Fergie named new Viva Glam Spokesperson

ms.marymac

I remember everyone (not necessarily on this board), having a problem with Pamela Anderson. Again, I don't adore Pam Anderson but she helped VG in a big way. I read that her image helped sell more units of VG than any other spokesperson. Not bad for a Playboy Bunny.

Again, Fergie's music makes me want to scoop out my eardrums with the end of a makeup brush (as does BEPs), and I find her incredibly boring but if she can help certain people identify with one of the spokespeople and buy VG, I still say rock on.

XShear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
Like it or not MAC is about beauty. Beauty is about how one looks.

I completely agree. MAC is about the style of beauty. Fergie to me just doesn't embody the image that is MAC.

No offense to Fergie ... I totally dig her sound.
smiles.gif

Ella_

I really dont think its so much about embodying the 'MAC image' so much as raising awareness not only about AIDS, but also of MAC itself to a wider demographic. Each Viva Glam spokesperson comes from a very different background, each background representing a different cultural, or sub-cultural, demographic.

We may not all like MACs decision to go with Fergie as a rep for the line, but I can assure you MAC will have thought long and hard about who to pick, not about their beauty or their iconic status, but about the audience that individual can reach.

Dita has done here job, she reached her audience, Eve did it too, as did all the other spokespeople. They all did a brilliant job of it too, and now its Fergies turn to see what she can do for the cause by being the face of one of the cosmetics industries most recognisable charities.

darkwater_soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_
I really dont think its so much about embodying the 'MAC image' so much as raising awareness not only about AIDS, but also of MAC itself to a wider demographic. Each Viva Glam spokesperson comes from a very different background, each background representing a different cultural, or sub-cultural, demographic.

We may not all like MACs decision to go with Fergie as a rep for the line, but I can assure you MAC will have thought long and hard about who to pick, not about their beauty or their iconic status, but about the audience that individual can reach.

Dita has done here job, she reached her audience, Eve did it too, as did all the other spokespeople. They all did a brilliant job of it too, and now its Fergies turn to see what she can do for the cause by being the face of one of the cosmetics industries most recognisable charities.

Very well said. And if anything, VG is about people overcoming hardships and living day to day with one of the worst diseases in our lifetime, with help from everyday consumers. THAT's Fergie, straight up. She's overcome a lot. I personally think she's one of the best spokespersons MAC has chosen, besides Elton John and RuPaul.

darkwater_soul

Bickering about a spokesperson who will be selling AIDS relief. Sad. Calling someone ugly who will be helping out a great cause? Even sadder.

darkwater_soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
This is what happens when news like this has been announced and the boss has left work for the day:

fergie.gif

I'm so bad, lol.

That's honestly not even funny. I'm not standing up for Fergie in the slightest, but seriously. WTF.

little teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
I don't have strong opinions about Fergie either way. I'm just excited about a new viva glam lipglass. Anything that allows we to buy makeup while supporting a great cause is cool by me.

*keeps fingers crossed for a truely wicked universally flattering colour*

ditto

socalmacfan

I'm not wild about Fergie, but I am excited about another Viva Glam product. I am in agreement w/ prior posts: no nude-like colors or too glittery. Time for something different yet universal.
cheerleader.gif

CaraAmericana

OMG Women of Specktra! She is a spokesmodel for a VERY VERY VERY good cause and charity and some are talking about her manly appearance and her meth addiction and whatnot. Really? REALLY??

This is really shallow IMO. So you are against her and telling me that due to her appearance and her past she can't contribute to society and a devastating epidemic?? SO should a bum not allowed to be inside of a church and donate a quarter if he wants to, to the basket??

I always love coming to this forum because of the supportive group of women on here. In the deep thoughts forum, we have many threads reagrding drug addiction and women who talk about how they hate their appearance and have struggle with being accepted......and we don't want Fergie and are ready to trash her???

I am not saying that we are not entitled to our opinions but how can we build one female up and destroy another and be taken seriously???

