Fergie named new Viva Glam Spokesperson

Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Yall are hating on fergie, but I think she will make a great spokesperson. She appeals to young people, has a large following, and is a talented singer. I am glad she stepped up to the plate and is doing this great deed for MAC.

much as i can't stand that 'woman' (I'm suspicious...jk) she will most likely sell a lot of VG products, seeing as she has so many fans. which is good, as it's such a great cause.
and she did look soooo pretty in 'clumsy' except for the bit where she's in the car, she did really look like a man in those scenes.

but talented singer? lol. it doesn't take much talent to buy some autotune software.
i've heard her live twice and do not wish to have my ears raped by her dreadful voice ever again.

but even though i really dislike fergie, i think she will be a great spokesperson and will really sell a lot of product.

Shimmer

I dunno.
I don't dislike her, really. While everyone's busting her ass for her 'meth face' how about giving her some credit for overcoming the addiction?

ms.marymac

No wonder they have been playing so much Fergie at the counter. I am not a fan, but I can see how she would help appeal to mainstream society. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know who Debbie Harry and Dita are, so if it brings attention to the cause for those people, that's great. I hope we don't have to have a Fergie theme day, though.

I am looking forward to the new color (please don't be super glittery, please don't be super glittery).

P.S. Seriously Mac, I think a cream finish gloss would be nice, and so would a lot of your customers.

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
No wonder they have been playing so much Fergie at the counter. I am not a fan, but I can see how she would help appeal to mainstream society. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't know who Debbie Harry and Dita is, so if it brings attention to the cause for those people, that's great. I hope we don't have to have a Fergie theme day, though.

I am looking forward to the new color (please don't be super glittery, please don't be super glittery).

P.S. Seriously Mac, I think a cream finish gloss would be nice, and so would a lot of your customers.

Please don't let it be glittery, and please don't let it be nude! Viva Glam V and Viva GLam VI are very similar, and they're very natural looking colors! Give us some color!

courters

I just can't get behind someone who peed herself on stage. That's alll I'm sayin'.

(If you haven't seen it, do a search for some pics. I don't know what else COULD have happened.)

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by courters
I just can't get behind someone who peed herself on stage. That's alll I'm sayin'.

(If you haven't seen it, do a search for some pics. I don't know what else COULD have happened.)

HAH!! Forgot about that!!!
rofl.gif

I don't like MAC's choice at all for this. I can't stand Fergie.

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by courters

This is what happens when news like this has been announced and the boss has left work for the day:

fergie.gif

I'm so bad, lol.

slowhoney

Ew.

I don't understand what MAC is trying to portray using her. There are many strong, talented, confident, inspiring, beautiful women out there. To use Fergie just seems A) out of character for a top-quality company like MAC, and B) ridiculous. She is not an "icon" through any meaning of the word. Most of the other women they have chosen I completely supported. This just makes absolutely no sense when compared to the past spokespeople. Something doesn't add up, if you ask me.

Shimmer

Wait...
Dita basically makes her living as a glorified stripper, but she's good enough, and there's absolutely no question as to her role model status...
Fergie overcame an addiction to one of the most damaging drugs out there, has a ridiculously fit body, but...because her face isn't as pretty as Dita's she's not good enough?

Yeah the peeing herself on stage thing was a bit out there, but you know what?

I consider it a damn site better role model that she fought through something like methamphetamine addiction than I do someone who's basically made her living her whole life getting naked for other people.
There's nothing wrong with stripping, and hell I'll pay someone for a fantastic lapdance damn near any day of the week, but GODDAMN people, plasticked up face or not, large pores or not, scary eyebrows or not, she overcame something most people die from and is still successful and in a fairly decent relationship. Give her some fucking credit.

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Wait...
Dita basically makes her living as a glorified stripper, but she's good enough, and there's absolutely no question as to her role model status...
Fergie overcame an addiction to one of the most damaging drugs out there, has a ridiculously fit body, but...because her face isn't as pretty as Dita's she's not good enough?

Yeah the peeing herself on stage thing was a bit out there, but you know what?

I consider it a damn site better role model that she fought through something like methamphetamine addiction than I do someone who's basically made her living her whole life getting naked for other people.
There's nothing wrong with stripping, and hell I'll pay someone for a fantastic lapdance damn near any day of the week, but GODDAMN people, plasticked up face or not, large pores or not, scary eyebrows or not, she overcame something most people die from and is still successful and in a fairly decent relationship. Give her some fucking credit.

IMHO, just because one makes it through drug addiction, doesn't necessarily mean she is a role model. I'm glad for Fergie, that she was able to overcome her addiction, but I don't think I'm supposed to glorify her for that. I can easily say that a role model would never succumb to any addiction.

Like it or not MAC is about beauty. Beauty is about how one looks. I personally don't like Fergie's look. Again, my opinion, and I don't think we all need to be yelled at if we don't agree with your opinion.

Shimmer

Not yelling at you, or anyone else. I'm pointing out that the very standards of beauty that we all gripe and moan about in the chatter and deep thoughts forums are perpetuated by some of the comments in this thread.
Beauty IS about how one looks, but MAC's got a pretty all inclusive slogan, doesn't it...of all ages, races, and sexes, right? And doesn't the adage go "Beauty is more than skin deep", or something to that effect?
Overcoming a drug addiction is something worthy of respect, overcoming that addiction and becoming successful in life is something worth noting, whether it's Fergie or Denzel Washington.
She's not necessarily my taste, nor am I a fan, but like I said before, give her some credit.

slowhoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Not yelling at you, or anyone else. I'm pointing out that the very standards of beauty that we all gripe and moan about in the chatter and deep thoughts forums are perpetuated by some of the comments in this thread.
Beauty IS about how one looks, but MAC's got a pretty all inclusive slogan, doesn't it...of all ages, races, and sexes, right? And doesn't the adage go "Beauty is more than skin deep", or something to that effect?
Overcoming a drug addiction is something worthy of respect, overcoming that addiction and becoming successful in life is something worth noting, whether it's Fergie or Denzel Washington.
She's not necessarily my taste, nor am I a fan, but like I said before, give her some credit.

I don't think anyone is discrediting her for overcoming a drug addiction. That's great for her. But just because you overcome an addiction, that does not mean you are automatically a "role model" or an "icon." I think MAC had better choices, and I think that is what the majority of people here are saying. Physical beauty, also, is not something I see people complaining about when it comes to their choice with Fergie. As you said, who MAC chooses is about more than just physical beauty and a lot of people do not feel Fergie represents MAC well in terms of these other non-physical issues.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout
Isn't she a little young to be considered an icon? Just saying.

The spokespeople they pick to rep the Viva Glam line are just that, spokespeople.

The ladies they feature in the Icon collection are the ones who have a history, a career and a pretty colourful life thus far.

Two different things.
smiles.gif

divaster

I can't stand her solo music (BEP was good though) but she's pretty. I can't wait to see the promo pics.

UrbanEve

I'm confused:confused:
Does this mean that Dita&Eve are out of the picture and won't be Spokespersons from next year on?