FAFI Collection...w0c friendly?

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArtistFauryn
Hey... as promsied I did a tuturial using the Fafi Eyes2 quad - this is for those of you who were curious/skeptical about the colors...

This is my FAVORITE!!! Don't sleep. Take a look - all the colors are very wearable!
enjoy!

Fafi Eyes 2 tuturial

Just saw the tut. Great.

ARmakeupjunkie

I have to admit that I purchased more then I thought I would and there are still a few things I would like to get. I believe I have walked away with more from this collection then I did with Barbie Loves MAC.

Tashona Helena

Okay so I finally got to go today...i only got Cash Flow PP, Squeeze It l/g and Strawbaby l/s. I know...playing it safe on the lip colors. I would like to have more time to play with them because I already have sooooooo much lipglosses from victorias secret, and I'm in absolute lust with my one Hollister lipgloss so I'm really undecided. I really like Fun N' Sexy, and especially the purple one (can't think of it right now) but When I swatched them on me I didn't like it that much. :-/ I'm not a big fan of pink but I really wanted the purple one initially but the duochrome seemed like too much.

And I loved the second quad in person...I know I want to get that. I liked Fashion Frenzy online but when I swatched it all I could think about is how much I'll look like even more of a doll (these girls used to call me Bratz doll!) so I passed.

The MUA and I were talking about how excited we were for Heatherette. I love Fafi and I was so excited when I heard the news. I remember reading about her in Elle Girl when I was in high school and wishing we could have female graffiti artists around here like her. LOL we probably do I'm just a little Delawarean girl all sheltered. But yeah, that's my story guys. For reference, I'm about a NW45...N6 for sure.

Oh yeah...forgot to say...the Rolllickin' PP...is hot! Another thing from this collection I wouldn't mind having. She swayed me to get Cash Flow because it goes with alot more. I guess it means alot that Cash Flow was on my mind more, especially because there was no tester out for it because she said it kept getting stolen.

MAC_Pixie04

The eye quads didn't excite me, but I think I will go back for one of the blushes (The coral/peach one..)

I got Totally It! and Squeeze It lipglasses, both are gorgeous. Squeeze It has more color than most of the lipglasses I've gotten in similar colors, and it almost stained a little so I had color all day.

I tried one Totally It with Fuschia lip pencil, Girl About Town lipstick and topped those off with the gloss...it was WHOA hot pink. Super exciting!

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
which ipp did you guys get I'm on the fence

nc50

Those powders seem like glitter bombs to me, I just stayed away! haha

However I went back to MAC today and had a change of heart about flash n' dash. I also got High Top, it's different but I don't know when I'll ever wear it. I got the other blush Hipness as well and Totally It!

brownsuga lady

I have Sugar Trance (soooo pretty) and Cult Fave lipglass. I got Cash Flow and Girl Friendly paint pots (love them both) and Verve-acious iridescent powder (I'm going to use this as a subtle highlight/shimmer touch in the spring and summer)...if you overdo it, it can look a little TOO sparkly. Oh and I got those little Fafinette dolls too.
thmbup.gif

All WOC friendly. Don't be afraid of color ladies!

DominicanBarbie

I ended up with fafi eyes 1, sugar trance which I love, fashion frenzy, and sassed up ipp.I love it all! The best to me is the lipgloss and the eye quad. The blush is beautiful too. Makes me look very doll like.I want to take pics of swatches but my camera is nowhere to be found.I didn't get much because I'm saving for heatherette

Loveleighe

lilchocolatema thanks so much for that tutorial. I was having trouble deciding on whether or not to get the blushes and the MA outright said it neither would look good on me... as they usually do, so i was skeptical but seeing how they look on darker tones, i think i will get it. I swear i never noticed it before but i always get recs for the same 4 colors and anything outside of that spectrum isn't going to look good on dark skin. i refuse to believe that out of 185 shadows and over 100 something lip products that you can only say for sure that amberlights and ricepaper are good for me with chestnut l/p and beaux l/g. grr sorry OT

also thank you to fauryn because i am going back and forth between the quads and after your video i decided i could wear both well.

