Fake Seller Kate.ritchie

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Definately report that message - shes threatening you and specifically mentioned that she knows where you live (obviously she has the address because she sent you something, but to bring this up shows what type of person she is - and although its likely to be an empty threat its still worrying).

I would send every bit of communication she sent you back to her via the paypal dispute centre messaging system (obviously saying what they are and giving dates/times). This way they have the communication that happened, even if they dont check it on ebay (ebay owns paypal).

Good luck with the disputes, and hopefully this piece of work will get her karma back threefold.

I have wolfsong, to paypal and ebay and followed up feedback to (coz i left pos) i left a follow up statign to be aware that they are fakes
hopefully someone if only one person might read it
smiles.gif

rockin

Well done for the follow-up feedback, look_devine.

I just hope that people bother to read feedback before bidding. I know I do, even when it appears to be all positive. Sellers' replies to negatives can tell you a lot about them, too.

Good luck with your dispute
smiles.gif

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagedivagodd
Hi, newbie here! I've bought eyeshadows from her. How do you know they are fakes? What is wrong about them?

Hiya - welcome to the mad house!
Have alook at the thread I started - there are 100's of photos (well I exaggerate a bit) - Es help with photos. I can't tell from the eyesdows it's just the blasted boxes that scream 'fake' at you.
If you can post photos the other girls will have a look for you
Cheers
Julie (now I'm definitely off to bed!)

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Have alook at the thread I started - there are 100's of photos (well I exaggerate a bit) - Es help with photos. I can't tell from the eyesdows it's just the blasted boxes that scream 'fake' at you.
Cheers

lol thats the 3rd tim eyou said you going to bed
smiles.gif

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Cheers

I agree - the boxes can sometimes be the very first clue that something's awry.

As for bed, I think that's where I should be heading, too. *Tuts at all us UK late-nighters for staying up so late LOL*

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I agree - the boxes can sometimes be the very first clue that something's awry.

As for bed, I think that's where I should be heading, too. *Tuts at all us UK late-nighters for staying up so late LOL*

oh no i got school run in morning to LOL
omg.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
Haha! I have insomnia and only need 4 hours a night anyways, so its A Okay to be English
winks.gif

yeah but i need my beauty sleep
then again why start now LOL
where in uk you from wolfsong?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
3 days later i get this email
Hi, hopefully you havn't sent the unboxed items back yet because you are wasting your time and money as I have been advised by paypal/ebay to let you know that you will not be getting a refund from me due to the fact that you are not returning the items in their original packaging, my items are great, I will not be bullied by anyone, I know where you live and I live in London get me so that should say it all. Byee

What a BITCH! Agreed with the posters here, send that message to eBay and Paypal just so they can see what she wrote to you.

IF indeed she was advised by eBay and Paypal, wouldn't they contact you as well to let you know about it? Awful. Just awful.

Guess what? She unknowingly lets the suppliers bully her into believing her items are authentic. So NOT authentic. Delusional woman.
angry.gif

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
What a BITCH! Agreed with the posters here, send that message to eBay and Paypal just so they can see what she wrote to you.

IF indeed she was advised by eBay and Paypal, wouldn't they contact you as well to let you know about it? Awful. Just awful.

Guess what? She unknowingly lets the suppliers bully her into believing her items are authentic. So NOT authentic. Delusional woman.
angry.gif

well i have received nothing from ebay or paypal but reported and got an email off ebay stating they investigating the email
smiles.gif

so we will see

Jade1012

Quote:
well i have received nothing from ebay or paypal but reported and got an email off ebay stating they investigating the email
smiles.gif

so we will see

might also want to stop by the authorities and show them a copy of the email for safeties sake. That was such an overt threat. She probably is just blowing steam out of her ass.. but nowadays you never can tell. Just don't respond to her in kind and if you do state in your return email that you have forwarded that threat email to EBAY and that the local authorities (cops, or bobbies?) have been made aware of her threats and that guess what?! they have her address now too!
busted.gif
don't let that ignorant ass bully you!

wolfsong

Quote:
yeah but i need my beauty sleep
then again why start now LOL
where in uk you from wolfsong?

