Fergie named new Viva Glam Spokesperson

Angelah

It's really shocking the amount of people on here that are really upset about this decision. As a loyal MAC customer and as a MAC Artist, I could careless who they choose to be the Icon/Spokesmodel because in the end, that Spokesmodel is supporting a huge charity and didn't have to do it in the first place.

I'm not a fan on Fergie's music whatsoever, but I have major respect for her doing a charity like this for MAC. Like I said, she could have said no..

Anyway, it's just sad to read some of these posts. Most everyone on this forum is encouraging and supportive of everyone else posting, so this is just kinda sad to see so much stereotyping and judging. Meh.

erine1881

i didn't see this posted already, so sorry if it already has been.

the new VG lipglass is a LE VG VI (that's right, i said VI). it is pinky mauve in color and comes out in march.

also, fergie is making a remix of "glamorous" called "viva glamorous" for the launch. there will be a limited # of free downloads available on MACs site.

thats all i got right now
winks.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelah
It's really shocking the amount of people on here that are really upset about this decision. As a loyal MAC customer and as a MAC Artist, I could careless who they choose to be the Icon/Spokesmodel because in the end, that Spokesmodel is supporting a huge charity and didn't have to do it in the first place.

I'm not a fan on Fergie's music whatsoever, but I have major respect for her doing a charity like this for MAC. Like I said, she could have said no..

Anyway, it's just sad to read some of these posts. Most everyone on this forum is encouraging and supportive of everyone else posting, so this is just kinda sad to see so much stereotyping and judging. Meh.

I wouldn't be surprised if the spokesmodels get some kind of renumeration for their role. And even if they don't, it's not like Fergie isn't getting something out of this as well. Come on, she is getting a huuuuge career boost through this with all the publicity she will be receiving. It's not like the spokesmodels do it out of purely benign reasons.

Yeah, it's great that MAC has this AIDS fund, but that doesn't mean the loyal fans have to absolutely adore the people they choose to be the spokesmodel for it. I don't think anyone said anything negatively about the AIDS fund, just that they don't think Fergie is a good spokesperson for it.

erine1881

so, i went to update today. they didn't have VG VI LE there, but one of the trainers said that it was similar to dreamy lipglass. the official description is soft pink-tinged mauve (f). however, dreamy is gold-glittered pink. we shall have to see if the trainer is true to her word.

Girl about town

Come on people cut fergie some slack!!! i actually love Fergie , i know she was a drug addict but MAC is hardly known for having hilary duff jessica simpson goody two shoes types. I know she isn;t conventionally pretty but she manages to look attractive and well groomed despite her non model face, i find this a better role model than some model with a perfect face with nothing to say for herself. I love the fact that without make up she would look like the ordinary girl walking down the street. xx

ladybugz07

Go Fergie-Ferg!

Well, I, for one, am excited to see Fergie as the new face of Viva Glam. I actually like some of her music, too!

I respect those who don't like her music/looks/past/whatever - to each her own. But, if you don't think she's pretty/talented/glamorous/virtuous/famous enough - please remember some of the previous VG models. Rupaul, Elton John, K.D. Lang and Lisa Marie just to name a few of my least favorites... Like Fergie, they're far from perfect; but this is the Viva Glam campaign - NOT the Icon collection. Please keep in mind the spirit of the campaign...
smiles.gif

Okie dokie. I'm done babbling now!

athena123

I don't think Fergie is at all attractive. She's tacky, her fashion sense is nonexistent, and her makeup is horrible. Hardly a role model for "glamorous" unless you're trying to emulate the trailer-park trash goes to Vegas for the first time kind of glamour.
th_wink3.gif

It's not about a squeaky clean image, but about who exudes a sense of true glamour. Fergie just isn't it. Those can object to Dita von Teese as a spokesperson because of what she does. I really don't care for women who make their living off of objectifying themselves, but say what you will. Ms. von Teese has some fashion taste and a good sense for what looks good on her...

who I'd like to see: Gwen Stefani, Angelina Jolie - slightly naughty girls with an uber glamourous edge!

kokometro

I retract my previous post on disliking Fergie for Mac. I saw the creatives for her campaign. Nice. I changed my mind about her when I saw her Clumsy video and she opened the drawer and it was full of Mac cosmetics. I'm such a sucker for the advertising.

