Estée Lauder - Courrèges Estée Lauder Collection

Medgal07

i see what' you're talking about and it's odd. But I saw the original pics in the Sephora thread! Thanks for them! I have the Kabuki brush on my list now. Do you love it???
Very odd because in edit mode, the full photos appear just as they do in the Sephora thread. Oh well.

The Kabuki brush is very dense so it takes a long time to dry. It washed up nicely though. It's not a must have, but fun if you're a brush collector. It fits the powder
compact well and I only needed to swipe the powder once for a full application. I'm enjoying it!!!

Candycoatedclos

Very odd because in edit mode, the full photos appear just as they do in the Sephora thread. Oh well.

The Kabuki brush is very dense so it takes a long time to dry. It washed up nicely though. It's not a must have, but fun if you're a brush collector. It fits the powder
compact well and I only needed to swipe the powder once for a full application. I'm enjoying it!!!
That's good to know. I may have to take it off of my love to get list now!

Medgal07

So heatwave was a cream highlighter? I had no idea. I just really wanted to try it out. I don't like cream hightlighters. :(
Heatwave's composition is that of a cream gel & powder in one. It looks and performs like a powder. The new Iridescent ball highlighter is a cream but dries to a powder.
It has some slip to it over time, so I chose to set it with a powder to prolong the wear time. Like you, I'm not a huge fan of cream products but I really like this one. The
color is very similar to Heat Wave but of course the formula & finish are different.

Candycoatedclos

Heatwave's composition is that of a cream gel & powder in one. It looks and performs like a powder. The new Iridescent ball highlighter is a cream but dries to a powder.
It has some slip to it over time, so I chose to set it with a powder to prolong the wear time. Like you, I'm not a huge fan of cream products but I really like this one. The
color is very similar to Heat Wave but of course the formula & finish are different.
All of this is great information. I didn't try to set it with a powder so I may give it a second chance to do that.

I'm not sure I would recommend this product to girls with oily skin? What do you think @Medgal07 after setting it with a powder?

shizzelly

My order for the Courrèges Illuminations Face Powder just shipped from Sephora! I was worried earlier today because it's now listed as "sold out" and the link is gone!
eeksign.gif
Seeing that shipment confirmation just made my day
cheerleader.gif

Candycoatedclos

My order for the Courrèges Illuminations Face Powder just shipped from Sephora! I was worried earlier today because it's now listed as "sold out" and the link is gone!
eeksign.gif
cheerleader.gif
Whew! I'm glad you got it in time! I saw it sold out so quickly last week!

Medgal07

All of this is great information. I didn't try to set it with a powder so I may give it a second chance to do that.

I'm not sure I would recommend this product to girls with oily skin? What do you think @Medgal07 after setting it with a powder?
Once set with a powder it didn't budge, but I tend to do that with all cream products to avoid slippage. I have an oily T-zone, but not always---it's weird, so I've just
gotten in the habit of setting creams with powder. I agree with you CCC----this product may be more of a problem for someone with extremely oily skin.

Medgal07

eeksign.gif
cheerleader.gif
Wow! I'm so glad for you. I think this is the second time the powder sold out.

shizzelly

Wow! I'm so glad for you. I think this is the second time the powder sold out.
I just happened to see it last night and wanted to redeem my birthday reward. Thank goodness for free flash shipping for VIB Rouges I'm too excited for it to get here!
th_DANCE.gif

Candycoatedclos

I just happened to see it last night and wanted to redeem my birthday reward. Thank goodness for free flash shipping for VIB Rouges I'm too excited for it to get here!
th_DANCE.gif
You definitely got lucky! I hope you had a fantastic birthday! Let us know how you like it when it arrives!

Medgal07

th_DANCE.gif
Well
happybirthday.gif
I'm loving that VIBR flash shipping too. That was a great move on Sephora's part!!! I hope you'll let us know what you think of the powder.

Medgal07

I really like the powder! I know I maybe in the minority but I'm kind of glad that it isn't an exact dupe for Heatwave. I like the peach undertones that it has with it - it'll be great to play with for Spring!
I like it too. It really packs a big punch so I was even thinking of trying it with a large fan brush for an even lighter application.

Candycoatedclos

I like it too. It really packs a big punch so I was even thinking of trying it with a large fan brush for an even lighter application.
I need to pick up a new fan brush too. My current wouldn't even pick this or my Kiko up!

I'm hoping Sephora restocks this so non-vibs/vips can try it out!

Medgal07

I need to pick up a new fan brush too. My current wouldn't even pick this or my Kiko up!

I'm hoping Sephora restocks this so non-vibs/vips can try it out!
Louise Young makes a nice fan brush which is much more suitable for use with over all face powders:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/louise-young-cosmetics-ly20-super-fan-brush/3413324?
origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=81

I hope they do too!!! Do you know if it will be featured on EL's web site or other department stores?

Candycoatedclos

Louise Young makes a nice fan brush which is much more suitable for use with over all face powders:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/louise-young-cosmetics-ly20-super-fan-brush/3413324?
origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=81

I hope they do too!!! Do you know if it will be featured on EL's web site or other department stores?
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to check this one out!

No :-( the only info I got that was distributed as press was that it's going to be available March 2015 with early access at Sephora for VIB rouges and VIB's. I'm going to reach out and hopefully with enough buzz they'll send more shipment to sephora for the general public release!

allthingsglam

[COLOR=0000FF]   Thanks Glammy.  I tried to post here, the pics/swatches that I posted in the Sephora thread but they didn't copy well---only 1/2 a pic.when there were actually two full  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]    pics.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]:shrugs: Not sure what happened.[/COLOR]
o I will check over there to see swatches thanks medgal idk site acting up

Medgal07

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to check this one out!

No :-( the only info I got that was distributed as press was that it's going to be available March 2015 with early access at Sephora for VIB rouges and VIB's. I'm going to reach out and hopefully with enough buzz they'll send more shipment to sephora for the general public release!
That would be great. Just want everyone to have access to the goods!