Duggar family has another...

Beauty Mark

Quote:
mia farrow has 15 kids, 12 adopted. no one is talking about her parenting skills is it because they are adopted which automatically makes her a wonderful person? or because it's a little known fact?

I think it's partially she adopted (for some people, it's taking care of other beings who exist vs. creating more people), but her daughter marrying Woody Allen probably brought up what kind of parent Mia must be

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I think it's partially she adopted (for some people, it's taking care of other beings who exist vs. creating more people), but her daughter marrying Woody Allen probably brought up what kind of parent Mia must be

I don't think it does bring her parenting into question. At a certain point children need to be accountable for their actions. No matter how good of a parent you are your kids may not turn out exactly as you intended; most likely they won't. He daughter's bad behavior, and her ex-boyfriends, is not a reflection upon her imo.

I do however, still believe that is too many children for anyone to take care of. I just don't think each child will get the quality time they need.

MAC_Whore

They may be well adjusted. They may be happy, but ugh...that is just too much. It's irresponsible. It's greedy. Who needs 17 kids? It almost seems like mental illness. As if she is obsessed with pregnancy/birth.

Or to be honest, I will let you know the first thing that popped into my head when I read the orginal post: "Fuck that"
lol.gif

lipstickandhate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianjiggs
mia farrow has 15 kids, 12 adopted. no one is talking about her parenting skills
hmm.gif
is it because they are adopted which automatically makes her a wonderful person? or because it's a little known fact?

i suppose these people put themselves out there, but it is not really anyones place to judge, as we dont see very much other than what the cameras show us. some are saying "they could be really screwed up but you don't see that" - you could very well also not see HOW the parents truly parent, you just see their system of an older kid helping out.

from what i remember, the older kid just HELPS. helps dress the younger one, helps brush their teeth...that is not the older one being a full blown parent, that is what i see my neighbour with THREE kids do. the eldest helps the 2 younger ones. my older sister helped me out all the time and we are only 2.

some others are commenting on how the one girl said she wanted to be a mother and wife and how it's being "forced" on her - she's young. when i was 13 i wanted to be a model. didn't exactly occur to me that you had to be tall, thin and beautiful (i am not exactly all three!!) to be a model. it was just a silly little aspiration. now as i'm older and going to college, i have different aspirations and life goals. it's about growing up.

how different is that from "i want to be a plumber just like my dad"?

their way of life is definitely different than most of us are used to, and probably much more religious than how we live ours, but they're a family just like any other, IMO. they deal with the same things.

Most people I know think Mia Farrow is a nutbag. No one questions her parenting skills b/c they know she's batshit crazy. Por ejemplo, her recent letter begging to TRADE PLACES WITH THE IMPRISONED DARFUR REBEL LEADER. I lol'd for 5 minutes when I read that stupid shit. Oh Mia, stop with the Botox and idealism. You're too old.

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
They may be well adjusted. They may be happy, but ugh...that is just too much. It's irresponsible. It's greedy. Who needs 17 kids? It almost seems like mental illness. As if she is obsessed with pregnancy/birth.

Or to be honest, I will let you know the first thing that popped into my head when I read the orginal post: "Fuck that"
lol.gif

ITA. Hell, I don't even want one. But to each his/her own. It's a free world
graucho.gif

somethingsinful

No it is not a free world just look at the The Planned Birth policy which the birth control policy of the government of the People's Republic of China (PRC). When we look at both of these extremes I do not think either is right but I do think that limiting procreation is becoming necessary. The People's Republic of China and India make up over 35% of the worlds population and the worlds current population is roughly 6,616,297,648...I do not know how much more the Earth can take.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
.....and here comes baby #18. I wonder how many times we will revive this thread? How many more can she squeeze out? Story here

Squeeze out? Im sure they just slide and fall out by now :p

pratbc

She coughs or sneezes and its #19!!!!
I have seen this family on TV many a time and, honestly, they do creep me out. It seems like the kids have no socialization with or concept of the "outside" world i.e. those who are not part of that frightening religion they belong to. Now that I know what its called I can't help but rush and Google it!
Being a mother myself (I just have 1 and he is plenty for me right now) I know how much time and attention it takes to raise a child the best way possible. Although these children seem to be respectful and well-mannered, I can't help but think that it would be absolutely impossible for the parents to attend to the emotional needs of all the children. They have the physical needs covered with the help of the older children.
It seems to me like this woman is having all of these children because the religion tells her to. And its sad that these views are being passed down to her daughters.
Just my 2 cents....

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Despite disagreeing with their lifestyle, simply out of pure vanity and selfishness, they seem to be doing something right in that their kids always come across as respectful and intelligent.
There's something to be said for that, considering the hooligans running around regularly these days.

I agree 100% with every statement made here.

GlossyAbby

I have driven by their house it looks like a freaking nursing home ... but seriously that is too many kids I feel bad for the odler girls having to be mom's to the younger ones...and the way they dress them.. you know when those kids grow up they are running away and gonig buck wild

Beauty Mark

I guess for them, it's a way of life. It's like I don't understand the extreme duty some people feel towards taking care of their parents, though their parents seem particularly able.

AFAIK, from everything I read, once you had a few children and given birth vaginally, it's like they fall out of you when it's time.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Squeeze out? Im sure they just slide and fall out by now :p

No kidding. What was I thinking? They probably fall out sideways.

wolfsong

Which begs the question - how did they manage a successful conception?

Do you think Quiverfulls are against vag surgery?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Which begs the question - how did they manage a successful conception?

Do you think Quiverfulls are against vag surgery?

I am guessing that a successful conception involves her standing on her head.

I'd be willing to bet that vag surgery isn't even a thought. I am guessing sex is more a means to an end rather than an enjoyable act.

To each their own and all that, but yuck.

wolfsong

If you cherish life, shouldnt you give yourself time to enjoy it rather than keep popping them out-handing them over-popping them out? Its like the act of making children (creating an army for god) is almost more important then the actual end product (the baby).

To each their own as long as you dont harm others, but people still have a right to comment (and my comments arent too positive unfortunately).

That said, i dearly hope that those children are living a happy, full and well balanced life, or as well balanced as they can playing mommy and daddy to their siblings.

I feel sorry for the husband though - like a string in a well im guessing...

Aprilrobin

I don't really care for their belief system, but i'm sure as hell not going to comment on that woman's reproductive rights.

They're not on public assistance and the kids are home schooled.. so they aren't even using up public schooling resources.

They can afford their lifetsyle because they work hard and pass on the luxuries most of us don't. no MAC makup, no iPods....

Those kids BUILT THE EFFING HOUSE. Can your kids?

Lol sorry but if I had to put my money on a Duggar kid or the average American kid in a cage match my money is going on the DUGGAR KID.