Estee Lauder Warehouse SALE - Markham, Ontario!

StarrySim

I went today, it was ok. Stood in line for half hour even though I arrived around 11-12. Someone asked about palettes - they had Leopard Luxe, Tone Grey, In The Gallery, Photorealism, Notoriety, plus random holiday ones that I don't really look at closely. The purple tartan tale one for sure, plus others. The same table had the holiday lip bags, 3-4 different ones.

The $4 tables still had a bunch of pro pan e/s: satin taupe, phloof, yogurt, plumage, goldenrod, naked lunch. Pro pan blushes and mini cleanse off oil were gone.

The charity bags when I left around 2 pm were Dazzlespheres in either Plum eyes, or Coral lips. Free gift was hideous lashes.

I was disappointed in the lipstick table and the blush/MSF table. The eyeshadow table too wasn't too good either. Either that, or I just own too much MAC now.

kittycatt

Hey guys,

I went to the sale this afternoon and I only waited in line for 20 minutes. It wasn't as crowded as I imagined and the lines were reasonable at the counters and at the check-out.

Overall I am quite happy with my purchases, I just wish there would be a larger selection for Bobbi Brown products. A couple of the palettes I had my eye on were sold out unfortunately. Did anyone get some any deals on Bobbi Brown stuff?

I thought the Clinique 6 piece special set was a really good deal and it's enough to last for a while too lol I was hoping to get a Clinique lip gloss/lip stick but didn't find one that I like. I was hoping to see the "almost" lipsticks at the sale but I guess it might be too early since this is still a relatively new collection. Does anyone know when in the product life cycle they decide to sell them at the warehouse sale?

There was also a ton of hair care products for anyone who's interested.

The $4 bins were mostly MAC eyeshadow samples, I hardly think its worth $4 since its basically just cardboard with a slab of powder on it and I assume they give it out for free at the stores if you ask? I got a Clinique redness solution powder instead.

So, can anyone tell me, is this considered to be a "good" sale or a bummer as compared to previous years?

Thanks! :)

novella

I don't t think it was that great. I have not been at this sale for over 2 years. I , however, purchased many products that I did not have. Eye pallates , eye shadows, lipsticks and some blushes. In previous years they had more blushes, eyeshadows.

What does everyone else think?

When I was there yesterday , they had the bobbi brow palletes. I have never purchased bobbi brown. Is this eye shadow similar to mac?

novella

OOps forgot to ask , what is the clinique set. They had many yesterday , however, I don't know anything about this line.

StarrySim

The $4 bins were mostly MAC eyeshadow samples, I hardly think its worth $4 since its basically just cardboard with a slab of powder on it and I assume they give it out for free at the stores if you ask? I got a Clinique redness solution powder instead.

So, can anyone tell me, is this considered to be a "good" sale or a bummer as compared to previous years?

Uhm, no. Those are "pro pan" eyeshadows. They're full size and are meant to be put into MAC palettes. They retail for $14, not even close to being free samples. It's actually really amazing how many they had this time, one of the best things about this sale.

As for a comparison - I think the sale has gotten worse in the past year or so. Prices have gone up. Eyeshadows table used to be $9 ($12 now), palettes table used to be $15 ($25 now), SE brush sets used to be $20 ($30 now)... etc etc. Also, I feel like the product selection is not as good, but that may just be because I've been so many times and I have so much already, that nothing much catches my eye. The charity bags were actually decent this time, the Dazzlespheres. It's been much better and much worse in the past, so this was average for charity bags. The free gift has also been much better (Perfect Topping MSF, Sweet William creme blush were some of my favourite free gifts in the past), and much worse, especially Sundays (sponges, perfume samples).

makeupjunkie19

Hi, wondering if you wanted to trade one of your berry snowglobes for my pink dazzleglass globe or smokey blue crushed metal pigment snowglobe?

Sandra :)

kLumZigirl

I went to the sale Saturday, March 24th, was there at 7:45am, lined up for an hour and 15 mins and was with the first batch of people that went inside. I find that there were not a lot of blushes and lipstick selection, but I got what I came for and that is the Estee Lauder makeup palette for $25 that was always sold out by Friday! The lady said that was the last and only one for that day, so I guess they sold a lot Friday! I bought the MAC tartan tale sling bag for $8 and string pouch for $1, Tone Grey e/s palette, $25 (for my friend), Clinique light foundation, $12 (for my mom), 3 x Clinique eye makeup remover at the $4 bin, Estee Lauder Cherry Kiss hydrating lipstick, $10, Pleasures Gift Set, $30.00 and my favorite purchase was the Estee Lauder/Michael Kors Makeup Gift Set, with the silver MK clutch, $35. I think that was the best deal as the set includes EL eyeshadow and blush palette, EL eyeliner, EL lipstick and lip gloss. I bought $40 worth of Charity bags, Dazzlespheres, as I will be giving them away to my sister, mom and friends..

