FAFI Collection...w0c friendly?

kyoto

Great job, and everything looks pretty on you. I was going to skip that blush, but it looks so pretty on, I've changed my mind.

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArtistFauryn
Hey Ladies! I did a tuturial with the FAFI collection....for those of you who were wondering if we'd be able to wear the collection...

While the eye quad I have is kinda uneventful the packaging is really cute... and I LOVE the blush "Fashion Frenzy" the gloss is kinda cute too...

Fafi tuturial

Be kind...this is the first tuturial I recorded - and I got a bit chatty so I had to edit pretty heavily.... other than that...

Enjoy!

Wow that was great! The makeup looked really good and you are just beautiful. Love your hair so much! I can't wait to try these colours out for myself. Thanks for giving us a little taste of Fafi
smiles.gif

Quote:
Hey Ladies! I did a tuturial with the FAFI collection....for those of you who were wondering if we'd be able to wear the collection...

While the eye quad I have is kinda uneventful the packaging is really cute... and I LOVE the blush "Fashion Frenzy" the gloss is kinda cute too...

Fafi tuturial

Be kind...this is the first tuturial I recorded - and I got a bit chatty so I had to edit pretty heavily.... other than that...

Enjoy!

Loved the tut!
thmbup.gif
Can't wait for fafi !

Perple1

This is wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I wasn't sure how these products would look on me, but now I have an idea!
You're truly gorgeous, BTW!

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:

Fafi tuturial

Enjoy!

This is great!! Thank you. And your tutorial basically helped me confirm that I'm getting the Fafi eyes 1 pallette. And I recognize you from NP.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I really enjoyed your Tut and you have given me hope about the Fafi blushes. Also, your locks are gorgeous!

Quote:

Fafi tuturial

Enjoy!

lilchocolatema

Okay, so I checked out the Fafi collection yesterday at the Pro Store. Here's a brief summary...

Eye Shadow Quads-the colors are very light and springy, they are the type of colors that are going to show up sheer, and you will need a shade stick or another colorful base if you want a big pop! But, they are a great range of spring colors/summer colors.

Pain Pots-I'm a freak for bases. So, I think I will buy four or five of them including Nice Vice, Rollickin' Perky and Cash Flow. They show up well, and they will be awesome to wear by themselves.

Lipstick and Lipglass-These are so WOC friendly, full of color and life, I think I'm going to buy it ALL when I go back tomorrow! Fun N Sexy lipstick...OMG. It's pink with a purple iridescence, so the pink is on your lips but the purple shines through. Yikes, it was crazy. I created a bunch of swatches but they didn't show up very well.

Blush-Okay, these weren't all that. As much as I thought they would be dazzling, they were matte, and barely showed up on me when I swatched them on my hand. But, with a 129 brush on my cheek, maybe they will be more convincing.

Iridescent Powders-Hmm. Frosty as hell. Bright. I think there are other products out there that you already have that will do better things. I passed on them. I was walking around the store and I'm like, what is that shiny streak on the side of my hand? All three powders!! Yikes.

Nail Polishes- I don't do my nails, but I think that will change when I go back home. I will be buying both of these!!

In Conclusion, this is the perfect spring summer collection, you will be able to wear this all year around. The lip colors are so WOC friendly that I will be buying doubles of some. I can't remember what colors exactly, except for the one I mentioned. But, if I go back tomorrow, I will swatch in detail! Hope that helps!

MsButterfli

i was there yesterday too, woulda been cool to meet a Specktra-ette lol i think i may go pick up some more stuff tomorrow lol all i got was a doll, makeup bag and sugar trance. i dont know what to do, i already have vanilla and pink venus but kinda want the quad....sigh decisions decisions...

Artphr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I think most of the collection looks WoC friendly, not necessarily the blushes though.

nod.... i agree 100%

i do think the lipglosses will look AWESOME on dark pigmented lips.

SugarDaisy

I was contemplating getting an Iridescent Powder but I'm not sure now...thanks for all of the reviews

MsCuppyCakes

I plan on getting:
Fun N' Sexy and Not so Innocent lipsticks, Cult Fave and Totally It lipglasses, Layin Low, Cash Flow, Perky and Rollickin paint pots, Hipness and Fashion Frenzy blushes and Sassed up and Verve-Acious iridescent powders.

quinntastic

I think MAC knows they have clients that are from all walks of life and they would never put out a collection that didn't have something flattering in it for everybody.

I'm excited for Fafi. I'm picking up a few things at the event next weekend.

