Estee Lauder

missjulie

Maybe they knew the quality was subpar and didn't take any chance, they start doing that for film too. If they know it is a sh!tty film they wont do any press release and will just launch the film to the general public.

Oh, yea, my thoughts exactly, I was just typing that before seeing your comment :D
I hope that they at least kept the quality of the products from the first collab.

LiliV

I think they held off on PR samples this time bc they're trying to build hype. They want the collection to have that "ultra exclusive" vibe.

I also have a theory they underproduce stock for this because things sell out so quickly. I know it's hyped up, but it doesn't seem like the type of collection that you necessarily have to stay up for or rush etc, but still things sell out within hours. I think that's part of the exclusive vibe too

awickedshape

Makes me kind of suspicious as to why they didn't provide pr packages to anyone... Maybe they knew some of the products were subpar for the price point, and didn't want mixed or negative reviews to turn customers away before launch? I'm just speculating here of course.

Anyways, I ordered both eye foils, the new eye metal, the two new kajals as these products were really great back at the initial launch. Also ordered the skin perfecting powder, wonder how that will perform.

It's hard to imagine two big brands like that releasing intentionally poor performing items, but who knows? Hoping to see customer swatches and reviews soon!
I can see why people would still buy the quad, it's an interesting mix, but sacrificing on quality is hard.
Hope you get your stuff soon

awickedshape

I think they held off on PR samples this time bc they're trying to build hype. They want the collection to have that "ultra exclusive" vibe.

I also have a theory they underproduce stock for this because things sell out so quickly. I know it's hyped up, but it doesn't seem like the type of collection that you necessarily have to stay up for or rush etc, but still things sell out within hours. I think that's part of the exclusive vibe too

I get what you're saying. I'm not a fan of that super-exclusivity lol it's frustrating.

DMcG9

Yeah, I am happy I bought it when I did because even at $78 cdn it was a splurge for me. When I saw all the other new prices, I thought that EL & VB can go do something to themselves. The few items I was interested in are now (in my mind) too expensive for a brand that I've never been particularly invested in. I'm fine with walking away from this collection but damn, I wanted that double-ended eye liner pencil Saphir/Vanille. At $49cdn? Hard no.

Isn't it!?! I just saw that and my jaw dropped. Never mind the lipsticks being 65 dollars now! Yikes! Too much. Thank goodness we bought modern mercury when we did!

lipstickaddict

My things came! I love the Blonde Gold Eye Foil (it's the only thing I've applied so far lol) it's super super glittery, but it's definitely best applied with a finger. It like doesn't stick to a brush, it's bizarre lol. The duos are super soft and creamy, but the quad is a little harder to swatch, the shadows are drier and lean more sheer formula-wise. I have a feeling it will apply just fine but it's the type of formula that just doesn't swatch opaquely

Here's my swatches

View attachment 61169

View attachment 61170

View attachment 61172

View attachment 61171

It's wierd, but I've been noticing in pics online that the blonde eye foil has a gold lid, but I much prefer the one you got with the black lid. I really hope mine looks like this. :)

Last edited:

Icecaramellatte

Hmmm weird because aren't the two single eyeshadows she talks about the ones from last year? And they were very well received then

I noticed that as well. I wonder if the display had that build up on it that some products get. I could see that happening with single shadows.

Icecaramellatte

^ Yes, I have Black Myrrh and Bitter Clove from the first launch and I love them! Black Myrrh is super pigmented

I didn't think Sephora would have this for some reason, I just ordered from the EL website this morning. Sephora gets new Too Faced and UD etc. collections launch day but usually for higher end brands it seems like they take longer so I'm surprised. I wish I ordered from them or Nordstrom but my "I'm afraid it will sell out" brain shopping as soon as I woke up thought EL website only lol
Nordstrom has this?? Oh man, I'm seriously tempted to cancel my BG appointment and just order from Nordstrom.

r0mini0n

I got in touch with the Customer service department of Net-A-Porter to inform when the collection would go up as they sold the two previous launches, and this is what they responded

"we are unable to confirm if we will stock the Victoria Beckham with Estée Lauder new collection. "

I'm hoping maybe that person just doesn't know about it since I was hoping to shop the collection with them as they had the two previous launches, and all the articles that have come out said they would stock starting September 1st

LiliV

It's wierd, but I've been noticing in pics online that the blonde eye foil has a gold lid, but I much prefer the one you got with the black lid. I really hope mine looks like this. :)

My lid is gold, the reflection in the picture just makes it look black! It's mirrored

r0mini0n

The thing that is most frustrating to me right now is that nobody seems to have any idea about the launch dates in Europe and internationally. Like, yes, it's super exclusive but apart from the VB site and UK and US EL site, it already seems readily available at some other UK and US vendors. Throw us a bone and just let us know the launch date in other countries, it's driving me mental. "We don't know" is not an acceptable answer.

missjulie

The thing that is most frustrating to me right now is that nobody seems to have any idea about the launch dates in Europe and internationally. Like, yes, it's super exclusive but apart from the VB site and UK and US EL site, it already seems readily available at some other UK and US vendors. Throw us a bone and just let us know the launch date in other countries, it's driving me mental. "We don't know" is not an acceptable answer.

Right. Back when the news were coming out of the second launch (was it later in winter, or springtime? not sure now) I called up the EL store here that first got the VB items from the initial collab. They said they will carry it now as well. I called them again a few days before the 1st of September, and now they said they have no information. So I just went ahead and ordered from Selfridges...

Is anyone getting that smudgy matte liner?

I was thinking of getting that, but I want to see swatches first. I'm not going to pay that price if it's patchy or just doesn't work well for some other reason.

awickedshape

Right. Back when the news were coming out of the second launch (was it later in winter, or springtime? not sure now) I called up the EL store here that first got the VB items from the initial collab. They said they will carry it now as well. I called them again a few days before the 1st of September, and now they said they have no information. So I just went ahead and ordered from Selfridges...

I was thinking of getting that, but I want to see swatches first. I'm not going to pay that price if it's patchy or just doesn't work well for some other reason.

Absolutely. I've only seen it in her video tutorial so far.