Fight on a Public Bus (not suitable for minors)

Sojourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
totally agree about the youtube thing. i won't stay away from youtube though because i think it gives you a raw picture of how the world really is. it's a crazy world out there and people can be mean.

It's true, it is a reflection of society...I am not criticising all that watch youtube, I personally cannot watch it because I'm hypersensitive (not a good thing) and when I see this kind of stuff it's embedded in my memory for life. I end up overanalysing it and lamenting the state of humanity. I can't cope with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I don't understand why this would turn into a race issue - just 2 crazy women going batshit.

The reason race is being discussed is because in the original post, you will see that it says that the youtube comments left by users for this fight clip are filled with racial slurs...this tends to happen in all user comments on Yahoo, MSN, Youtube etc...I swear the most uneducated, revolting views spew out in user comments. So I think that's why the race thing came up. In any case, I don't think that if the fight was between two white women that this story would have made it on to the news at all. It's a subtle shit-stirring media thing.

LatteQueen

they can yell F**K You all in my face as long as they keep their hands to themselves...put your hands on me and it's on....

noahlowryfan

Quote:
funny cuz the guy who posted the video said in his description that it was the 30 or 45. iono who to believe but whatever cuz that's not the main point of the topic
winks.gif

After thinking about it, I think it can be a 9x or 30. I don't think it can be the 45. I took all those buses before and the 45 doesn't have that split thing in the middle to make the bus longer.

Merula

I've been taking the bus for the longest time and until recently did it get really weird. This tall white girl gets in the bus asking for a EBT location, and no one answered (we're in a really poor spanish area) so she switches to asking the same thing Spanish. No one knows. She then tells her "beaner" (word she used) to hurry up and get in. She's arguing with him from the get-go, using racial slurs in English and Spanish. He pays, sits down, she's yelling. Then it escalates to screaming. The bus driver tells her to quiet down unless she wants to get off. She argues that the guy ripped her off her last $20 for a taxi and went the wrong way. She starts screaming at the guy. At this point her voice changes and I look to my side and she's choking and hitting the guy she came in with. The bus does a sudden stop and gets yelled at to get down. The Mexican guy just quietly shuffles himself out, with this tall blonde girl yelling and trying to hit him out on the street. How freaking sad/pathetic.

No, no one next to them did anything. I think they assumed the guy would defend himself but he just sat there being hit and chocked. What form of relationship is that?

Makeupaddict88

Don't start a fight if your ass can't fight. That girl had no right screaming at the lady. It's a god damn seat. Find another one if it means that much to you. Screaming and getting in somebody's face is not going to make them move.

blazeno.8

From someone who has observed bus/transit area fights back home, it's a scary thing. You don't want to get involved. When someone is walking away with bruises and blood, the last thing you want to do is get caught in the cross hairs because a) you're not sure who to defend, b) you could get hurt yourself, or c) you could try, get hurt, and still not solve anything and legally become a participant yourself. Sometimes as a bystander, you feel the best way to help is to document something as clearly as possible so that it can later be handed over as evidence.
Another problem is, some of the places where these fights have occurred, you find a ride free zone. So a fight can start on a bus or in the transit area and they can quickly run away and hop on another bus before a clear enough description is given for transit or city police to go after them. Also, as some of the fights I've seen appear to be gang related, I don't want to get involved and end up shit listed if I have to travel through the area frequently.

hello_my_apple

looks like the asian lady socked it to her! i dunno what happened but that was very entertaining. no reason to get upset it happens and i thought it was pretty funny. the black lady should have never hit her first.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeno.8
From someone who has observed bus/transit area fights back home, it's a scary thing. You don't want to get involved. When someone is walking away with bruises and blood, the last thing you want to do is get caught in the cross hairs because a) you're not sure who to defend, b) you could get hurt yourself, or c) you could try, get hurt, and still not solve anything and legally become a participant yourself. Sometimes as a bystander, you feel the best way to help is to document something as clearly as possible so that it can later be handed over as evidence.
Another problem is, some of the places where these fights have occurred, you find a ride free zone. So a fight can start on a bus or in the transit area and they can quickly run away and hop on another bus before a clear enough description is given for transit or city police to go after them. Also, as some of the fights I've seen appear to be gang related, I don't want to get involved and end up shit listed if I have to travel through the area frequently.

so very true!