I find the sale good, 7 out of 10, just because the prices are too high than the previous 6 years sales I've been to.

I'll upload pics soon!

baton

I went both on Friday and Sunday. Decided to skip Saturday cuz it's always a madhouse and I am not patient enough to wait in line-ups. Selection for $12 eyeshadows & $15 blushes/MSF were not that great. However, I was impressed that they had a lot of pro pans at the $4 table with eyeshadows listed above from a previous poster along with pro pans blushes in desert rose, clove, coppertone. They had a lot more different eyeshadow palettes $25 than previous sales. They had $15 MAC cleansing oils, bobbi brown oils. Small makeup bags were $2 each compared to the last sale when they were $3 each. I got a couple of small hot pink satin pouches by clinique.

Free gift were fake lashes on both dates. #42, 46

Charity bag on Friday was either MAC face/body lotion or MAC snowglobes 6 eyeshadow palette in "warm", so of course i choose the eyeshadow palette cuz i already have a ton of the lotion from previous charit bags. max 4 per person. http://www.temptalia.com/mac-warm-snowglobe-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

Sunday's charity bag was just the face/body lotion so I passed. I have enough lotion to last me a lifetime from previous charity bags.

I went around mid afternoon on both dates to avoid lineups from the morning crowd.

Sunday they had a few 2 for 1 specials for gift sets as well that I don't remember seeing that deal on Friday. Maybe they were trying to get rid of them at the end.

While the charity bags were not as great as some previous sales, but at least it's better than nothing compared to that 1 sale when they totally didn't have any charity bags.

StarrySim

They had $15 MAC cleansing oils
I missed these. Where were they? Did they still have them on Sunday? Maybe I didn't find them Saturday because they sold our on Friday?

As for the 2-for-1 deals - They frequently do this on Sundays. I've seen 2-for-1 deals on lipsticks (back when they were $10. 2 for $10 was a smoking deal, I bought 12!), on palettes (2 for $15 back in 2009), and on blushes/MSF's. Also on the random items at the cash, like all the Naked Honey stuff, BB cleansing oil, etc.

baton

It was in the same room as the $12 eyeshadows just before you head to walk towards the eyeshadow there is a table near the wall with charged waters and other lotions, that's where the mac cleansing oils were.

I missed these. Where were they? Did they still have them on Sunday? Maybe I didn't find them Saturday because they sold our on Friday?

kLumZigirl

I had two tickets and my husband came along with me so I was able to buy 8 Dazzlespheres for $5 each! :) This Saturday's charity bag was by far my most favorite, after they had some Style Warriors collection (Eversun and On a Mission blushes) on the charity bag i think a year ago.

Kaliyan

If anyone would like to swap charity bags in person, I am willing to swap my Dazzlesphere! Plum Ornament Stacked Pigments Brand New in Box. I already own the coral lipgloss set. Please PM me - thanks!

StarrySim

I had two tickets and my husband came along with me so I was able to buy 8 Dazzlespheres for $5 each! :) This Saturday's charity bag was by far my most favorite, after they had some Style Warriors collection (Eversun and On a Mission blushes) on the charity bag i think a year ago.
I had that charity bag! Mine had On a Mission blush, Fierce & Fabulous Lipglass, a black Pearlglide, Full Body lipstick, and Grand Entrance e/s. Those were the days... My Fierce & Fabulous went bad just recently, I so want another one.

baton

Quote:
I saw them on sale on Friday and when I also passed by that section again on Sunday I saw the mac cleansing oil testers (2 of them) still on the table. usually they take away the testers if the product is sold out, but i guess if you didn't see them on saturday, then it must have been sold out by then.

I remember when the charity bags had about 4 items which were awesome. I rather have 4 regular sized items than 1 big dazzlesphere/palette item.

baton

most likely it's not at the beginning of June this time, but probably in the 3rd week of June.