Ms. Z

Its available today at the Macy's in NYC. I previewed it last week but could not test it, I was not crazy about the color; but today I put it on over my N3 l/s & I like it!

Tehy also have the new Slimshines.

Ernie

They had the new Viva Glam IV at the Soho store. It's pretty,somewhat sheer, more pink than mauve with small pearly particles.

peacelover18

From WWD:

5Ffergie.jpg

Fergie Joins MAC Viva Glam Campaign

Stacy Ferguson — aka "The Dutchess" and "Fergie" — is about to add cosmetics to her résumé: she is the latest celebrity to promote MAC Cosmetics' Viva Glam campaign.

"I have been a fan of Viva Glam for a long time — I have been following the campaign for years and I think it's a great outreach," said Ferguson in a phone interview from Australia, where she has been opening for the Police. "I have friends that are proud of being careless, that haven't been infected or who have been and aren't bothered by it. I want to educate people." She also likes that Viva Glam ads are never your typical cosmetics shots: "MAC picks people like RuPaul, Mary J. Blige — people that are a little controversial and aren't afraid to speak their minds," she said. "I'm very proud to be a part of it."

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I wouldn't be surprised if the spokesmodels get some kind of renumeration for their role. And even if they don't, it's not like Fergie isn't getting something out of this as well. Come on, she is getting a huuuuge career boost through this with all the publicity she will be receiving. It's not like the spokesmodels do it out of purely benign reasons.

Yeah, it's great that MAC has this AIDS fund, but that doesn't mean the loyal fans have to absolutely adore the people they choose to be the spokesmodel for it. I don't think anyone said anything negatively about the AIDS fund, just that they don't think Fergie is a good spokesperson for it.

I could have banged my head against my computer when I read this. Sure, with MAC donating every penny of the selling price of the Viva Glam products to charity, they are going to pay someone to be a spokesmodel?!?!??!?! It goes without saying that anyone who promotes anything is going to get publicity. Fergie is probably the last person on earth who needs more publicity...what with her gazillion selling album, awards, tour, and actor fiance. Why is it so hard to believe that the spokesmodels in this campaign are doing it for any other reason than they believe in the cause?

Whether you like Fergie or any of the spokesmodels, MAC thinks they represent the product well. I may not like all of the models but I give them credit for supporting an worthy cause.

lah_knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
I could have banged my head against my computer when I read this. Sure, with MAC donating every penny of the selling price of the Viva Glam products to charity, they are going to pay someone to be a spokesmodel?!?!??!?! It goes without saying that anyone who promotes anything is going to get publicity. Fergie is probably the last person on earth who needs more publicity...what with her gazillion selling album, awards, tour, and actor fiance. Why is it so hard to believe that the spokesmodels in this campaign are doing it for any other reason than they believe in the cause?

Whether you like Fergie or any of the spokesmodels, MAC thinks they represent the product well. I may not like all of the models but I give them credit for supporting an worthy cause.

IAWTC... everyone is getting so blinded by the "stars" that are behind viva glam. but its not about them its about selling glosses and lipsticks for a worthy cause. MAC either approaches stars or vice versa and they find out why these stars want to be apart of the program and what they think they can contribute to it. if they are satisfied then they collaborate. i dont like fergie either but there is a large crowd she reaches out to. ive already had 10 people in the last day and a half asking for the new fergie viva glam lipgloss. i didnt expect that at all. but at the end of the day, if people buy it, mission accomplished! weve already raised over 100 million.