Ever Been on a Product "Kick?"

purrtykitty

I'm on a total nail polish kick right now. It's sickening, really, how many bottles of polish I've amassed these last few months.

LittleMaryJane

Right now I've been going nuts with buying nail polish.

I'm also buying a lot of eyeshadow and blush.

I'm just starting to really expand my collection so I'm kinda going in all directions
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

I do this with specific products or brands. Right now, I'd say I'm on a nail polish kick. Who knows what will be next? hehe
winks.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viviana
Happens to me also...right now its blushes, even though already own millions, maybe its a psicological thing...well, makes me happy, its all i need to know

I think that is it.
Though I'm a mature, rational, intelligent woman who knows very well that cosmetics are not going to solve all of my problems, and make me truly happy, every once in a while I get enough of a "buzz" to keep me buying.
For example, just last week, when my MAC Trimmed in Pink lip pencil and my Cherry Electric Superglass arrived on the same day, they were so beautiful and I loved them so much that it literally made my day.
I have to admit, that does feel good.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
(now trying to do gloss out 2010 to finish up everything

th_worship.gif

You're a better woman than I!
I can't imagine going an entire year without buying a specific type of product!

LMD84

with me it's always pigments! one day i would love to own every single pigment that mac have ever made! which is crazy but it's a goal!

i also go in and out of nail varnish hauls! one month i'll buy 30... the next i won't get any... it's swings and round abouts with polish!

HOTasFCUK

^Oh yeah i went on a pigment binge a few years ago! First i never liked them and refused to buy into the hype but then i tried melon and tan and was hooked. I have over 40+ full size pigments now!

phatkat

Yes totally!! I get into these "kicks" .. First it was eyeshadows(singles & palettes) I have so much!! I finally made myself realize I will never be able to use them all(my sister also kept reminding me of that too) so then I went on a lipstick "kick". Still on that, but then I got into a mascara "kick". Luckily those have to be replaced every 3 months or so, so I should be able to use up all the ones I've bought. Along with the lipstick "kick" was a lipgloss "kick". Now I'm getting a blush "kick" hehe. I love it all though
smiles.gif

oh yeah totally forgot about my nail polish "kick". I stopped getting my nails done and started collecting. Now I wanna get my nails done but I have soo many polishes that I'm kinda sad I won't be using them.. So I'm still undecided ?? Aargh :-/

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
^Oh yeah i went on a pigment binge a few years ago! First i never liked them and refused to buy into the hype but then i tried melon and tan and was hooked. I have over 40+ full size pigments now!

When I first got into MAC, I saw lots of mentions on Makeup Alley of "pigments," "pigments," "pigments," and thought, "What are pigments, and what can be so great about them?"
Then I was fortunate enough to score a full size Coco on eBay, and my doom was sealed.
Since then, I droolingly scour the early details on each upcoming collection, hoping that new pigments will be included.

foxxylatina07

Omg I'm so glad that I'm not alone in this. I think I have gone through more or less everything you guys have mentioned
th_LMAO.gif
Right now I'm going on a pigment kick. I managed to score Coco and Coco Beach pigment here and I love them. Oh and Sweet Sienna from GBNF program and Im in love. I have a feeling that Im going to use this up.
One thing I've learned though is not to get backups if Im not really going to use the product completely. Why does makeup have to be so addicting?
th_LMAO.gif

kissmypinkstar

Right now i'm on a nail polish kick, specifically Nubar polishes. I've ordered 7 this past week!

I'm also on a bit of a bath and body product kick and i've ordered quite a lot of handmade bath and body products on etsy recently.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07
One thing I've learned though is not to get backups if Im not really going to use the product completely.

You're a stronger woman than I!
th_worship.gif

I'm not proud of this, but I buy backups even when I know deep down inside that I'll probably never completely use up a product.
Having a backup just gives me an extra feeling of security.
blush-anim-cl.gif
th_dunno.gif

And HOW in the world did you score a Coco?
icon_eek.gif

Senoj

Yes! I feel the same way. It was eyeshadows, then blushes, then glosses and now brushes. It's about to be eyeshadows again.
thmbup.gif

Camnagem

Wait......

Does this mean it's not normal to be on a "kick" for everything all at once, all the time?

Damn.
lol.gif
th_crazy.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

Luiza_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
Wait......

Does this mean it's not normal to be on a "kick" for everything all at once, all the time?

Damn.
lol.gif
th_crazy.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif

lol.gif

Same here.

Latest posts