Dyed my hair reddish-brown FOTN

Austrian_Babe

This is actually like 3 weeks old, the reddish tone fades so fast OMG. If anyone has tips on haircare for dyed red hair, please let me know. I used the Schwarzkopf new 10min hairdye btw. And I realized that I don´t like bright colors with my reddish hair, or maybe I just have to try out more looks. It seems like my hair is vibrant enough already-I don´t want to add a lot of color to my eyes
I´ll try to remember what I used.

FACE
Makeup Forever HD foundation
Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Foundation
Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer
Makeup Forever blush in a bright peach color

EYES
black creme base (Clown makeup)
NYX e/s White
MAC e/s Silver Ring and Blacktied I think (?)
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo Ash Blonde
DiorShow Blackout mascara

LIPS
MAC l/g Florabundance

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

sn0wbunnie

Wow, you have amazing skin!

For hair colour, it's best to wash with cold water, use an sulfate free shampoo, and try to go as long as you can between washings. HTH!

Mabelle

i find that the more you dye your hair the colour, the longer the red tone will stay.
make sure you're using a shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair. wash in cold water. use as little shampoo as possible

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Hot look! I love the VG pics in the background!

thanks. Only a true MAC addict would notice that hehe

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i find that the more you dye your hair the colour, the longer the red tone will stay.

actually that´s what my hair stylist said too, after you´ve been dying your hair red for a while it´s almost hard to get out if you ever wanna change it

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0wbunnie
Wow, you have amazing skin!

For hair colour, it's best to wash with cold water, use an sulfate free shampoo, and try to go as long as you can between washings. HTH!

thanks. It took a while for me to get my skin to look better so I get excited when people compliment my skin.

Brr cold water? I guess I´ll try to handle it if that´s what it takes. And I´ll go check my shampoo ingredients lists right now

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
What color is that? I've been wanting something like this to so my stylist

I originally had it dyed a medium brown by a stylist, but the new color is "Reddish Brown" by Schwarzkopf, I dyed it myself (my first time!) I think any darker red-brown would give you that look

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian_Babe
I originally had it dyed a medium brown by a stylist, but the new color is "Reddish Brown" by Schwarzkopf, I dyed it myself (my first time!) I think any darker red-brown would give you that look

Thanks, mine is kind of like that already, but I want to see a little more red, btw you look gorgeous!!

Skin*Deep

wow, you are stunning! seriously I'm a catty bitch and I don't hand out compliments to women that easily (half-joking) but, you my dear are gorgeous! I am enjoying the darker hair more than your profile pic, maybe because I'm blonde so I'm attracted to anything thats different....*shrug*
pureology is a fab shampoo for colored hair......I have red streaks in my blonde hair and its hard to keep it vibrant.....

lilmzkimmylady

wow... you look so pretty!!! the hair color suits so very well! but i loved your blonde hair before too! the makeup is gorg. too, of course! =]

when i used to have red hair, i would use ARTec's color depositing shampoo every other day and it helps keep the color looking fresh more often. hth!

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin*Deep
wow, you are stunning! seriously I'm a catty bitch and I don't hand out compliments to women that easily (half-joking) but, you my dear are gorgeous! I am enjoying the darker hair more than your profile pic, maybe because I'm blonde so I'm attracted to anything thats different....*shrug*
pureology is a fab shampoo for colored hair......I have red streaks in my blonde hair and its hard to keep it vibrant.....

thank you so much! You know, I realized that when I was a blonde all the women who´s beauty I was jealous of where actually brunettes! When I realized that I knew it was time to find out if I´d make a good brunette.

I have never heard of the Pureology brand before though.

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmzkimmylady
wow... you look so pretty!!! the hair color suits so very well! but i loved your blonde hair before too! the makeup is gorg. too, of course! =]

when i used to have red hair, i would use ARTec's color depositing shampoo every other day and it helps keep the color looking fresh more often. hth!

Thank you! I think ARTec is L`Oreal Professionel´s color care line, right? I definitely want to get a shampoo that actually deposits color! The first few times I washed my hair the water running down from my hair was pink! I was like noooooo please stay in my hair lol

Latest posts