Ever Been on a Product "Kick?"

foxxylatina07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
You're a stronger woman than I!
th_worship.gif

I'm not proud of this, but I buy backups even when I know deep down inside that I'll probably never completely use up a product.
Having a backup just gives me an extra feeling of security.
blush-anim-cl.gif
th_dunno.gif

And HOW in the world did you score a Coco?
icon_eek.gif

Hahaha yeah well I learned the hard way about getting backups so.....yeah
th_LMAO.gif

I was looking through the clearance bin and I guess I got lucky
th_DANCE.gif
It's such a beautiful pigment
drools.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07
I guess I got lucky
th_DANCE.gif
It's such a beautiful pigment
drools.gif

Wow! You got beyond lucky!
icon_eek.gif

That's more like "touched by God."
lol.gif

I'm sure you realize that you could have sold that little jar on eBay for about a zillion times more than retail.

tacobelle88

OMG YES!!!! it started off with eyeshadows to pigments to nailpolish to lipsticks to glosses and now currently blushes.

yes i think i am a makeup addict but my weakness is colour...i have a tendency to collect colours it even spans to pencils, paints and pens lol

YLQ

Why yes, yes I have.

Feb & March - lipstick
April - lipgloss
May - blush & mascara
June - mascara & eyeshadow

Now, if I actually wore makeup often, it wouldn't seem so bad, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn a full face this year, soooo yeah.

Lady_Danger

Ah yes! Last month I was on a complete nail polish kick and now I'm on a MAC eyeshadow kick. And I think I'm pretty much on a permanent pink lipstick kick
smiles.gif

thiscarmen

Blush for sure! Haha. I've also been on a lipstick/lipgloss kick too.

Like, I want to get one in every colour that would work for me. Nudes, brights, anything!

It's horrible! LOL.

elektra513

Ah, yes. I am finishing up a huuuuuge nail polish binge (tripled my stash in 2-3 months), then moved to eyeshadow (thanks to Dare to Wear and In the Groove), and I think lipstick/lip gloss is next (in search of the perfect red). I need to chill out completely because it's getting old, but I do love the chase of finding an awesome new product. I just never realized until recently that I don't enjoy them as much when I get them. So I need to focus on using what I have, b/c it's all so pretty. I also used to have hair products in this rotation, but I thankfully quit that habit (no more room, lol)

franken_stein

Yeaaaaahh... I have tiny, almost invisible eyelashes and last year I discovered that I really could use mascara to make them visible, haha! So I started buying a TON. I don't... even know why. I bought this huge pack of sample size mascaras from Sephora, and actually, it did help me figure out which ones I liked and didn't like, but honestly, in the end it was probably a waste of money.

Recently I think I developed a bit of an eye infection. I didn't know what it was until I figured out it was probably the fact that I've been using the same mascara for way too long. It was my favorite one out of that pack I bought, and since I mostly used that one while still trying the others here and there, it lasted me a LONG time. When I finally figured out it was probably giving me the irritated eye... I threw it out.

I have since decided that drugstore brand mascara is A-okay and works just as fine for me as the high-end stuff. I will probably just be getting those from now on so I can spend the big bucks on other products. I now love mascara but am totally over that big "kick" I had. I'm glad, haha. My wallet will be happy to know that I'm over it.

coppertone

I do this all the time - I've gone through phases with cream blushes, peach lipsticks & nail polishes, plum eyeliners...

I tell myself that they're all so close in colour it doesn't matter, but let's be honest. It totally does.

bellaboomboom

For me, it's lipgloss. I can't get enough and I do use them everyday! Right now I am obsessed with the Dare to Wear lip glass and just ordered back-ups. I love these so much, I don't want to be without them! They are my fav MAC gloss.
mac_lglass.gif

gsbn

Totally! First it was eyeshadows, now I have moved on to blushes (and soon pigments) *sigh*
msf_addict.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbn
Totally! First it was eyeshadows, now I have moved on to blushes (and soon pigments) *sigh*
msf_addict.gif

I was on a blush kick last year, and amassed 20.
Then it was eyeshadow, until very recently, when I go into lip glosses.
That's really kind of weird, because I'm more of a lipstick woman.
It may have been Dihi Pops that triggered it; new Dazzleglasses are more than I can resist!
Before that, Superglass made me susceptible, even though I didn't care that much for them.

Fiberluver

For me it's 3 things:

Brushes
MSF's (I have 8 to go) and
Pink lippies.

I am still!! trying to duplicate my beloved Rizzo.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppertone
I tell myself that they're all so close in colour it doesn't matter, but let's be honest. It totally does.

It really does.
It's diabolical, but I find that discovering and applying a product that's juuust the riiiight shade of pink, plum, mauve, etc. will make my entire face light up, and that feeds the addiction.
For example, just yesterday I had lunch with a friend whom I hadn't seen in a while, a friend who is not into makeup at all, and who is bored by the subject.
She took one look at me, and remarked, "You look really good, Carla!"
After I recovered my wits, I thought, "It's happened again; it's this blush!"
I was wearing Tippy, a Beauty Powder blush from the Hello Kitty collection.
Every time I wear that blush, I get compliments on how good I look, what pretty skin I have, etc.
But I digress.
My point is, that sort of experience can really fuel future "product kicks," because you're always thinking, "Yeah, I've got plenty of eyeshadows/blushes/lipglosses, etc., and some of them are similar to each other in color, but this one might be best of all!"
Like I said, it's diabolical.
graucho.gif

Latest posts