Givenchy Cosmetics

Miss QQ

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/12/givenchy-spring-summer-2015-makeup-review-swatches.html
I like the nail polishes! They really evoke memories of childhood for me. I like that they are matte velvet finish, I think if they were glossy they would not have the effect. The powder is a delight, luxurious and fun at the same time.

Medgal07

i don't think eyeshadows are their strongest thing. loose powder, blushes, bronzers , lipsticks are worth trying... oh yes and setting powders
Thanks Monsy---I'll definite scrutinize them more critically before trying any.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

The holiday one looked nice though I don't think it made to US!! Neither sephora nor Barneys got it!! (Not the co mingled palette but the e/s palette)
I'm not keen on co-mingled makeup products.

Medgal07

How does every (who has it) feel about the Prisme Libre powders? I could not find much info online, particularly for Prisme Libre in 3 Organza Caramel. I was worried it would be light on me, but figured I'd give it a try. I. LOVE. IT. I used all four colors as an all-over finishing powder and it's actually too dark for me since my tan is fading. But it's SO warm and gives me this just-got-back-from-the-beach glow. I'll have to use it as a bronzer for now, and play around with other color combos for the winter/spring. But seriously, at the very least, it's everything I never knew I needed in a bronzer.

@Medgal07, would you be so kind as to let me know your thoughts on 7 Voile Rose once you've played around with it? I'm curious how it wears on darker skin. It's hard to tell online.
@Vineetha has PL 3, and hopefully she'll see your post and reply to it. I tried PL7, VR for the first time tonight, but I had on makeup all day. Regardless I noticed a very
smooth flawless finish. Vee is the one who enabled encouraged me to get PL7, VR and I'm looking forward to trying it further w/a freshly made up face.

Medgal07

SO how do you use the prism libre? DO you use them instead of balls, hourglass powders? would you still use something like Nars reflecting powder?
​Pretty, I'm new to them but I will use it instead of Nars Light Reflections powder. I'll use a highlighter but I wont's use my Météorites Perles with it because for me,
the perles (affectionately known as balls) serve the same purpose.

mysteereous

How does every (who has it) feel about the Prisme Libre powders? I could not find much info online, particularly for Prisme Libre in 3 Organza Caramel. I was worried it would be light on me, but figured I'd give it a try. I. LOVE. IT. I used all four colors as an all-over finishing powder and it's actually too dark for me since my tan is fading. But it's SO warm and gives me this just-got-back-from-the-beach glow. I'll have to use it as a bronzer for now, and play around with other color combos for the winter/spring. But seriously, at the very least, it's everything I never knew I needed in a bronzer.

@Medgal07, would you be so kind as to let me know your thoughts on 7 Voile Rose once you've played around with it? I'm curious how it wears on darker skin. It's hard to tell online.
I have two of the Prisme Libre's - 01 Mousseline Pastel and 7 Voile Rose. I absolutely love both. They dont impart a lot of color so it will work across skin tones. I am NC40 myself and I have no whitish cast/chalky issues with either of the shades and I love the final finish!!! Prisme Libres are one of my all time fav setting/finishing powder. Let me know if you need swatches/pics and I can share the same!!
Thanks for that info, Vineetha! Swatches would be most helpful and very appreciated :)

mysteereous

@Vineetha has PL 3, and hopefully she'll see your post and reply to it. I tried PL7, VR for the first time tonight, but I had on makeup all day. Regardless I noticed a very
smooth flawless finish. Vee is the one who enabled encouraged me to get PL7, VR and I'm looking forward to trying it further w/a freshly made up face.
Thanks Medgal. I noticed the flawless finish as well. I used it over Hourglass Immaculate foundation, which is extremely matte. It can look really flat and this powder sort of brought me back to life.

Monsy

SO how do you use the prism libre? DO you use them instead of balls, hourglass powders? would you still use something like Nars reflecting powder?

it is basic loose setting powder
i wouldn't use it together with nars because they have same purpose.
you can use prisme libre all over and then just meteorites on certain parts of the face just to give a bit of highlight

I have two of the old prisme libre. I wonder did they just change the packaging or the formula too

MissTania

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/12/givenchy-spring-summer-2015-makeup-review-swatches.html
th_happy1.gif

Thank you for posting...I love that powder compact, the compact and the powder just look extraordinary! Such a fun and unique design.

Medgal07

Thanks Medgal. I noticed the flawless finish as well. I used it over Hourglass Immaculate foundation, which is extremely matte. It can look really flat and this powder sort of brought me back to life.
Oh that's so great!!! It's nice when a product performs well and lives up to the hype.

Vineetha

i wonder if the spring powder will ever make it's way to the USA... my guess is no
Yeah that is one reason I am holding my excitement. Half the collection stuff never make it here unfortunately! I really really hope it does!!!

Monsy

Givenchy is simple and sophisticated. It's not for an example MAC addict. They do not have a lot of products but the ones they do are amazing. It's

Medgal07

I would be terribly disappointed. I'm trying not to fawn over it too much, now. I really would love to have it though. I wish this brand was more popular! Bring the spring powder to the USA!
jerkit.gif
(I'm going to assume that's a shaking fist emoji.
girlhaha.gif
)

angelic.gif
Oh there is no need to drag me on this one! If it becomes available in the US I will be running to my computer. I'm a sucker for that packaging!
girlhaha.gif

pnfpn

If it doesn't make it over there then I'd grab it from feelunique.com when it launches. The new quads will be out in Feb maybe? I dunno. Here's two swatches. http://www.reallyree.com/2014/12/givenchy-new-prisme-quator-palettes.html

Gonna swing by the counter tomorrow to find out.