Tashona Helena

^ wtf? Is there another counter you can go to? That's ridiculous, even with the small city that I go to the MUAs seem to have a lot more respect and recognize the broad range of colors that can look good on a woman of color. It's a good thing you have specktra.
smiles.gif

lovely333

I agree how rude and closed minded can you be maybe you need to go to a
different store or purchase online. She is supposed to be a professional is she crazy
angry.gif

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveleighe
lilchocolatema thanks so much for that tutorial. I was having trouble deciding on whether or not to get the blushes and the MA outright said it neither would look good on me... as they usually do, so i was skeptical but seeing how they look on darker tones, i think i will get it. I swear i never noticed it before but i always get recs for the same 4 colors and anything outside of that spectrum isn't going to look good on dark skin. i refuse to believe that out of 185 shadows and over 100 something lip products that you can only say for sure that amberlights and ricepaper are good for me with chestnut l/p and beaux l/g. grr sorry OT

also thank you to fauryn because i am going back and forth between the quads and after your video i decided i could wear both well.

Girl, we have many threads on this. Many of us have experienced it, actually. I was kinda peeved when I recently bought 3N from a freestanding store. The guy informed me that it was the last one and then he suggested Chestnut l/l to go with it because he feared it "wouldn't look right since it's so pink". I informed him that I already had Hue and I like the way it looks. I'm really not even a lipliner wearer, but he did tell me the benefits of them. I just couldn't believe---AGAIN---that I was suggested to buy a brown liner with a BIG ASS pink lipstick!

Loveleighe

Yea i know i don't want to change the topic of the thread but it really bothers me all of the MAs are really sweet there but there isn't a WOC on the counter (even though sometimes they are guilty of doing it to) and i am frequently discouraged from buying products i think i'd like. I have such a hard time now deciding on what to buy... ugh i hate buying online bcus i like interacting with the MA's and i like to have my stuff right when i pay for it. I guess i'll have to go elsewhere.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveleighe
Yea i know i don't want to change the topic of the thread but it really bothers me all of the MAs are really sweet there but there isn't a WOC on the counter (even though sometimes they are guilty of doing it to) and i am frequently discouraged from buying products i think i'd like. I have such a hard time now deciding on what to buy... ugh i hate buying online bcus i like interacting with the MA's and i like to have my stuff right when i pay for it. I guess i'll have to go elsewhere.

Definitely go elsewhere. That type of service is not normal (i'm hoping its not). I'm happy to say that I've never been discouraged from buying or trying anything at a MAC store or counter. Many times, I've been encouraged to try a daring shade just to see if I like it. And when I'm eyeballing something I'm unsure about I always get a "Would you like me to try it on you?". That's how things are supposed to be. I'm all for color suggestions and recommendations from the MA but I would definitely go elsewhere or consult another MA if I felt they were keeping me in some sort of "brown/chocolate girl" box. Feel me?
nonono.gif

MiCHiE

Well, all I can really say is BOOKMARK SPECKTRA. Seriously, I think any MUA that knows anything is registered here. And, thanks to the FOTDs, Tutorials and Swatches, I've gotten ideas of what I want when I go to the counters.

AppleDiva

Michie, you are spot on.

When I saw your FAFI FOTD, Fauryn's and LittleChocolatema's Video tuts, I wanted to run out and get all of FAFI, but I am trying to be good. I may get some paint pots b.c one can never have enough p/p.

I stopped asking if MAC colors are WOC-friendly because I know there are women of color who know how to make any color work, which in turn, helps me select items I want to purchase. Thanks to Specktra for that!

On the flipside, I have too many friends that I have to fight with about expanding their "eye shadow color coast." If it is not brown or bronze, they cannot even envision it. (I know there is another thread out there regarding this issue.)

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
Michie, you are spot on.

When I saw your FAFI FOTD, Fauryn's and LittleChocolatema's Video tuts, I wanted to run out and get all of FAFI, but I am trying to be good. I may get some paint pots b.c one can never have enough p/p.

I stopped asking if MAC colors are WOC-friendly because I know there are women of color who know how to make any color work, which in turn, helps me select items I want to purchase. Thanks to Specktra for that!

On the flipside, I have too many friends that I have to fight with about expanding their "eye shadow color coast." If it is not brown or bronze, they cannot even envision it. (I know there is another thread out there regarding this issue.)

Preach!

The women of Specktra need to live in one city. We're the only ones who understand each other.

MacObsessed

I got all 4 dolls plus one extra monika

Paint pots.
Perky
Nice Vice

Lippies
Strawbaby
Not so Innocent
Flash n dash (scared of it now)
High Top
Utterly Frivoulous
Fun n sexy

Lipglosses
Tottally It
Cult fave
Sugar Trance
Squeeze it

Blush

Hippness
Fashion Frenzy

IPP
Belightful..but it was night when I got it so in the daylight I hate it so trade-ing that for Sassed up

I didnt care for the eye quads, or the white eye liner,
I did get a lil makeup bag. it cute, I didnt get the scarf but coulda woulda shoulda all sold out now.