Fake Seller Kate.ritchie

look_divine

this seller sodl me fake items, opened a dispute with paypal, stated that the items didnt have the box anymore as i thought they were genuine

3 days later i get this email
Hi, hopefully you havn't sent the unboxed items back yet because you are wasting your time and money as I have been advised by paypal/ebay to let you know that you will not be getting a refund from me due to the fact that you are not returning the items in their original packaging, my items are great, I will not be bullied by anyone, I know where you live and I live in London get me so that should say it all. Byee

What yas think am i not able to get a refund coz the boxes have been thrown away?

elegant-one

"I will not be bullied by anyone, I know where you live and I live in London get me so that should say it all. Byee"

Wow...that definitely sounds like a threat to me! You may want to send this response back to ebay/paypal

panda0410

I agree - forward the email to paypal and continue the dispute. You can return items to stores for refund if they are faulty without original packaging, so you can return these too!

look_divine

horrendous!!!

I emailed her to tell her they were fake and she was so apologetic, jsut asked me to return etc
I then emailed her stating i no longer had the boxes and she never replied
so i left a message in the paypal dispute stating this
ssad.gif

i already forwarded to paypal, how do i send to ebay anyone know?
i think its just me, first closetmustgo now this one
ssad.gif

paypal want proof the ones off closetmustgo are fake, will mac give me written confirmation?

elegant-one

There really seems to be such an growing number of fakes in all areas on ebay. It's so bad that I'm just buying straight from the store or mac other than maybe 2 very very reliable sellers. Its just not worth it.

I saw this woman on the news who purchase bad/fake drugs (ingredients coming from china) off of the internet - her throat looked like she swallowed a ball! Just not worth a few bucks imo any more

Hi, I bought them end of Jan, 33 in total, I had yoghurt, creme de violet, honeylust, soba, sattelite dreams, freshwater, sumptuous olive, budding beauty, mulch, stars'n,rockets, dazzlelight.

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
horrendous!!!

I emailed her to tell her they were fake and she was so apologetic, jsut asked me to return etc
I then emailed her stating i no longer had the boxes and she never replied
so i left a message in the paypal dispute stating this
ssad.gif

i already forwarded to paypal, how do i send to ebay anyone know?
i think its just me, first closetmustgo now this one
ssad.gif

paypal want proof the ones off closetmustgo are fake, will mac give me written confirmation?

If she emailed you through ebay's own messaging system then there is a report button on the message you receive. If she's sent a regular email then I'm not sure how you go about it.

It certainly sounds like a threat
ssad.gif
although it's probably because she feels cornered, and she most likely wouldn't really do anything. I take it you are in the UK, too?

When I bought some fakes last year, the ones with funnels in, I contacted MAC (I think I emailed them in the first instance) and they agreed for me to send the jars of pigment in and they issued me with a letter confirming that they were of non-MAC manufacture. They also retained the pigments for further investigation, with my permission, and stated this in the letter. This way I didn't have to send the goods back to the seller either.

You could try contacting Trading Standards instead, and if you can persuade them to have a look they can take the pigments and issue you with a receipt stating that the goods are fake. In my particular case, though, they took their time getting back to me, and the deadline for my PayPal claim was getting close, so I went through MAC instead.

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
If she emailed you through ebay's own messaging system then there is a report button on the message you receive. If she's sent a regular email then I'm not sure how you go about it.

It certainly sounds like a threat
ssad.gif
although it's probably because she feels cornered, and she most likely wouldn't really do anything. I take it you are in the UK, too?

When I bought some fakes last year, the ones with funnels in, I contacted MAC (I think I emailed them in the first instance) and they agreed for me to send the jars of pigment in and they issued me with a letter confirming that they were of non-MAC manufacture. They also retained the pigments for further investigation, with my permission, and stated this in the letter. This way I didn't have to send the goods back to the seller either.

You could try contacting Trading Standards instead, and if you can persuade them to have a look they can take the pigments and issue you with a receipt stating that the goods are fake. In my particular case, though, they took their time getting back to me, and the deadline for my PayPal claim was getting close, so I went through MAC instead.

no rockin she emailed me direct
Hve sent a copy of the header and body of email to ebay and paypal
have emailed mac without a response think i will try again
yes im in the uk way up north near newcastle upon tyne, and you?

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
no rockin she emailed me direct
Hve sent a copy of the header and body of email to ebay and paypal
have emailed mac without a response think i will try again
yes im in the uk way up north near newcastle upon tyne, and you?

I'm in Kent, the 'Garden of England'
smiles.gif

rockin

I quite like my little corner of England. I'm just not too keen on the weather we've been having lately LOL

No MAC stores anywhere near me, either
ssad.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagedivagodd
Hi, I bought them end of Jan, 33 in total, I had yoghurt, creme de violet, honeylust, soba, sattelite dreams, freshwater, sumptuous olive, budding beauty, mulch, stars'n,rockets, dazzlelight.

have you resold them on or do you still have them?
the otehr girls are the best for distinguishing fakes some one will ask for pics and tell you from them
smiles.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I quite like my little corner of England. I'm just not too keen on the weather we've been having lately LOL

No MAC stores anywhere near me, either
ssad.gif

weather been awful all over country is starting to snow here now WOOOHOOOO we never get snow lol

mac store 20 mins form me, if you ever want anything let me know i can pop up on a weekend for ya
smiles.gif

dunno where the nearest pro is mind will have to check the mac website out
smiles.gif

No I still have them. I was going to sell them but didn't get round to it. Luckily. Saw on the forum she was dodgy and emailed her today for a refund and she triumphantly told me I was too late to put in a claim. Thing is for some reason the option hasn't closed even though 45 days has passed. But I will have to state why I believe they are fake because to be honest they look alright. I'm a bit of a trek away from Birmingham (nearest store).

look_divine

Quote:
No I still have them. I was going to sell them but didn't get round to it. Luckily. Saw on the forum she was dodgy and emailed her today for a refund and she triumphantly told me I was too late to put in a claim. Thing is for some reason the option hasn't closed even though 45 days has passed. But I will have to state why I believe they are fake because to be honest they look alright. I'm a bit of a trek away from Birmingham (nearest store).

still open the dispute through paypal, you can email mac from there uk website and get there details so you can send off for them to be checked
smiles.gif

also go through ebay as well
do you have any mac store bought eye shadows to compare to?

wolfsong

Definitely report that message - shes threatening you and specifically mentioned that she knows where you live (obviously she has the address because she sent you something, but to bring this up shows what type of person she is - and although its likely to be an empty threat its still worrying).

I would send every bit of communication she sent you back to her via the paypal dispute centre messaging system (obviously saying what they are and giving dates/times). This way they have the communication that happened, even if they dont check it on ebay (ebay owns paypal).

Good luck with the disputes, and hopefully this piece of work will get her karma back threefold.

look_divine

Quote:
Thanks for your help.

your welcome, there is a detailed fake description on the main counterfeit page for fakes read that shows you pics to
smiles.gif