(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

allthingsglam

Yess love these. I got all three lol
i think I'm going to pick up the other two I worn sp today and I loveeeee it
I need to check these out. Since it is WnW I know the price is right. However, I just bought 8 new ones from ColorPop.
only $3.99 so worth it They are very nice vandekamp
   [COLOR=0000FF]Very nice Glammy[/COLOR]thanks meddy [COLOR=0000FF] In terms of formula, what other popular highlighters do you think they're comparable to?[/COLOR]
2b9f9f2e_image.jpeg
They're so buttery and pigmented for the low price point!
thanks for posting They look so pretty

pinkcrush

Have u girls tried Milani Rose D'Oro blush??? It's a beautiful sheer shimmery peach/coral color and looks hot with a gold highlight... I contoured with Blunt and blended up into RD then added a Forever21 gold highlight under my outer eye sockets... Keeping with the peachy coral theme I used Sushi Kiss and some Milani lipgloss in Coral Crush! Khaki green eyeshadow and I was good to go!

DILLIGAF

I'm back with a first impression on my Shea Moisture Illuminating Powder. The color I picked up was Cinnamon Ceylon. I wasn't able to grab the other two color because they were sold out. It's in one of those Thicker compacts with the product on top and underneath that the brush. The brush itself is very soft. It looks to be almost dupe of the one that is in my Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Bronzer. The one in the SM compact is thicker. It's like a small fan brush actually, in the way that it works. There is a small mirror above the brush. Now on to the product. It's a smooth compact powder and for what it is it's rather pigmented. Now if you are around my complexion Cinnamon Ceylon can be used like an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. It imparts a glow but doesn't exactly highlight. It's truly an illuminating powder.I would post pics but unlike most of my more traditional highlighters this one is much more subtle. Skin looks glowy but not shiny. If that makes sense.

Final Verdict:
If you are looking to add a subtle glow to your face then get this product. If you are looking for major impactful shine. SKIP IT. I'm keeping this and will use it for those days that I want that glowing from within look.

montREALady

I have those on my list!! I also quite like Goulue from the Guy Bourdin palette. Actually, I just checked the GUy Bourdin cheek palette to confirm the spelling of Goulue only to realise Deep Throat is in that palette LOL! I've had this palette since January last year and all I've done is swatch it.... so shameful. I'm going to put it in rotation this week.

I don't live stateside but the last 2 CCOs I visited in the past few months while visiting didn't have it. :(
I could not find that darn set from Ulta. I may have to send out a custom purchase to get it.
Yeah, I got it on launch day in March. I physically drove to and Ulta to get it. Which was my first time being in the store. There aren't any in Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Quote: Originally Posted by jenise

Found em
At rite aid or cvs I can't remember lol
Okay. I have a feeling I've seen them but ignored them. HAHAHA!

montREALady

Have u girls tried Milani Rose D'Oro blush??? It's a beautiful sheer shimmery peach/coral color and looks hot with a gold highlight... I contoured with Blunt and blended up into RD then added a Forever21 gold highlight under my outer eye sockets... Keeping with the peachy coral theme I used Sushi Kiss and some Milani lipgloss in Coral Crush! Khaki green eyeshadow and I was good to go!
No but I asked about it here once I think. Or it may have been another thread, lol. I just like the way it looks in the pan, like a rose, right? Sounds nice!

I'm wearing CP Tasty today with MAC Freshen up as a blush and it looks nice. Similar theme going on, my eyes are ABH Maya Mia with a little UD Naked 3 though, no khaki. Lips are MAC Fashion Force Huggable.

Edit with a pic

After a while it all looks the same, huh?
blush-anim-cl.gif
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

I got Solar Powered from Walgreens when they first came out and I went back the very next week to get the others and the display was empty lol
Shit, I missed them! When did they come out? I swear MAC and other brands have been consuming me, lol!

Edit: Just checked they came out the end of April beginning of May it looks like. Long gone here by now I'm sure!

pinkcrush

No but I asked about it here once I think. Or it may have been another thread, lol. I just like the way it looks in the pan, like a rose, right? Sounds nice!  I'm wearing CP Tasty today with MAC Freshen up as a blush and it looks nice. Similar theme going on, my eyes are ABH Maya Mia with a little UD Naked 3 though, no khaki. Lips are MAC Fashion Force Huggable.
No it's not one of the rose blushes it's one of the regular baked ones that can be applied wet... It's a nice shimmery peachy coral springy color but not too over the top... U reminded me about Sushi Kiss the other day haha btw thanx How r u liking ur Huggable lip color???