CellyCell

This clip is insane. I like how the younger lady was telling them how immature all that was - at least she somewhat took control of the situation. And funny how the first thing anyone learns in another language are cuss words, jeez.

When I use to live in Frisco and took the bus to Chinatown (I went to Elementary there) - I hated it (mainly because I was ass height and the ass to face isn't pleasant by any means lol). They were so crowded and rude about everything.

Anyways, people these days forget the simple etiquette rules about everything.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
This clip is insane. I like how the younger lady was telling them how immature all that was - at least she somewhat took control of the situation. And funny how the first thing anyone learns in another language are cuss words, jeez.

When I use to live in Frisco and took the bus to Chinatown (I went to Elementary there) - I hated it (mainly because I was ass height and the ass to face isn't pleasant by any means lol). They were so crowded and rude about everything.

Anyways, people these days forget the simple etiquette rules about everything.

i went to elementary in chinatown too!! did u go to commodore stockton???

stronqerx

All I gotta say is, Thank god I finally got a car this year. Not that I would have a problem taking public transportation, but trust me taking public transportation in new york for almost all my life...I got used to seeing crap like this..maybe even worse. Even on the LIRR, having to take back the train on a weekend being with all the drunk club heads...acting like a bunch of fools (not saying all of them, but most). I am sorry, but to me this is not a race issue, and the bystanders were wrong for egging them on, but I wouldn't try to stop it unless it was really life threatening. I used to just listen to my zune, even when the battery died I would still pretend I was listening to it...always got some crazy trying to talk to me..lmao. /end rant.

CellyCell

Quote:
i went to elementary in chinatown too!! did u go to commodore stockton???

Hella late but YES!
I left after 2nd grade in 93'.
My best childhood memories came from that school...
Pittsburg is so lame lol.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
Hella late but YES!
I left after 2nd grade in 93'.
My best childhood memories came from that school...
Pittsburg is so lame lol.

hahah cool!! i think i was in kindergarten or 1st grade in '93?? maybe we played together there?? yea i miss that school. it was so fun. ahh the good ol days.
smiles.gif

i don't miss the craziness in Chinatown where it was super dirty and crowded.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
YouTube - MTA: Bus Beating Not Hate Crime

This dumb stuff started back in 2005 here and even 14 year olds carry cell phones and catch fights to upload on youtube and Myspace. My fiance and I used to work opposite shifts and I'd catch the bus if we were bad off on time. I'm catching the 51 bus here and watch high schoolers provoke a 6 year old boy on his way to elementary school and this older kid gets in his face and starts yelling "you crippin?" over and over. The kid tried to get away and they shoved him into the center aisle and started grinding his face into the floor while punching him in the ribs. I yelled for the bus driver and he refused to do anything and next thing I know, I broke the law. I yanked the kid off the younger one who was punching him badly and shoved him to the tiling of the back of the bus and that younger kid ran faster than I've seen to the back door screaming and crying. I went up to that driver and asked him how the hell he could let that go on and he said that he learned a long time ago to stay out of their dealings and said that he hoped I enjoyed having to keep catching the bus when I took his number down.

Needless to say I got to Mondawmin Mall and had to head back to the area to find the kid in a security van while giving descriptions of the older kids. I never found him and I never saw him on the bus after that but my fiance quit allowing me to ride the bus alone. That one up above made CNN news but we have so many here that don't and it's disturbing. I'm honestly not allowed on a bus without a knife on me because my fiance fears our bus drivers not looking out for passengers and guys getting kicks out of starting random fights to record. I don't see these as hate crimes so much as ignorance to humanity crimes but you learn a lot living in a city. I never heard about this one but our news focuses more on the stabbings, shootings, drug busts and beatings that go on. I'm glad holidays are coming because it throws in positive vibes somewhere but they're getting harder to find the rest of the year.

oh dear, that's horrible. you are a very brave person for jumping in. not many people would do that. you did a good thing.

Latest posts