Lipglass*Lover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
I don't have strong opinions about Fergie either way. I'm just excited about a new viva glam lipglass. Anything that allows we to buy makeup while supporting a great cause is cool by me.

*keeps fingers crossed for a truely wicked universally flattering colour*

*~*I agree...I actually like Fergie as a spokeswoman. No, she is not perfect but at the same time, she is supporting this great cause, so why is it such a big deal??? I'm just glad that there will be a new Viva Glam lipglass for me to buy & that I can support their AIDS fund at the same time.
winks.gif
*~*

iiifugaziii

gah. honestly- what is so great about fergie? i'm sure it's just because she has allll of the MAC senior artists with her on tour. she probably contributes a lot of business to MAC already, so in a business world, it was easier to go with her. almost like a thank you and they knew she would do well promoting the product cause that's all she uses already.
but gah...
hopefully they'll make her look like an actual feminine woman in the visuals
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

This could turn out very very nice, or horribly horribly wrong. =/ I'm so torn. I like Fergie, but I feel like she's not pretty enough/talented enough to represent MAC... I dunno. I saw her on the Tyra Banks show and she's very very down to Earth and a gentle sweetheart. I'll give her a chance. She's pretty good, I just feel like they're gonna have to photoshop her alot.

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
OMG Women of Specktra! She is a spokesmodel for a VERY VERY VERY good cause and charity and some are talking about her manly appearance and her meth addiction and whatnot. Really? REALLY??

This is really shallow IMO. So you are against her and telling me that due to her appearance and her past she can't contribute to society and a devastating epidemic?? SO should a bum not allowed to be inside of a church and donate a quarter if he wants to, to the basket??

I always love coming to this forum because of the supportive group of women on here. In the deep thoughts forum, we have many threads reagrding drug addiction and women who talk about how they hate their appearance and have struggle with being accepted......and we don't want Fergie and are ready to trash her???

I am not saying that we are not entitled to our opinions but how can we build one female up and destroy another and be taken seriously???

You said it sister!
cheerleader.gif

oooshesbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I dunno.
I don't dislike her, really. While everyone's busting her ass for her 'meth face' how about giving her some credit for overcoming the addiction?

clap.gif

i dunno i kinda like Fergie....we shall see

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater_soul
The only thing with getting Hilary Duff is that she isn't really passioante about AIDS. It woudl defeat the purpose.

Quick search on Google. I didn't really get anything on Fergie in regards to AIDS besides her doing Viva Glam for MAC. I thought I ran into something, but it was actually the Dutchess, not the Fergie pop singer.

12th Annual Dream Halloween Fundraising Event Benefiting The Children Affected by AIDS Foundation
http://www.wireimage.com/Gallerylist...=clbi&str=5361
Quote:
Hilary Duff is being honored by the TJ MArtell Foundation for Aids and Cancer Research (Bogart Backstage)! This sunday (November 5th) at the Hollywood Palladium

http://hduffworld.com/main/index.php...action= &id=&
Quote:
The Hear Me Project is hosting a national HIV/AIDS story-writing contest.
The contest is open to those between the ages of 14 and 22 as of Dec. 1, which is the deadline ( and is also World AIDS Day ) . The original submissions can be fictional or non-fictional and must be about personal vulnerability to HIV/AIDS. The characters in the story must be impacted by HIV/AIDS. Also, the maximum length for stories is five pages.

Judges include celebrities such as entertainer Hilary Duff, actress Jasmine Guy and film director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.

http://hilaryduffnewsandpictures.blo...y-writing.html
http://hearmeproject.fearlessconcept...age_judges.php

I didn't even know that about her. That would make her EVEN MORE PERFECT for Viva Glam.

nibjet

I don't like fergie in general, but I also don't feel like she's very glamourous... ever! I mean I look at the photos of Dita and Eve, and they look so classy and gorgeous, even outside of the Viva Glam photos. Fergie always manages to look pretty trashy. When you do a google image search the third image that pops up is her peeing her pants on stage.. :/