Guerlain discussion

NaomiH

winkiss.gif
Naomie. The question is which one ? Well, I don't know, Anneri is right the Aqua Allegorias are very very nice and not so pricey as the " regular " ones. Check out the US website because there are so many perfumes including exclusive ones ( pricey, I didn't mention them ). L'Instant maybe ? Or an Aqua Allegoria. Maybe Shalimar Ode à la Vanille if it's available in the US. I would recommand taking your time before choosing one, Guerlain is really a world apart when it comes to perfumes !
I'm definitely going to take my time with it, go into stores and try several out before I decide on which on to get. I'm very impulsive with lippies, blushes etc, but perfumes I am pretty selective about and only own one other besides Classique. I'll report back once I make my decision. :)

Kaidan

As I was slathering my lips with Garconne today (for the third time since I got it last Friday), I couldn't help but think that I wouldn't care if all my other lippies were to disappear tomorrow as long as I still had this to use. :haha:
The red that conquers all of the others! I finally have Turandot! :D Back when the Liu collection was around, I dismissed Turandot because it was a warm palette despite everyone raving about it. I'm the type who's accustomed to what people call the panda look (aka the blackest eyeshadow with the blackest eyeliner) because I was a goth, so colors are something still new for me. Damn, this palette is so beautiful and versatile. The SA at Sears was super nice and did a quick look with it. As usual, I also got splattered with a terracotta product, but I've gotten used to it. The palette was available for a long time because the tester got mixed with the permanent eyeshadow testers and people thought it was already sold out. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but all I can say is that Attrape-Coeur is next on my list. :)

NaomiH

I finally have Turandot!
greengrin.gif
Back when the Liu collection was around, I dismissed Turandot because it was a warm palette despite everyone raving about it. I'm the type who's accustomed to what people call the panda look (aka the blackest eyeshadow with the blackest eyeliner) because I was a goth, so colors are something still new for me. Damn, this palette is so beautiful and versatile. The SA at Sears was super nice and did a quick look with it. As usual, I also got splattered with a terracotta product, but I've gotten used to it. The palette was available for a long time because the tester got mixed with the permanent eyeshadow testers and people thought it was already sold out. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but all I can say is that Attrape-Coeur is next on my list.
smiles.gif
YAY!! Can't wait to see pics!
pompom.gif

I sure wish the Sears around here sold Guerlain.
sigh.gif

Kaidan

I think I'm one of the few in here who likes La Petite Robe Noire (only the parfum and the new version, the toilette one has zero staying power and is really delicate), lol. L'Heure Bleue is truly a wonderful classic perfume. Insolence is nice too, but I agree with Dominique about it. I don't like Shalimar or any of its flankers unless it's the rouge automatique. Pamplelune is also a big miss for me. Perfume is something very personal because what could smell good on someone might smell awful on others, body chemistry, ingredients, and etc. My only reccomendation is to visit a Guerlain counter that has a large variety of it's perfume catalog (which Guerlain has a rich history of them) and try them little by little (take plenty of time like Dominique mentioned), and then pick the one that is best for you.

NaomiH

Perfume is something very personal because what could smell good on someone might smell awful on others, body chemistry, ingredients, and etc. My only reccomendation is to visit a Guerlain counter that has a large variety of it's perfume catalog (which Guerlain has a rich history of them) and try them little by little (take plenty of time like Dominique mentioned), and then pick the one that is best for you.
Thanks for the feedback!
smiles.gif
I'm definitely in no hurry at all and usually always take my time in selecting a perfume because I like to test it out to see how it wears on me before buying the full bottle. I'm rather new to Guerlain as a whole and knew they were an old perfume house, but had never tried any of their perfumes and was wondering how people felt about them and what seemed to be good picks to try out first as they seem to have a rather sizable amount of perfumes out there and I was feeling kinda lost. Sadly, there are no Guerlain counters in the Austin area, but I think a few places carry their perfumes in store like the Neiman Marcus up north.

Medgal07

Has anyone used any of the perfumes? Are they worth the price?
A very dear friend whom we lost to ALS two years ago ALWAYs wore Shalimar. It was her signature fragrance & I can't smell it now without crying.
It's an absolutely lovely classic.

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   A very dear friend whom we lost to ALS two years ago ALWAYs wore Shalimar.  It was her signature fragrance & I can't smell it now without crying.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   It's an absolutely lovely classic.[/COLOR]
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, dear [@]Medgal07[/@]

NaomiH

[COLOR=0000FF]   A very dear friend whom we lost to ALS two years ago ALWAYs wore Shalimar.  It was her signature fragrance & I can't smell it now without crying.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   It's an absolutely lovely classic.[/COLOR]
Oh I'm sorry for your loss, Meddy :hug:

NaomiH

I [COLOR=0000FF]just looked at the swatches again and I don't know why I didn't get Envie first---I've gotten a few reds lately.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Oh well---next time.[/COLOR]
Reds are just so darn classic, it's hard to pass them by!