Guerlain Spring 2015- Les Tendres

Medgal07

Wicked it is! The beautiful glow that I'm seeing in online swatches looks lovely. I'm sure it's even prettier in person!!

girlhaha.gif
What did you make? I'm sure it tasted wonderful sans pricey spice. But definitely, my boyfriend looks at me funny when I come home with $200 of makeup and he finds out that it's only two or three pieces! Yet, it doesn't even phase me! I'm in the market now to upgrade my organizational stuff. My collection is growing faster than I'd like to admit!
I made applesauce from scratch to go w/Latkes. Applesauce is so easy to make, but I tried a new recipe that called for Coriander & Cardamom. Cardamom was quite
reasonably priced but $14 for spice that I was going to use ONE time seemed outrageous to me. The applesauce was EXCEPTIONAL, but I probably won't make it
again until next Hanukkah! Absolutely no one cried out. "the applesauce is missing Coriander."

You have to give the BF the tools & makeup analogy. Speak their language --- then they get it!

If your collection is staring to mushroom, keep an inventory document. It makes life so much easier!!!

laurennnxox

I made applesauce from scratch to go w/Latkes. Applesauce is so easy to make, but I tried a new recipe that called for Coriander & Cardamom. Cardamom was quite
reasonably priced but $14 for spice that I was going to use ONE time seemed outrageous to me. The applesauce was EXCEPTIONAL, but I probably won't make it
again until next Hanukkah! Absolutely no one cried out. "the applesauce is missing Coriander."

You have to give the BF the tools & makeup analogy. Speak their language --- then they get it!

If your collection is staring to mushroom, keep an inventory document. It makes life so much easier!!!
That sounds heavenly!
th_drool.gif

An inventory document sounds like a wonderful idea! I really need to get started on one of those. I just fear I'll panic when I see how much stuff I have that I barely use. It'll be a good excuse to finally go through and purge my stash of things that are duds to me. :)

Medgal07

That sounds heavenly!
th_drool.gif

An inventory document sounds like a wonderful idea! I really need to get started on one of those. I just fear I'll panic when I see how much stuff I have that I barely use. It'll be a good excuse to finally go through and purge my stash of things that are duds to me. :)
It really was the best ever applesauce!!!

An inventory document will also prevent you from buying something that you already have. I've loaded mine onto my iPhone & iPad. I take it with me on the occasions
that I do purchase at a counter.

awickedshape

:haha: [COLOR=0000FF]They could have shipped the entire order together.  It seems super wasteful to do it this way[/COLOR]
I wish they could hold items and ship them all together. It's probably better for them to get as many orders out as possible but who wants a delivery of three tiny samples?

Medgal07

I wish they could hold items and ship them all together. It's probably better for them to get as many orders out as possible but who wants a delivery of three tiny samples?
Exactly. It must have something to do with their processing procedures. Perhaps holding samples to match with delayed orders leaves too wide a margin for error or
something, but it certainly doesn't seem cost effective!!!

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   Exactly.  It must have something to do with their processing procedures.  Perhaps holding samples to match with delayed orders leaves too wide a margin for error or[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   something, but it certainly doesn't seem cost effective!!![/COLOR]
It might be too many packages to hold but I have to pay to receive my packages so I just skip the samples. I've not been impressed with Nordies' samples these days anyway but getting a little something extra when you spend your money is nice ;-)

Medgal07

I've not been impressed with Nordies' samples these days anyway but getting a little something extra when you spend your money is nice ;-)
Wow...that is a consideration for you then!!! Nordie's samples have been disappointing but I've enjoyed getting the MAC mini mascaras. I love them for my lower lashes.
I was surprised by the Guerlain GWP....a mini lipstick that I don't have to pay for!!!!!

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF]   Wow...that is a consideration for you then!!!  Nordie's samples have been disappointing but I've enjoyed getting the MAC mini mascaras.  I love them for my lower lashes.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   I was surprised by the Guerlain GWP....a mini lipstick that I don't have to pay for!!!!! [/COLOR]
Nice! :)

Vineetha

I hate that!! I choose samples only bec it comes with the original shipment and wouldnt make a difference. Never gonna choose Samples from Macys/nordies if its just a separate shipment!! :( It isnt a big deal but something about feels unnecessary/wastage!

awickedshape

I hate that!! I choose samples only bec it comes with the original shipment and wouldnt make a difference. Never gonna choose Samples from Macys/nordies if its just a separate shipment!! :( It isnt a big deal but something about feels unnecessary/wastage! 
Absolutely!

Medgal07

I agree Vee! I thought Macy's was going to ask me to return the GWP that came before an order that I subsequently canceled. I was all ready to give them my 'you've
been falsely advertising speech'!!

Vineetha

I agree Vee! I thought Macy's was going to ask me to return the GWP that came before an order that I subsequently canceled. I was all ready to give them my 'you've
been falsely advertising speech'!!
girlhaha.gif
LOL I know!!! Pre-orders are fine as long you let us know we are doing a preorder and not enlightened only when we check our account for status!!
blah.gif
nonono.gif

ThatGaze

Does Meteorites Blush look so close to Chanel Rose Initiale?

hmm.gif

http://www.colormeloud.com/2014/12/guerlain-meteorites-perles-de-blush.html

Bronwyn

Was thinking about the fact that the pressed meteorites packaging might be plastic and not metal, which is disappointing. However, for the significant price drop, if the product quality is still there, then that's what is important.

Medgal07

Was thinking about the fact that the pressed meteorites packaging might be plastic and not metal, which is disappointing. However, for the significant price drop, if the product quality is still there, then that's what is important.
Bingo!!! I couldn't agree with you more Bronwyn!!! Most of our compacts are plastic anyway.

Bronwyn

Bingo!!! I couldn't agree with you more Bronwyn!!! Most of our compacts are plastic anyway.
Very true. and like, chanel packaging is plastic but it doesn't feel cheap. And at least it's not cardboard, freaking hate cardboard packaging. Also, it's the same price as the permanent guerlain loose meteorites.

laurennnxox

This is very true!!! I'll likely be picking up the compact in 02 clair so I don't have to travel with my perles! :)

Medgal07

Very true. and like, chanel packaging is plastic but it doesn't feel cheap. And at least it's not cardboard, freaking hate cardboard packaging. Also, it's the same price as the permanent guerlain loose meteorites.
I think I've just grown accustomed to Chanel plastic packaging, as well as others. I'm eager to see this compact and can't wait for it to arrive. I'll either love it or hate it