Duggar family has another...

Brittni

I think it's funny that someone mentioned both of the parents are real estate agents -- in the clothing attire they wear I wonder how they make a living off of it! lol.

I saw the show on TLC the other night and it was just odd.

silentkite

My opinion on this family swings so much. On one side, I find them fascinating, the kids seem to be nice and on a tv show, it's just good entertainment. I know they're a real family, but if you put yourself out there for tv specials, you have to expect people will have opinions on you.

I remember her saying labour is still painful, the babies don't just slide on out (not in those words though!)

After reading their website, I have to wonder if the parents just still feel guilty over their miscarriage due to taking the BCP, and are having as many kids as possible to make up for it. I don't really like their decision to have so many children that the older kids have to do the parenting. I realise this happens in SO many families, but in this situation, the parents know it will happen and still have more babies.

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Squeeze out? Im sure they just slide and fall out by now :p

Like a hotdog in a hallway...

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
They may be debt free, but I still wonder if they are on public assistance.

They're not on assistance. They're completely self sufficient. That was one of the reasons the producers were intrigued by them, because it's easy to squeeze out kids and be on assistance for it, but something else entirely different to have them and then pay for them w/o assistance from the govt.

SkylarV217

The oldest went off to college recently, They were also building a house together. the family worked on it together and paid for it little by little and worked on it until they absolutely had to bring other people in. As for when will she stop .... She will stop when nature takes its course and I'd be willing to bet that will be very soon ..... No ones even mentioned the fact that by the time their last child graduates they will be over 60 .... I don't think thats fair to children to have excessively older parents that don't / can't put time and effort into them.... By Father in law and step mother in law are raising her sons child ie thier grandchild and they are early 50's and it's not fair to them are the young boy ..... But in the end it's their right to have as many kids or as few as they please just like its our right to have as many as we would like.

Shenanigans

A woman's body is designed to adapt during pregnancy and go back to normal after birth, so I'm sure she's just fine. I have a kid, and I'm kind of shocked at how ignorant some of the comments in here are.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
A woman's body is designed to adapt during pregnancy and go back to normal after birth, so I'm sure she's just fine. I have a kid, and I'm kind of shocked at how ignorant some of the comments in here are.

I agree.

silentkite

Quote:

That's true. Women's bodies are designed to be having way more than the usual 2-3 kids. Back when medicine wasn't as good, people had way more children since it was likely several would die while still young.

thelove4tequila

Okay okay...why would she want to even HAVE sex at the end of the day?!?!?! Why??? I wonder if she actually lays down on the bed for enjoyment or procreation?

MAC_Whore

Quote:

I am sure that most of the comments are meant in jest, not out of ignorance. Sure the female body is meant to adapt to pregnany, but there is a big difference as to effects of delivering 1 child vs. 18 (and probably more to come).

When the parents put the family on tv and in the media, they open themselves up to discussion.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilrobin
I don't really care for their belief system, but i'm sure as hell not going to comment on that woman's reproductive rights.

They're not on public assistance and the kids are home schooled.. so they aren't even using up public schooling resources.

They can afford their lifetsyle because they work hard and pass on the luxuries most of us don't. no MAC makup, no iPods....

Those kids BUILT THE EFFING HOUSE. Can your kids?

Lol sorry but if I had to put my money on a Duggar kid or the average American kid in a cage match my money is going on the DUGGAR KID.

I'm right there with ya! The folks aren't living off welfare, they are not sitting around drinking colt 45 in a trailer and not caring where the kids are. If I was the mother of all those kids I'd be putting salt peter in my husbands food. Those people are either way too fertile or oversexed. They may be good kids, but enoughs enough. If you had 17 dogs or cats people would think you were crazy too.

purrtykitty

I know the kids say they love this lifestyle, but I just don't think it's very fair to all the children. These older kids are essentially forced into caring for their younger brothers and sisters until they are old enough to leave home. Do you really think they have a choice in the matter? And I'm sorry, but an older sibling is not the same as a parent. I'm certainly not trying to offend anyone who was raised by an older sibling, but it's not the same...especially considering the fact that the parents are present, it's just that there are too damn many kids for 2 people to handle. Mom just keeps poppin' 'em out...and the kids pick up the slack. I'm sure the kids are very nice, but I have to wonder how much of a "childhood" they're all getting.

toby_is_cute

Oh the Duggars...how I love to watch them on Discovery Health on TLC. LOL I have a weird fascination with this family. I have one child and I can't even imagine what it would be like to have two, let alone 18! IMO it is too many kids. The kids seem well behaved and what not, but they are home schooled and would never survive in "mean streets" of high school.

And you know they got paid a sh*t load for all those shows. They were living in some small 3 bedroom house and now they have a 7,000 sq foot house on several acres.

That being said I can't wait to watch the new episodes that they are going to make when the new baby comes. And is any one else so curious to see what the mom's stomach looks like??

pratbc

My stomach is f*ct after only having one- and that was almost 3 years ago! I cannot imagine what hers looks like!

toby_is_cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratbc
My stomach is f*ct after only having one- and that was almost 3 years ago! I cannot imagine what hers looks like!

I know, right? My daughter is 2 and I have that gross saggy wrinkly mom stomach. I never had a tight stomach to begin with, but whatever. This lady's must be so saggy! At least she has those baggy prairie dresses to hide it.

HOTasFCUK

I find that family very fascinating & i actually applaud them for what they have accomplished. They do everything on their own and they have done it together. Isn't that what family is all about? This is their lifestyle & they enjoy it! Its much better then those people who keep on getting pregnant keep on collecting another monthly government welfare check, live in an unfit home, & are still trying to chase down thier babies daddies all while they sit on their ass all day instead of trying to make something out of themselves or for their children. In Canada, you can collect welfare, child benefits, & get free food from a food bank. Yet many of these people piss our tax payers money away on booze, cigarettes, drugs, etc. instead of buying their kids a new winter coat or provided them with a proper meal. This family is able to provide a shelter, clothing, food, & they seem to be a solid family unit. They are educated, well mannered, & have a ton of respect for each other. I just wonder who these kids are going to end up bring home (boyfriends/girlfriends) when they get older!!! I think these people keep on having kids because they really love their family & love their kids. I don't think its for religious reasons. They still keep the love alive LOL

I'd be scared to sleep in that house though.....there's a huge chance you will catch or hear the parents doing it!!! Luckily now they got a huge house!
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

Yeah i would imagine they would marry into their "community". Can you imagine how many grandchildren they are going to have if their kids even have about 10 kids each (which is still a low number for them i guess hehehe).

I wonder what the world record is for the most children. i think it was a woman in Russia with 40 something kids. Freakin' insane! I bet because of the Duggar's religion & lifestyle, they would break the world record for most grandchildren if their kids pop out as many kids as their parents did!