(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Twinkle_Twinkle

Last post of the night:

Mandalay Dusk swept over the cheeks with LM Ritual on top is sooooo gorg! I think I need to do a 30-day bronzer challenge!

Sorry for turning this into the bronzer thread, lol. Now back to your regularly scheduled highlighter talk.

Medgal07

Last post of the night:

Mandalay Dusk swept over the cheeks with LM Ritual on top is sooooo gorg! I think I need to do a 30-day bronzer challenge!

Sorry for turning this into the bronzer thread, lol. Now back to your regularly scheduled highlighter talk.
No worries---it's all makeup. I LOVE Ritual but I use it as a bronzer/contour. Are you placing it as a blush? School me please!

DILLIGAF

Last post of the night:

girlhaha.gif

DILLIGAF

Ok once again, This time I really hope I got everything on this list

• MAC Deep Dark Natural and Shimmer
  • MAC MSF in So Ceylon
  • MAC EDSF in Glorify
  • MAC MSF in Brunette
  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Waikiki Strip
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Topaz
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Rose Gold
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Blushed Copper
  • Estee Lauder Signature 5-Tone Shimmer Powder in Bronze Shimmer
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Copper Diamond
  • MAC EDSF in Superb
  • MAC MSF in Gold Deposit
  • MAC MSF in Stereo Rose
  • MAC MSF in Metal Rock
  • The Balm Betty Lou-manizer
  • The Balm Cindy Lou-manizer
  • NARS Albatross
  • MAC EDSF in Magnetic Appeal
  • MAC EDSF in Whisper of Gilt
  • Wet N Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection in Rose Golden Goddess
  • MAC Rose Ole
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured in Topaz
  • NARS Double Intensity Blush in Jubilation
  • Colourpop Highlighter in Sticky Sweet
  • Colourpop Highlighter in Monster
  • MAC Loose Powder in Silver Dusk
  • MAC MSF in Sunny By Nature
  • MAC MSF in Comfort
  • MAC Marine Life
  • NARS Luster Blush
  • NARS Multiple in Palm Beach
  • Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Bronzer in Goddess
  • Shea Moisture Illuminating Powder in Ceylon Cinnamon
  • MAC Cream Color Base in Improper Copper
  • Magnolia Makeup Illuminator in Glo
  • Facefront Cosmetics Flashlite Highlight Powder in Auto Focus
  • Facefront Cosmetics Flashlite Highlight Powder in Double Exposure
  • Facefront Cosmetics Flashlite Highlight Powder in Gamma Ray

I think I got everything this time. However knowing me I'm sure I didn't.
sigh.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

No worries---it's all makeup. I LOVE Ritual but I use it as a bronzer/contour. Are you placing it as a blush? School me please!
I use Ritual everywhere that I would place bronzer and I brush it over my cheeks too, but I'm NW45 (and tanning) so Ritual is more of a brown-rosey glow for me. It's not really a bronzer in the traditional sense for me (nor could I contour with it but I could layer it over my contour) and it's not a highlighter either. It's a blush bronzer (I mean that is actually what Laura Mercier calls it). It just warms my face and when I layer it over a traditional, deeper bronzer, I can see Ritual even more.

LV2EVOLVE

[COLOR=181818]Ok once again, This time I really hope I got everything on this list[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]
  • MAC MSF in So Ceylon
  • MAC EDSF in Glorify
  • MAC MSF in Brunette
  • MAC EDSF in Superb
  • MAC MSF in Stereo Rose
  • MAC MSF in Metal Rock
  • NARS Albatross
  • MAC Rose Ole
  •  MAC Loose Powder in Silver Dusk
  • MAC MSF in Comfort
  • MAC Marine Life
  • NARS Luster Blush 
[/COLOR] I think I got everything this time. However knowing me I'm sure I didn't. :sigh:
I wish MAC would bring back Rose Ole and a white/purple duochrome highlighter.

