FAFI Collection...w0c friendly?

damsel

i've seen quite a few things that i like such as: sugar trance l/g, cash flow & perky paint pots, and sassed up iridescent pressed powder. some of the other color descriptions do sound like they could work well with WoC but i would have to see and test them myself.

so, yes. i do think there are some things in the collection that could be friendly to WoC. i'm not too sure about some of the lipglasses(sticks) and blushes though. they appear too bright, but that could just be my own bias (i'm not too fond of bright/really dark colors). additionally, some of the colors in the eyeshadow quads seem a little too pastel...

DominicanBarbie

I think the brighter the better for woc! It shows up on our skin great we can always use the 187 to calm down the bright face powders.I think this collection looks very woc friendly.

Janice

When I saw the first images of Fafi the first thing that struck me about the collection is how WoC friendly it is. Sometimes I wonder how much MAC listens here...
winks.gif

metalkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
so, yes. i do think there are some things in the collection that could be friendly to WoC. i'm not too sure about some of the lipglasses(sticks) and blushes though. they appear too bright, but that could just be my own bias (i'm not too fond of bright/really dark colors). additionally, some of the colors in the eyeshadow quads seem a little too pastel...

I noticed that the lipsticks are all Lustres and Glazes so I think they should work for most people, though I was hoping for a couple frosts...

lilMAClady

I agree with DomincanBarbie! I think saturated colors are perfect for Women Of Color. Pastels aren't our enemy if you choose and apply wisely. I personally am over the moon for this collection and already know what I'm getting. I adore bold lips and cheeks (and eyes lol), so this is right up my alley!
yahoo.gif

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty
I noticed that the lipsticks are all Lustres and Glazes so I think they should work for most people, though I was hoping for a couple frosts...

i just realized that too.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0o_r0qish
With the new FAFI collection commin out, do you think it will be friendly to us w0c?

I think most of the collection looks WoC friendly, not necessarily the blushes though.

priss

I think fafi will definitely be WoC friendly!!! probably one of the more WoC friendly launches we've seen in a while. The colors are bright enough for a beautiful spring face and we can layer them over some of the more intense cream color bases for amplified summer looks!

i especially want to see Woc's use the iridescent powders and the blushes as under eye highlight colors.

i am super excited for a purple paint pot. i have a mental list of shadows i cant wait to layer over that product.

im going to calm down about fafi now. i was just as gaga over last year's valentines launch- barbie- and was so disappointed when it came out. i cant take another let down.

one complaint- if i see another quad use vanilla as the brow highlight color im going to scream. surely we can start a movement or letter writing campaign or something.

captodometer

It's probably not as egregiously bad as Strange Hybrid and Balloonacy, but I don't see this collection as being particularly WoC friendly.

It's probably going to be fine for some of the lighter WoC's, but pastel is death on me if it even shows up at all. We're talking seriously ashy if not completely invisible. No one in my immediate family would be able to wear most of the stuff in this collection without looking ill or washed out.

In addition to being pastel, this collection looks like it leans heavily toward the cool colors. So not good for someone like me, NC50 with strong yellow-orange undertones. I can sometimes pull off cool and dark, but cool and pastel = double death!

lilchocolatema

I truly believe that this collection will have tons of staple products for the Spring. I always take advantage of collections like this, especially those amazing lipglass and lipsticks!!!
drools.gif
The blushes are absolutely adorable, maybe not all over the cheek, but definitely on the apple. I have to play with them first to find out. You know how it goes, they also say we can't wear Dollymix, but it's absolutely HOT on brown skin!!! Especially if you use Ambering Rose on the apply and along the cheekbone and Dollymix on the apple. Yum!!!

The quads contain very light colors, so you probably won't need to pack the shadows on, just add a wash of color on the lid. I believe any of these colors will look AMAZING with a Mineralized Skin Finish Natural Powder in your crease. This is so amazing, its the perfect crease color! I use deep dark.

The paint pots will definitely be mine, probably all of them. Bases are so important, and if you are into color like me, you gotta have em! Plus, my blue boy and infamous paints from back in the day are running out!
angry.gif
Of course, you can use painterly or groundwork and put any shadow or pigment over them, but honestly, colorful bases are so much more fun!!

I'm an NC50, and from the looks of the pics and the descriptions, I'll be wearing this collection for Spring, Summer and beyond!!!!!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Tashona Helena

I think this collection is pretty WOC friendly...however, the blushes...I'm not so sure about. I tried a light blush at the MAC counter before and it just would not show up at all, so I agree with Twinkle.

I myself am considering one of the palettes, possibly the cashflow paint pot, and one of the lipsticks/glosses.

kyoto

So far I have Cash Flow, Perky, and Sassed Up Iridescent powder and have to say they are all beautiful. Sassed up is perfect as a highlighter. I'll try to swatch them on my skin and put on here tonight. I've never uploaded any pictures on here before, so bear with me.

Lip_gloss_whore

I think this colection is very WOC friendly.... Even though I'm a little on the lighter side, I believe this collection will also flatter WOC with darker skin tones. I have been luckly to preview this collection in person at my local MAC store and I think it would be beautiful on most WOC.

ARmakeupjunkie

I have to say that I think this collection will work for some but not for everyone whether it be personal taste or skintone. I was hoping it would be a really great collection because I love bright colors on my lips and cheeks but after reading the color description, I am not so sure. I won't get a chance to check this collection out in person, I will have to order on-line so, I can only go by pictures and swatches. I don't like a lipstick that I have to apply several times just to get the color I see in the tubes and the color descriptions sound similiar to other colors I have tried that I know don't look good on me. I would like to have one of the dolls but other than that, I don't think I will purchase very much if at all.

MsCocoa

At first I wasn't so sure, but now I'm thinking it could just be the photos and I have to wait till I see them in person; there are so many products that look scary in the pan that end up looking great on.

chocolategoddes

from what i know it seems to be a nice line that I'd be interested in. The colors are bright and though a lot of WoC tend to shy away from the BRIGHT colors, shades like that look awesome on deeper skin tones. I do admit, a few of the things look a bit pastel-y, everything else is very pretty.

MacArtistFauryn

Hey Ladies! I did a tuturial with the FAFI collection....for those of you who were wondering if we'd be able to wear the collection...

While the eye quad I have is kinda uneventful the packaging is really cute... and I LOVE the blush "Fashion Frenzy" the gloss is kinda cute too...

Fafi tuturial

Be kind...this is the first tuturial I recorded - and I got a bit chatty so I had to edit pretty heavily.... other than that...

Enjoy!

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArtistFauryn
Hey Ladies! I did a tuturial with the FAFI collection....for those of you who were wondering if we'd be able to wear the collection...

While the eye quad I have is kinda uneventful the packaging is really cute... and I LOVE the blush "Fashion Frenzy" the gloss is kinda cute too...

Fafi tuturial

Be kind...this is the first tuturial I recorded - and I got a bit chatty so I had to edit pretty heavily.... other than that...

Enjoy!

You look GREAT! I'm so happy that the blush isn't frosty!
thmbup.gif