are a target because they're "weird" or whatever.

i also can't picture jim bob or michelle shaming/disowning/whatever any of their daughters if they happen to choose to leave the lifestyle/family and do something different. they love and accept (and continue to spend time with, which i think is a big thing) their cousin amy who does pretty much everything the complete opposite than they do. it just seems that they just choose not to live their lives that way but don't shame those who live theirs differently.

there is also a tremendous amount of respect going on in that family. the kids are very well behaved and even though they are sometimes loud and rambunctious like kids can be, michelle is kind and respectful to them in her discipline and they in turn are kind and respectful to her. it's admirable, IMO. you also rarely (never?) see the older ones arguing or hoarding items or anything like that - or act bratty or spoiled or catty. their interactions with each other is so kind and respectful compared to the way many families, large or small, carry on. you don't see the kids melting down and having temper tantrums over not getting a toy or piece of candy.

i think there are a lot of positive things about the duggars that a lot of people can learn from. i wouldn't live my life their way nor do i agree with everything they do or don't do, but i think they're very genuine people and the amount of jokes and criticism that is hurled at them is a bit upsetting. i don't know.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
......Birth control is an individual right in almost all countries except possibly China... I'm not sure why it bothers anyone that they have so many. If they can support them and raise them properly (which they apprear to be doing) then who the hell cares how many kids they have?? ...........

It doesn't affect me personally, so yes, who cares. We can still look at the situation and discuss it (since the family chooses to serve their lives up to us all in the press). IMO, I think they are ridiculous for having 18 kids. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think their choices come off as incredibly unpalatable to some of us because we can look at the situation and realize that:

A) It is physically imposible for the mother to perform all of the child care tasks (the father works, correct?), therefore the burden of raising the ridiculous amount of kids falls on the other kids. I say let the kids decide if they want to raise children when they are old enough to have their own.

B) It is also impossible for each parent to give each child a reasonable amount of individual attention. To spend one hour with each kid per day would be 18 hours in a 24 hour day. Not possible.

C) Their child rearing has become a commercial entrerprise, as they accept gifts and donations. Sorry, two adults in their positions can not support 18 kids on their own.

I think their little biology experiment is careless and thoughtless, as they are dealing with human lives, not guinea pigs.

I'll chat with you all in about a year and a half when number 20 is due, I'm sure.

mern

I dont know, I hate to sound like a complete b&&ch but I think the family is disgusting. I think the world is overpopulated as it is. Its just completely mindblowing and obviously they have sources from the gov for having so many children as well as their little tv show as well. On a lighter note I cant help but wonder how her va-jay-jay feels during sex. I cant even imagine it being pleasurable at all. I wonder if they both still even enjoy sex. 18 kids kind of would take the fun out of it a bit. Are they going to continue having kids until menopause? What if they end up with 32 kids... then what? 32 duggars and counting + 128 neices and nephews/grandbabies. I just cant wrap my mind around it.

Redz24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianjiggs
there shouldn't be a reason for a bank to send someone a letter with just a first initial unless they filled out the forms that way, which i doubt they would, and i doubt a bank would open an account under the name "j" and not "joshua" or whatever.

i have never received a letter from a bank (or otherwise) but especially a large corporation with sensitive information like a bank, with just my first initial. even so, something like that could be easily fixed. i can't imagine it's that big of an issue.

I think she is just giving it as an example. I get junk mail delivered with just the initial letter of my name being printed on the address.

With them all having names beginning with a J, it must get hella confusing passing round mail to check who its for.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429

I think the only potential that any of them see in the female children is more uterus space, sadly.

Chikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrao
im not really a religious person so i think its wrong that you have to have a ton of kids because god wants you to.

I find this an odd statement. Um, it's not like her husband and herself aren't NOT having sex and God is just handing them the babies anyhow. They are choosing to do this. What they are saying is God is blessing them. It's not that God has decreed that she MUST give birth to X number of kids.

And for those who talk about overpopulation, well... I'm kind of iffy on that. These people are not taking MY money because they can't pay for their kids or anything. The husband has a job. Plus, why not populate the world with some respectful, hardworking people?
Plus, I'm not having any kids, so some of hers can count for mine.
tong.gif

Quote:
I dont know, I hate to sound like a complete b&&ch but I think the family is disgusting. I think the world is overpopulated as it is. Its just completely mindblowing and obviously they have sources from the gov for having so many children as well as their little tv show as well.

You obviously don't know anything about the family. The husband owns land and some businesses around the state or town that they live in, plus he does other side jobs; both he and Michelle are real estate agents. PLUS Jim Bob was in the Arkansas House of Representatives in the late 90's, early 00's. So they're not hard up for money. Nor are they getting government assistance because they cannot care for their kids. (The TV show is all a bonus.) As for their oldest son, he owns his own car dealership. They are an industrious family. They make their own money. People should take care to know a bit more about someone before talking meanly about them.

I don't think people should be so cruel to the family; they're self sufficient, able, and free to do as they please.

I wish the Duggars all the best and pray their baby (and grandbaby!!) are healthy.

MUALindsay

The government might not be "handing them money" nor are we, however, they do get a tax break for having X amount of kids, so therefore a lot of us, who don't have X amount of kids, are essentially "paying their taxes".

Latest posts