Guerlain discussion

NaomiH

I don't blame you one bit---it looks good on you, it feels amazing because the formula is so incredibly fab & the packaging isn't bad either
girlhaha.gif
​Every time I go to order a
NARS lippie it gets pushed further down on my list by a TF, Guerlain or Chanel lippie.
I have yet to try TF or Chanel, but if they're the same quality I see some buys in the near future. I am really eyeing Bruised Plum and Violet Fatale at the moment.

Medgal07

I have yet to try TF or Chanel, but if they're the same quality I see some buys in the near future. I am really eyeing Bruised Plum and Violet Fatale at the moment.
Bruised Plum is nice. I don't have nor would I purchase Violet Fatal. I like purple but purple doesn't like me. I look
awful in it! I'm loving Chanel Elegante---really nice burgundy that I will have to force myself NOT to wear today!

Anitacska

Has anyone bought the holiday cheek and eye palette? What do you think of it? I've just ordered it with some money off and a few bonus points.

NaomiH

Bruised Plum is nice. I don't have nor would I purchase Violet Fatal. I like purple but purple doesn't like me. I look
awful in it! I'm loving Chanel Elegante---really nice burgundy that I will have to force myself NOT to wear today!
I hand swatched Elegante the other day, but didn't grab it. Maybe I should go back and actually try it on.

Medgal07

I hand swatched Elegante the other day, but didn't grab it. Maybe I should go back and actually try it on.
I loved it yesterday w/ a grey smokey eye. I'd love to wear it again today, but I have other new lippies dying to be
loved!!!
girlhaha.gif

NaomiH

I loved it yesterday w/ a grey smokey eye. I'd love to wear it again today, but I have other new lippies dying to be
loved!!!
girlhaha.gif
I bet that looked lovely! I really should give Garconne a break soon and wear something else myself. lol

Medgal07

Has anyone bought the holiday cheek and eye palette? What do you think of it? I've just ordered it with some money off and a few bonus points.
It's beautiful and I love the colors, but I passed on it because I'm not fond of co-mingled products. Also, I have the
Peach Boy blush duo and the Écrin 4 Couleurs Les Fauves 14 Palette with a few similar colors. It's gorgeous
though and has gotten some rave reviews. I don't think you'll be the least bit disappointed.

Medgal07

I bet that looked lovely! I really should give Garconne a break soon and wear something else myself. lol
I did the same thing with Chanel's Poésie e/s quad. I considered hiding it, but like really?
girlhaha.gif
What I did instead was give myself a personal challenge of wearing a

different e/s palette for a month. I had to take drastic measures because it's a limited edition quad.

NaomiH

I did the same thing with Chanel's Poésie e/s quad. I considered hiding it, but like really?
girlhaha.gif
What I did instead was give myself a personal challenge of wearing a

different e/s palette for a month. I had to take drastic measures because it's a limited edition quad.
I had given myself a challenge to wear a new lippy everyday, but that went out the window. lol

Anneri

In short, yes! Guerlain is one of the oldest still existing perfume houses and have made iconic perfumes. True classics. Try the old ones like Jicky, Shalimar or L'heure bleu, not the new ones like Petite Robe Noir (that I find just common).

NaomiH

In short, yes! Guerlain is one of the oldest still existing perfume houses and have made iconic perfumes. True classics. Try the old ones like Jicky, Shalimar or L'heure bleu, not the new ones like Petite Robe Noir (that I find just common).
I'll do that! Thanks Anneri! I just saw about your fall, I hope you heal up soon and I'm so sorry that happened to you!
heart.gif

Anneri

Thank you Naomi! If you're interested in the topic of guerlain perfumes, try to google Luca Turin's articles on them - it's fascinating to read! Or some of the bigger perfume blogs as well. (Now smell this, eaumg, kafkaesk, the non-blonde).

Dominique33

Has anyone used any of the perfumes? Are they worth the price?
wavey.gif
Naomie and Anneri !

I second
iagree.gif
Anneri, " La Petite Robe Noire " is quite common but some Guerlain perfumes are must-haves such as l'Heure Bleue, Vol de Nuit, Après l'Ondée, Shalimar.... L'Instant is very good too IMO, Jardins de Bagatelle too, and Insolence is a masterpiece.Champs Elysées is very nice too. If you love oriental warm perfumes I would recommand Shalimar if you love floral ones Insolence eau de parfum ( the eau de toilette is much more "violent", really powerful), Champs Elysées soft and lovely, Jardins de Bagatelle more intense and powerful. If you love rose scents you might like Nahéma too. Jicky as Anneri mentioned it is a true masterpiece, created in the 19 th century as many other famous Guerlain perfumes.

Definitely worth the price Naomie
heart.gif

NaomiH

wavey.gif
Naomie and Anneri !

I second
iagree.gif
Anneri, " La Petite Robe Noire " is quite common but some Guerlain perfumes are must-haves such as l'Heure Bleue, Vol de Nuit, Après l'Ondée, Shalimar.... L'Instant is very good too IMO, Jardins de Bagatelle too, and Insolence is a masterpiece.Champs Elysées is very nice too. If you love oriental warm perfumes I would recommand Shalimar if you love floral ones Insolence eau de parfum ( the eau de toilette is much more "violent", really powerful), Champs Elysées soft and lovely, Jardins de Bagatelle more intense and powerful. If you love rose scents you might like Nahéma too. Jicky as Anneri mentioned it is a true masterpiece, created in the 19 th century as many other famous Guerlain perfumes.

Definitely worth the price Naomie
heart.gif
Thank you Dominique!
heart.gif
That was really helpful! I'm almost out of my all time favorite perfume (Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique) and was contemplating giving a Guerlain one a go when I go get another Classique and now I think I'll make it a definite.

Anneri

Oh, totally forgot Apres l'Ondee and Nahema! I'm quite partial to L'Instant Magic, very nice, warm and cosy. I always want to love the Aqua Allegorias, but the staying power is Zero on me.

NaomiH

Thank you Naomi! If you're interested in the topic of guerlain perfumes, try to google Luca Turin's articles on them - it's fascinating to read! Or some of the bigger perfume blogs as well. (Now smell this, eaumg, kafkaesk, the non-blonde).
I'll do that, thanks!

Dominique33

Thank you Dominique!
heart.gif
That was really helpful! I'm almost out of my all time favorite perfume (Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique) and was contemplating giving a Guerlain one a go when I go get another Classique and now I think I'll make it a definite.
winkiss.gif
Naomie. The question is which one ? Well, I don't know, Anneri is right the Aqua Allegorias are very very nice and not so pricey as the " regular " ones. Check out the US website because there are so many perfumes including exclusive ones ( pricey, I didn't mention them ). L'Instant maybe ? Or an Aqua Allegoria. Maybe Shalimar Ode à la Vanille if it's available in the US. I would recommand taking your time before choosing one, Guerlain is really a world apart when it comes to perfumes !