CellyCell

They are. I'm tempted to buy them all but only bought a few yesterday - and I'm not a lip person, but I'm definitely going back and purchases more of their lipgloss and lipsticks.
I'm NC44/45 for reference

Lip Products - I really love them all. I'm scared to try Fun N Sexy because of the neon-ess of it. But it's still a pretty cool. Totally fine for WOC.

Quads - I would've loved them if they didn't appear so sheer on me and I'm not much for shimmery eyeshadows so I wasn't too impressed with them. But it's preference - I have a feeling the quad with the green in it will sale out quickly.

Blush - They're both very pretty and I think since Hipness is leaning towards more of peachy color, which works nicer on darker complexions, it might be more suitable. But Fashion Frenzy is really pretty and but bright - it will most definitely pop if applied even with a light hand.

Irridescent Powders - Meh. I swatch 2 of them and was already put off but how ashy it made me look and plus all the shimmer. I hate shimmer on my cheeks - if you like the subtleness of MSF then you won't like these powders. I really did not see a difference in color between Belightful & Verve-vacious. I actually asked the MA if he showed me two of the same things and he said no...

Paint Pots - Love! I was so torn and which one to buy. Cash Flow is a pretty gold with a hint of green...love! I'd pass on Perky and maybe girl friendly because it looks similar to other paint pots - I guess it goes the same for Rockin' but Rockin' is leaning towards more of the aqua side. Similar to Aquadisiac, I suppose.

Oh, and I bought the scarf - so cute! Get it while you can!

bluebird08

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Okay, so I checked out the Fafi collection yesterday at the Pro Store. Here's a brief summary...

Eye Shadow Quads-the colors are very light and springy, they are the type of colors that are going to show up sheer, and you will need a shade stick or another colorful base if you want a big pop! But, they are a great range of spring colors/summer colors.

Pain Pots-I'm a freak for bases. So, I think I will buy four or five of them including Nice Vice, Rollickin' Perky and Cash Flow. They show up well, and they will be awesome to wear by themselves.

Lipstick and Lipglass-These are so WOC friendly, full of color and life, I think I'm going to buy it ALL when I go back tomorrow! Fun N Sexy lipstick...OMG. It's pink with a purple iridescence, so the pink is on your lips but the purple shines through. Yikes, it was crazy. I created a bunch of swatches but they didn't show up very well.

Blush-Okay, these weren't all that. As much as I thought they would be dazzling, they were matte, and barely showed up on me when I swatched them on my hand. But, with a 129 brush on my cheek, maybe they will be more convincing.

Iridescent Powders-Hmm. Frosty as hell. Bright. I think there are other products out there that you already have that will do better things. I passed on them. I was walking around the store and I'm like, what is that shiny streak on the side of my hand? All three powders!! Yikes.

Nail Polishes- I don't do my nails, but I think that will change when I go back home. I will be buying both of these!!

In Conclusion, this is the perfect spring summer collection, you will be able to wear this all year around. The lip colors are so WOC friendly that I will be buying doubles of some. I can't remember what colors exactly, except for the one I mentioned. But, if I go back tomorrow, I will swatch in detail! Hope that helps!

I agree,
I went today to pick up Fafi and I didn't too much care for the Fafi 2 e/s quad it was very sheer and I wasn't really feeling the colors that much in person...I did get Fafi 1 though, it was more my speed.

I loved the Paint pots-I picked up Perky but I am going back for more!!!

I didn't like Fashion Frenzy Blush- ummm too pink
I picked up Hipness-Kind of orange but I can make it work!

"The Cult Fave"-washed me out
ssad.gif

"Totally It" is WOC friendly but it didn't do a thing for me
ssad.gif

I picked up Sugar Trance!

The Iridescent powders were a H.A.M. left those at the counter!!!

I didn't have time to try on the lipsticks but the one you are talking about (pink/purple) looked really cute. Will try on at a later date!

MiCHiE

I'm so happy to see others getting FE1 Quad (because I ordered that one, too). I've been in a neutral mood lately. FE2 just looked like something I could put together with shadows I have, but would never wear together, KWIM?

AfricanaEyes

I purchased Fafi Eyes 1 and just did a look and ehhh.....a bit frosty for me. I'm not terribly satisfied but I'm going to hang on and play with it another time. That Vanilla e/s is a joke. Vanilla pigment is a much better highlight.

Squeeze It Lipglass, however.....absolutely beautiful when paired with Chestnut (I know, I know, lol) lip liner.

I'm definitely going back for some Paint Pots. I thought I'd be extremely excited about Fafi but I think it was the packaging that got me.

*I posted Fafi Eyes 1 swatches under Fafi Swatches. I'm NW45.