Oh i missed this one last night!
About 2 hours from Birmingham on the train (basically the middle of nowhere!)

I agree with reporting it to the cops - it sounds a bit paranoid, but if she ever does anything (or if anything bad is sent to you in the post/something happens to your house) then its on record that she made a threat and there will be an obvious lead/motive.
Good luck, i hope ebay takes this seriously
yes.gif

ExquisiteImages

Usually when you open a PayPal dispute with the reason of a counterfeited item, PayPal will require to you to verify the item is counterfeited by getting a written letter from someone that works at the store, and in this case, a letter from an employee at MAC.

What I would do is have a pre-typed letter that includes the reasons why it's fake compared to the original one (that's only if you already compared your fake pigment/eyeshadow) along with the contact name and number that works at MAC in case PayPal needs to contact her/him to verify. The best person at MAC to sign the letter is the manager, IMO. Make sure to explain in details to the manager on what's going on about the whole situation then have her or him sign the letter. The reason why I suggest having a pre-typed letter is to save the manager some time since most likely you know what to pinpoint that's fake by using and reading guides here on Specktra or other websites, etc. After that, you can fax that to PayPal or email a copy of that to PayPal, and you'll win the case and get your refund. On the letter, make sure you reference your eBay user ID as well as the item # and the seller's ID also and the MAC employee name, contact number, as well as the location of the MAC store.

look_divine

I got a reply off MAC by email
"Thank you for your interest in M.A.C.

As you may be aware there are sites selling our products that are not
authorised retailers of our products. This means that they do not obtain the M.A.C products they sell through us, which does not allow us to exercise quality control over products they sell. We cannot guarantee the freshness or authenticity of the M.A.C products they sell.

M.A.C products are distributed for sale only at our authorised retail store accounts, or at our freestanding stores. Purchases at one of these authorised accounts are genuine M.A.C merchandise of recent production. In addition, consumers can feel confident when they are
serviced by one of our trained representatives, who are familiar with our product line.
We appreciate this opportunity to assure you that, as a company, we do monitor the availability of our products on eBay and any potential sources. We are conscious of the
security of our products, however, eBay is not one of our accounts and we therefore have no control over the merchandise that they sell.

Once again, thank you for this opportunity to clarify our position. We
hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future"

HMMM what i do now???

look_divine

ok heres the deal, opened a dispute via paypal as this seller got quite abusive in her emails, have saved all corresponding emails from both seller and paypal
today i get an email saying i must return the items and supply proof of postage within 3days to paypal
I have had no address supplied to me, so how can i return and submit via fax proof of postage
Even requested sellers details off ebay and all that gives is her name and area of london she lives no street or postcode
WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW????

th_dunno.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
ok heres the deal, opened a dispute via paypal as this seller got quite abusive in her emails, have saved all corresponding emails from both seller and paypal
today i get an email saying i must return the items and supply proof of postage within 3days to paypal
I have had no address supplied to me, so how can i return and submit via fax proof of postage
Even requested sellers details off ebay and all that gives is her name and area of london she lives no street or postcode
WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW????

th_dunno.gif

I'd say contact Paypal (and eBay?) that the seller would NOT supply her address for you to send those rubbish back and see what Paypal says.

rockin

3 days???

When PayPal have asked me to return goods before, they've given me the address to return it to in the dispute console itself.

I would suggest you ring PayPal and explain - they'll have to give you an address or you can't send anything.

Unfortunately, that costs money
ssad.gif

look_divine

its a nightmare i have several emails regarding the claim and no where does it state her address damn ebay and paypal
ssad.gif

looks like im gonna lose the case
ssad.gif

elleread

I really feel for you, i'm in the process of trying to get a refund from charleyandemily for three fakes she sold me and I only hope it doesn't get nasty!
good luck!