Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE - Markham, Ontario!

HOTasFCUK

Re: MAC/Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE in Markham, Ontario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
So... just out of curiosity...

Do people make fakes of these passes? And...how would one go about spotting a fake?

I read on RFD that people do make fakes and now i noticed that they started putting a sticker of the name of the person who got the tickets (the EL employee) and what location they are at.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I read on RFD that people do make fakes and now i noticed that they started putting a sticker of the name of the person who got the tickets (the EL employee) and what location they are at.

They give out tickets to various companies as well so if you get a company ticket the ticket will have a sticker with the name of the company (instead of employee as noted above).

They also started putting an Estee Lauder seal on the front of the tickets and making a notation that tickets are not valid without the seal. I guess people were just copying them before which would have been very easy to do.

malaviKat

^^ But it's still okay to use them if you aren't the name of the person on the ticket (or affiliated with the company whose name is on the ticket?)

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
^^ But it's still okay to use them if you aren't the name of the person on the ticket (or affiliated with the company whose name is on the ticket?)

Yes it's still OK to use them. There is a sticker with a person's or company's name and then a spot for Guest's name. Your name would just go under the guests name. They do not check id so they would have no way of knowing whether or not you were affiliated with the company/person listed on the sticker. I get company tickets so there is no way for them to know whether or not I work for or am affiluated with that company.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
OMG another in December!? damn

Yep...4 times a year...March, June, September & December.
thmbup.gif

ClaireAvril

So who IS going and when??!?!?!?
What items are you hoping to get?

malaviKat

I am going on Sunday...

(I could have gone on Saturday but I have a soccer tourney scheduled for the entire duration of the sale. It's scheduled for Sunday too...but let's face it: Our team sucks and we don't foresee playing Sunday. LOL *tear*) Sucks b/c I hear Sunday is the worst day to go. Oh well.

I'm not really "hoping" for anything. I just kinda want to see what it's like as I've never had the opportunity to go before. TBH, I haven't wanted too much from MAC lately... I've just been buying stuff to boost my collection.

But still.. I'll go. At very least, I'm sure I can get some Christmas shopping done?
smiles.gif

ClaireAvril

The last one I went to.. March.. or May or something.. I went on a Sunday and there was still lots of stuff. Shadows, pigments, LOTS of lip products, fix+, Oil control lotion, strobe lotion. So you should be able to find quite a few things.
I just love finding things from old collections that I didn't purchase in stores. I got crushed bouganvilla (sp?!?) CCB from the ungaro collection that I missed out on I was so excited. oh man.. i can't wait!!!

I want.. Hmmm.. concealers, more fix+, OC lotion and strobe, maybe some shadows, and paints. and EL Bronze Goddess perfume.

malaviKat

Oh I think I'll just add to my shadow collection. Are there empty palettes on sale too? Maybe I'll add some pigments for fun...

I am running out of storage space!

Makeup Emporium

^^^I have never seen the empty palettes at the sale before but I guess there's always a first for everything!

malaviKat

For those of you who have gone... what's the "one thing" you'd recommend people buy or do while there?

(I read about the gift bags a while back.)

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
For those of you who have gone... what's the "one thing" you'd recommend people buy or do while there?

The gift bags are a def must. They cost $5 for usually 4 full sized products; no tax (need cash only to pay for these). The money goes to charity and you are allowed to buy 4 gift bags per person (one sale it was 6 per person). They are after the cashiers at the sale. Watch out though b/c one year there were brushes at the sale for $20 each that were also part of the $5 gift bags! I always sneek a peek at the gift bags while I am in line to pay so I make sure I don't duplicate any purchases (can save you some $$).

Have fun!

Tat2dbeauty07

Ohhh I am so jealous I want to go.... Is anyone willing to pick a few things up for me? If so please PM me Ill give a list its short and sweet... I can paypal money for the items after the even and before you send them out.

ClaireAvril

Quote:

I recommend the things that are more expensive in stores.
Like the lotions and brush sets.. if you want them. Eyeshadows are also great cos then you can depot.
There were some full sized brushes the last time but they were ones that I didn't need.
Another good thing is that just before the cashiers there is a table that you can go through your goodies and sort out what you don't want.

malaviKat

I would offer to CP for people but my soccer tourney may run into Sunday and there is a possibility that I might not get there..

GRRRRR

RoxyJ

Quote:

Def. get the charity grab bags, they are purchased after you pay for your stuff, but before you exit the main area and surrender your ticket (if you go up to the cash area to the left, you can see the table in the corner). Be sure to keep an extra $20 aside because they only take cash. I too sneak a peek before I "cruise" because they usually have some good products in the bags.

I have an invite for Friday and one for Saturday. Not interested in going anymore. I wrote my name on the Friday one... just my first name. Let me know if interested
smiles.gif

Latest posts