Green eyeshadows

Ada

What is it with MAC and green eyeshadows? I was just looking through my green palette and EVERY SINGLE one that I really like was either LE or is discontinued. DeMenthe, Lucky Green, Guacamole, Metamorph and Sprout are the best greens-- what am I going to do when I use them up? Why aren't they permanent??

And the ones that ARE permanent-- Swimming? Blah. Humid- nice, but nothing special. Greensmoke? eh, I'm not impressed. Bitter? Pretty, but not all that wearable. How come when they released the new Veluxe Pearls a while back there were no GREENS? Are there even any green VPs?

Am I the only one who is bothered by this?

Kat

you are definitely not the only one! I had the same thought about a green VP only a few days ago! I really really want a green vp!

I love Sprout, but it's d/c, PLUS the one i have is defective and I only get colour pay off if I work really really hard at application. I was only just getting into Mac when Lucky Green was around and i'm kicking myself about not getting it to this very day. I love greens...but Mac just doesn't suit my needs! I'm gonna have to start looking around elsewhere i think
ssad.gif

Isis

I have those same thoughts everytime I open my Green Palette. All the good ones are LE or DC'd
ssad.gif
It's depressing, so I barelly touch those colors for fear of when I do run out of them.
I've found a much better version of Humid in stila's jade. The texture of those shadows are so silky! Almost like VPs
smiles.gif

Kat

Any tips for other lines to look to? Apart from UD (or NYX for that matter). I'm in Australia and we don't get either of those lines.

depecher

Zonk Bleu is a green and it's a VP. I LOVE it to bits, as I do Shimmermoss. I don't have any of the greens that are limited, so I may have missed out on something special. I really don't know. I do know that the greens I have, I love.

rainbow

sorry, not sure if i am out-of-topic but since i saw the subject as - Green hence am posting to try my luck.

any idea if there is any other shade that is close to MAC Surreal? TIA
encore.gif

Classic Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow
sorry, not sure if i am out-of-topic but since i saw the subject as - Green hence am posting to try my luck.

any idea if there is any other shade that is close to MAC Surreal? TIA
encore.gif

steamy and shimmermoss are really close.

rainbow

thanks babe!!
smiles.gif
both of which i dont have.. *faint* looks like i need to stockup some new green shades.

electrostars

Yeah, I love green shadows too..I'm so mad the discontinued sprout..Mine broke and I don't want to pay 20+ on ebay just to get one..It was one of my favorite colors too.
ssad.gif

My FAVORITE green MAC shadow is Pickle..just another LE of course!! We should write a letter to MAC about the lack of good green shadows.
winks.gif

FlaLadyB

I love greens!! I am using meadow, humid, didnt care for lucky green on me, in the pencils I am wearing the heck out of Forever Green and using Leaf liner... Greensmoke, too much grey. Bitter..nope. I keep looking too...

FlaLadyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
Yeah, I love green shadows too..I'm so mad the discontinued sprout..Mine broke and I don't want to pay 20+ on ebay just to get one..It was one of my favorite colors too.
ssad.gif

My FAVORITE green MAC shadow is Pickle..just another LE of course!! We should write a letter to MAC about the lack of good green shadows.
winks.gif

Pickle??? you have a swipe? I don't think I've ever seen it much less heard of it...

rainbow

same here! guess i m kinda of outdated..
ssad.gif
and just to check, is Drill going to be discontinue as well?

user4

u know.... i really never noticed this before but now that u mention is, ur totally right. and its a little disturning. sprout is awsome and i love lucky green (which is VP i believe)... i do love humid and believe it should be considered a staple in the traincase of anyone with brown eyes (like me
smiles.gif
) because it looks awsome.... but besides that, im not super duper impressed with other perm green colors!!!

Koni

I hear ya! I'm still waiting for Mac to make a green eyeshadow like the Shu ME green 555 or even like the discontinued green pigment. Mac seems to have gotten a lot of teal shadows out in recently -- tres teal, shimmermoss, zonk blue -- but no green eyeshadows in decent textures. Sorry but I just don't like swimming's texture, so I also passed on the green in the lustre collection.

Golden olive was nice texture wise, but very similar to greensmoke and more recently to scarab. And bitter and overgrown, almost the same and not very wearable. Also humid turns blackish on me when I blend it.

As to sprout, I have the same problem as Kat, I have to work a lot to get color out of it. It seems to have a very hard texture and the brush doesn't pick up the powder very well.

I do love lucky green though!

Juneplum

u know, i also never noticed this b4, but now that u mention it... it's so true
icon_eek.gif
i LOVE lucky green, metamorph, guacamole and de menthe and they're all LE :cries: thank the lorddd i have backups tho
graucho.gif

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneplum
lucky green, metamorph, guacamole and de menthe and they're all LE :cries: thank the lorddd i have backups tho
graucho.gif

i only have lucky green.... so sad i missed out on all the others... *tear**tear**crying a freaking river*

hypodermic

Lets see other lines for greens. Shu is great, and I love the texture of them. Cargo makes a couple really nice greens. You could also try out sweetscents.com or tkbtrading.com. Both sell loose pigments, and both ship to AU for very reasonable amounts. They are also much cheaper than MAC pigments and just as good.

Latest posts