Twinkle_Twinkle

It looks really similar to Opal in the pic.. But I'm sure I'll want it anyway
sigh.gif
Yeah it's not really as unique as I hoped it would be, but now I'm in the "collect them all" frame of mind, which is such a dangerous place to be, but then I don't see Becca turning into MAC (with the constant onslaught of shades) so I think I'm okay. I can't imagine releasing more than 2 or 3 of these a year, and even that seems like they would soon run out of steam…

And a shade between Opal and Rose Gold would be nice actually. But I'm wary of anything with the word "champagne" in the title. It usually means it's bright and beige.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Shea Moisture Illuminating Powders in Boracay Hibiscus and Vanuatu Nude. The both look very interesting and BH looks like this milk chocolate brown and I haven't seen anything in that color range since the Stila Baked Illuminizers which sucked. I gave them all away, that disco ball crap…

I'm still low-buying this month. I'm going to stay under $60 this month, which I think is pretty good (right?) and I'm under that so it's all good.

mel33t

Yeah it's not really as unique as I hoped it would be, but now I'm in the "collect them all" frame of mind, which is such a dangerous place to be, but then I don't see Becca turning into MAC (with the constant onslaught of shades) so I think I'm okay. I can't imagine releasing more than 2 or 3 of these a year, and even that seems like they would soon run out of steam…  And a shade between Opal and Rose Gold would be nice actually. But I'm wary of anything with the word "champagne" in the title. It usually means it's bright and beige. 
There's just so many Champagne colors. Becca needs a pinky highlight. Pearl is beautiful in the liquid version but I want a light pink.

Twinkle_Twinkle

There's just so many Champagne colors. Becca needs a pinky highlight. Pearl is beautiful in the liquid version but I want a light pink.
I agree. The [beauty] world doesn't need another champagne highlighter. I really want a plum highlighter. There are so few of those. I can't even think of one off of the top head actually. Pink would be nice too. I'm really into pink highlighters at the moment like Cindy Lou (!!!) and also an oldie MAC Illuminating Pressed powder in Star!, the texture of Star! isn't amazing but the true iridescent quality is unique in my collection, which says a lot.

Also pink pairs soooo well with brown and bronze shades (plum too). I love a chocolate or bronze cheek with a pink or rose highlight.

mel33t

I agree. The [beauty] world doesn't need another champagne highlighter. I really want a plum highlighter. There are so few of those. I can't even think of one off of the top head actually. Pink would be nice too. I'm really into pink highlighters at the moment like Cindy Lou (!!!) and also an oldie MAC Illuminating Pressed powder in Star!, the texture of Star! isn't amazing but the true iridescent quality is unique in my collection, which says a lot. 
I've wanted to test out Cindy Lou! I have been loving the new Clinique Chubby Stick highlight. It has that pinky iridescent but its also a bit golden. I honestly think its a universal color and I love that its a cream. I want that, but in a powder lol.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I've wanted to test out Cindy Lou! I have been loving the new Clinique Chubby Stick highlight. It has that pinky iridescent but its also a bit golden. I honestly think its a universal color and I love that its a cream. I want that, but in a powder lol.
Cindy Lou is great. I don't really get much gold from it though. It's pretty much straight up pink, but it's great. While we are wishing and praying for what this new SSP might be, I hope it's a replacement for my MAC Pressed Iridescent Powder. It hate the texture so much. I will B2MAC it the second I find a replacement product. A girl can dream.

pinkcrush

[COLOR=181818]Ok once again, This time I really hope I got everything on this list[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]
  • MAC MSF in So Ceylon
  • MAC EDSF in Glorify
  • MAC MSF in Brunette
  • MAC EDSF in Superb
  • MAC MSF in Stereo Rose
  • MAC MSF in Metal Rock
  • NARS Albatross
  • MAC Rose Ole
  •  MAC Loose Powder in Silver Dusk
  • MAC MSF in Comfort
  • MAC Marine Life
  • NARS Luster Blush 
[/COLOR] I think I got everything this time. However knowing me I'm sure I didn't. :sigh:
Awesome list girl!!! I just picked up Sonia Kashuk Chic Luminosity Bronzer in Goddess and Mac MSF in Gold Deposit... I naturally ran home to make sure I wasnt duping anything I already have haha... Do u ever highlight ur highlight with a lighter or more subdued shade??? For example, God Deposit will slay with a soft gold worked under the eye sockets

stephshopaholic

I wish becca would do a pale iridescent shade with maybe a blue, green or purple shift that would be cool. Doesn't have to be crazy in your face if they think that wouldn't be "mainstream" enough but it'd be nice to have something like that in their formula.