Twinkle_Twinkle

I'm back with a first impression on my Shea Moisture Illuminating Powder. The color I picked up was Cinnamon Ceylon. I wasn't able to grab the other two color because they were sold out. It's in one of those Thicker compacts with the product on top and underneath that the brush. The brush itself is very soft. It looks to be almost dupe of the one that is in my Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Bronzer. The one in the SM compact is thicker. It's like a small fan brush actually, in the way that it works. There is a small mirror above the brush. Now on to the product. It's a smooth compact powder and for what it is it's rather pigmented. Now if you are around my complexion Cinnamon Ceylon can be used like an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. It imparts a glow but doesn't exactly highlight. It's truly an illuminating powder.I would post pics but unlike most of my more traditional highlighters this one is much more subtle. Skin looks glowy but not shiny. If that makes sense.

Final Verdict:
If you are looking to add a subtle glow to your face then get this product. If you are looking for major impactful shine. SKIP IT. I'm keeping this and will use it for those days that I want that glowing from within look.

montREALady

No it's not one of the rose blushes it's one of the regular baked ones that can be applied wet... It's a nice shimmery peachy coral springy color but not too over the top... U reminded me about Sushi Kiss the other day haha btw thanx How r u liking ur Huggable lip color???
Oooh, let me look into that, CVS has bogo 1/2 off Milani this week. Shoot, I was just there too, lol. I see they have a bronzer...$12 in-store for them is a bit much though, lol. Yeah I have to revisit Sushi Kiss. I'm loving the Huggable! I'm shocked tbh. I'm such a matte girl.

Oh this,
http://www.cvs.com/shop/beauty/makeup/face/milani-baked-blush-rose-d-oro-02-skuid-811858

How is it different from the Black Radiance ones? I've been meaning to pick up Gingersnap bronzer.

Shars

Thanks! There are a lot of Duane Reade's around here. They are supposed to be the same now but I've noticed they still have different stuff.

Yeah, I got it on launch day in March. I physically drove to and Ulta to get it. Which was my first time being in the store. There aren't any in Brooklyn or Manhattan.

Okay. I have a feeling I've seen them but ignored them. HAHAHA!
If you see them again in store, please let me know! Though I'm sure they're probably all gone by now.

pinkcrush

Oooh, let me look into that, CVS has bogo 1/2 off Milani this week. Shoot, I was just there too, lol. I see they have a bronzer...$12 in-store for them is a bit much though, lol. Yeah I have to revisit Sushi Kiss. I'm loving the Huggable! I'm shocked tbh. I'm such a matte girl. Oh this,  http://www.cvs.com/shop/beauty/makeup/face/milani-baked-blush-rose-d-oro-02-skuid-811858 How is it different from the Black Radiance ones? I've been meaning to pick up Gingersnap bronzer.
Honestly they r about the same level of quality it just depends really on ur shade preference... Milani Tantastic Baked Bronzer in Fantastic in Gold is a pretty highlight and their Baked Bronzer in Soleil is pretty too, to add just a pop of light glitter n shimmer...Standouts from BR include Plum Sorbet, Rum Spice and Gingersnap... Plum Sorbet makes an excellent highlight or overlay with plum, purple or berry blushes... I personally use it with Magenta and Breath of Plum from MAC

montREALady

Honestly they r about the same level of quality it just depends really on ur shade preference... Milani Baked Bronzer in Fantastic in Gold is a pretty highlight and their regular Bronzer in Soleil is pretty too, to add just a pop of shimmer...Standouts from BR include Plum Sorbet, Rum Spice and Gingersnap... Plum Sobet makes an excellent highlight or overlay with plum, purple or berry blushes... I personally use it with Magenta and Breath of Plum from MAC
Rum Spice too, that's the other one. Still haven't revisited Blackberry. I don't see those Milani bronzers on their website.
http://milanicosmetics.com/Bronzer/

pinkcrush

Top to bottom: Milani Baked Powder Blush in 02 Rose D'Oro Milani Baked Bronzer in 05 Soleil Milani Tantastic Baked Bronzer in Fantastic In Gold
6cacd936_image.jpeg

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
I'm having a peachy-coral day today too!!! Dior Coral Cruise blush, Guerlain Geneva lipstick topped w/Dior Fluidstick in Pandore. Since everything was so colorful
& bright, to highlight, I used EL 5 Tone Shimmer Powder, Bronze Shimmer, which I'm LOVING!!!