Gerard Cosmetics

Rebellefleur

Have any of you tried anything from this brand?!
I havent seen a thread yet so I decided to start one and get your thoughts on the brand !
I discovered it on instagram, it was then followed by a ton of sponsored review videos on my youtube feed, the brand started off as whitening lightning.... those whitening pens everyone was sent for free a while back..
anyways they have various sales/premotions going on and the shipping to canada isnt unreasonable only like $2 more than it is to the states so I thought Id give into the hype and try a few things.. Im waiting on my second order which is just lipglosses.
Ive tried two lipsticks and plan to review them soon on my youtube channel.. just cause I have a lot to say... in short im not impressed at all by their lipsticks.
have you guys tried anything? what do you think of their stuff?

Rebellefleur

I ordered the 1995 lipstick. It's just OK (and part of it might be that it's not the ideal colour for me).
do you find them drying?
I have tequila sunrise and the barbie doll pink one they have a weird formula imo, a little waxy for my taste. tequila sunrise isnt as pigmented and theyre both kinda drying on me.

Dolly Snow

I purchased 1995, Buttercup and Cherry Cordial for black friday.
I have to say the packaging is super cheap imo. They arrive in a bubble mailer, the lipsticks don't have boxes.
They are kinda tossed in the bag, very cheap imo for the price point.
Are they worth 19, no! If you can get them on a deal, yes!

However make sure your lips are exfoliated for this brand, the lipsticks will apply patchy.
Buttercup is creamy, feels like a lustre on the lips but then slowly dries down to a satin type of finish.
1995 is matte, had great coverage. Looked really lovely on and stood to my lips like glue. I ate and drank and this baby didn't go anywhere for a good 5 hours. It looked fresh the entire time.
Cherry Cordial applied super patchy (first time), second time I wore it (with exfoliation) it was even and lovely. Still took a bit of work but still really nice.

Rebellefleur

I purchased 1995, Buttercup and Cherry Cordial for black friday.
I have to say the packaging is super cheap imo. They arrive in a bubble mailer, the lipsticks don't have boxes.
They are kinda tossed in the bag, very cheap imo for the price point.
Are they worth 19, no! If you can get them on a deal, yes!

However make sure your lips are exfoliated for this brand, the lipsticks will apply patchy.
Buttercup is creamy, feels like a lustre on the lips but then slowly dries down to a satin type of finish.
1995 is matte, had great coverage. Looked really lovely on and stood to my lips like glue. I ate and drank and this baby didn't go anywhere for a good 5 hours. It looked fresh the entire time.
Cherry Cordial applied super patchy (first time), second time I wore it (with exfoliation) it was even and lovely. Still took a bit of work but still really nice.
I was actually expecting more from the packaging/ over all presentation since they are $19 I guess if youre expecting a lot youre more likely dissapointed and thats what happened with me I guess I purchased them around the time I purchased melt for the first time I thought they would be somewhat similar since at price point they are. Melt completely exceeded my expectations.
I was torn between 1995 and Tequila sunrise.... I prob should have gotten 1995 :(

lippieluv2013

I purchased 1995, Buttercup and Cherry Cordial for black friday. I have to say the packaging is super cheap imo. They arrive in a bubble mailer, the lipsticks don't have boxes.  They are kinda tossed in the bag, very cheap imo for the price point.  Are they worth 19, no! If you can get them on a deal, yes!  However make sure your lips are exfoliated for this brand, the lipsticks will apply patchy. Buttercup is creamy, feels like a lustre on the lips but then slowly dries down to a satin type of finish.  1995 is matte, had great coverage. Looked really lovely on and stood to my lips like glue. I ate and drank and this baby didn't go anywhere for a good 5 hours. It looked fresh the entire time.  Cherry Cordial applied super patchy (first time), second time I wore it (with exfoliation) it was even and lovely. Still took a bit of work but still really nice.
Agreed. The packaging is truly disappointing for the price. At this point they have made more than enough money to step it up and at the very least get boxes! The product itself is not remarkable and not worthy of the price point. Purchase only with a deal.

nt234

I have three of their lip glosses; I like how they apply, but I only order when they have good deals going on. I managed to snag them when they were 3 for $22. I'm waiting on another good deal, I want 1995 and Cherry Cordial lipsticks as well as two more glosses.

Dolly Snow

I was actually expecting more from the packaging/ over all presentation since they are $19 I guess if youre expecting a lot youre more likely dissapointed and thats what happened with me I guess I purchased them around the time I purchased melt for the first time I thought they would be somewhat similar since at price point they are. Melt completely exceeded my expectations.
I was torn between 1995 and Tequila sunrise.... I prob should have gotten 1995 :(
Melt at least comes with a box for each lipstick, stickers, mirror and in a usps box. For $19 they do their best to make it feel worth the $$.....that is what I enjoy about them the most.

Rebellefleur

I recently tried my pink one on again the other day.. I noticed it has a bit of a funky bitter taste. =\
Urban decay lipsticks - the older ones with the sword on the packaging used to have that taste too.. I cant stand it ):
jeez. atleast make your lippies unflavored...

Dolly Snow

7fb5cf04_quotmanny.jpeg
MannyMUA in the new shade Berry Smoothie

nt234

I got Cherry Cordial with a nice coupon code, but it's super drying on me, and I exfoliated + put on a little lip balm before applying it. I was so disappointed with the formula on me.. this has never happened to me before! I do like Berry Smoothie but I'll wait for more swatches on a wider variety of skin tones. I want to give these lipsticks another go since they're so highly favored on blogs and IG.

Rebellefleur

I got Cherry Cordial with a nice coupon code, but it's super drying on me, and I exfoliated + put on a little lip balm before applying it. I was so disappointed with the formula on me.. this has never happened to me before! I do like Berry Smoothie but I'll wait for more swatches on a wider variety of skin tones. I want to give these lipsticks another go since they're so highly favored on blogs and IG.
I think the reason why theyre so highly rated is because they're all sponsored reviews... bloggers/youtubers get paid if someone buys using their coupon codes..so why wouldnt they give them a great review.

Lipstreet2

I just ordered the new lipstick cause I like the color. I really like 1995 however I hate their lipglosses. Can't stand the formula.

nt234

I think the reason why theyre so highly rated is because they're all sponsored reviews... bloggers/youtubers get paid if someone buys using their coupon codes..so why wouldnt they give them a great review.
Ugh...that sounds about right. :/ They are doing 48% off all weekend though so I might just try something else.

Rebellefleur

I just ordered the new lipstick cause I like the color. I really like 1995 however I hate their lipglosses. Can't stand the formula.
awe really?! I bought them when they were 3/$22 so I paid about $30 for 3 of them.. I havent gotten around to using them yet. are they sticky? or thin?

Rebellefleur

Ugh...that sounds about right. :/ They are doing 48% off all weekend though so I might just try something else.
I still wouldnt buy anymore lipsticks even with that much of a discount ):
I do like the look of their glosses though.. I bought a few and the packaging is all cheap and flimsy.. one of the tops of the glosses were broken so ... hmm. ill save my money and put it towards a mac collection

Latest posts