• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Guide to Pigment Pressing (PIC HEAVY)

Fairybelle

This is also great if you have cracks in your existing e/s or your e/s goes a bit crumbly (sometimes this happens when you depot!). Just add a bit of alcohol, use the cloth and coin and press.

User49

clap.gif
What a neat little tut! Thanks for that! I haven't ever even heard of this before! Might give it a go now ! Great clear pics as well!
clapping.gif

jebash

Hi - I'm new here, so first let me say thank you for a fantastic tutorial! I do have two questions, though:

How "briefly" do you bake these in the oven? (I have no straight iron) and How can you tell when it's "almost dry"? Thanks!!

Brianne333

Thank you for this! I am going to try this on a few of my other loose pigment shadows and see if it works on them too!

Brianne333

I just wanted to say that I just used this method to press some Fyrinnae shadow samples I had only I did it in their plastic sample jars (don't have any pans on hand) and I used a hairdryer to speed up the drying process instead. Worked just fine and it isn't crumbling apart!
greengrin.gif

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne333
I just wanted to say that I just used this method to press some Fyrinnae shadow samples I had only I did it in their plastic sample jars (don't have any pans on hand) and I used a hairdryer to speed up the drying process instead. Worked just fine and it isn't crumbling apart!
greengrin.gif

I was wondering if this could be done in the plastic jars instead of pans. I don't have any round pans and don't need to spend anymore money right now! LOL.

About how long did you hold the hair dryer on it? And what heat/speed settings did you use?

I have a lot of Everyday Minerals, Pure Luxe, and Fyrrinae shadows I would LOVE to press (so much neater), but I wonder if it will work well.

whosheis

Quote:
Originally Posted by entipy
I was wondering if this could be done in the plastic jars instead of pans. I don't have any round pans and don't need to spend anymore money right now! LOL.

About how long did you hold the hair dryer on it? And what heat/speed settings did you use?

I have a lot of Everyday Minerals, Pure Luxe, and Fyrrinae shadows I would LOVE to press (so much neater), but I wonder if it will work well.

I read on another forum if you mix something to bind the mineral shadows, they will hold together. The forum is going under maintenance at the moment but I read aloe vera gel works. A little of the gel mixed with rubbing alcohol and the loose eyeshadow. Gonna give it a shot later to see what happens. I have too many loose shadows lol

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosheis
I read on another forum if you mix something to bind the mineral shadows, they will hold together. The forum is going under maintenance at the moment but I read aloe vera gel works. A little of the gel mixed with rubbing alcohol and the loose eyeshadow. Gonna give it a shot later to see what happens. I have too many loose shadows lol

If you will, let me know how that turns out, please! I don't want to mess up my shadows, but man would it be great not to have to deal with the mess!!!

Love Always Ivy

i was wondering how soft these come out.
i pressed a bunch of BE glimmers and MUFE star powders and they turned out super soft, like when i barely touch a brush to the pan, it picks up a whole lot of color. yet, when i press a matte color (like too rich brown from BE, it turns to solid rock)

does anyone know a way to make them not as soft? or are they supposed to be this delicate?
and to press mattes so theyre not awfully rock hard?

monkeenoodles

Do you have to use that specific type of alcohol when pigment pressing or can any alcohols be used? If yes, can you tell me which ones because the only alcohol I have at home is something called Oilatum used to soothe irritated skin...

Thanks.

archangeli

Awesome tutorial! Thanks so much for posting this. I pressed pans of my Aire de Blu and Blue Storm pigments today and it worked beautifully.

I used 70% isopropyl alcohol, and even dug up the old Aussie dollar I had to do the pressing with
winks.gif
It's a perfect fit!

deathcabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne333
greengrin.gif

Did it make these any more smooth, pigmented or easy to blend?? Im still learning how to work with mine
smiles.gif

Latest posts