Hakuhodo - makers of MAC brushes

allthingsglam

Anybody have any thoughts on the j104 or the white fan brush I need it for my hourglass powders hopefully I get numbered ones keeping fingers crossed

niccig

Anybody have any thoughts on the j104 or the white fan brush I need it for my hourglass powders hopefully I get numbered ones keeping fingers crossed
The J104 is really nice but not my absolute favorite. It's really fluffy so it doesn't pick up a lot of product, and if you're using any powders that have a mesh screen (like MUFE HD or RBR Diaphanous) it's not firm enough to push the screen down to get to the powder. I actually use the black fan for the hourglass powders and it picks up a good amount of product and gives me a little more control over placement.

allthingsglam

The J104 is really nice but not my absolute favorite. It's really fluffy so it doesn't pick up a lot of product, and if you're using any powders that have a mesh screen (like MUFE HD or RBR Diaphanous) it's not firm enough to push the screen down to get to the powder. I actually use the black fan for the hourglass powders and it picks up a good amount of product and gives me a little more control over placement.
thanks so much I wanted the fan one but in the white version with so many options I'm more coufused then ever lol

niccig

thanks so much I wanted the fan one but in the white version with so many options I'm more coufused then ever lol
I haven't used the white one, but the quality of all the white goat hair brushes I've tried from them is fantastic! It may give a slightly heavier application but I bet it would work really well for how you want to use it.

allthingsglam

I haven't used the white one, but the quality of all the white goat hair brushes I've tried from them is fantastic! It may give a slightly heavier application but I bet it would work really well for how you want to use it.
Awwwww thanks so much decision decision thanks so much for your help

allthingsglam

thanks I ended up placing my order after 3 days of research I went with the fan brush because I wanted to use it with my hourglass powders and the hg brush for the powders is similar and I only wanted it for the hourglass powder so I feel I went in the right direction I'm still going to get the j104 or maybe the s104 for the handle lol I can't wait until my goodies get here because I went with the fan brush free up my money to order some others I had my eye on thanks again for your thoughts on the brushes

allthingsglam

d43a1303_image.jpeg
here are my new babies before I washed them loving them all. wanted to get the rae Morris radiance 27 sold out as soon as that brush comes back in stock its mines I never knew her brushes are made in china she has many great ones as well I getting aleast two but the brush snob in me well let's just say I love my hakukodo brushes I also heard mac brushes are now made in china I'm wondering how true that is

allthingsglam

Let me know how you like that duo fiber one.  Do you have the 188?   What number is that one? 
Love love love I had time to play with it soooooo soft it going to give u a very light coverage which I love I used to apply my blush today so natural and soft I don't have the mac 188 wanted it for the longest happy i held off because I love this brush its the j4002

Kristin Bacon

here are my new babies before I washed them loving them all. wanted to get the rae Morris radiance 27 sold out as soon as that brush comes back in stock its mines I never knew her brushes are made in china she has many great ones as well I getting aleast two but the brush snob in me well let's just say I love my hakukodo brushes I also heard mac brushes are now made in china I'm wondering how true that is
i know the brushes from AA say China on them. They are wonderful to use still tho. we will see on longevity tho

janette9687

I contacted Tommy thank you so much very pleased and I will work with her again when I'm ready to purchase the Suqqu powder brush. I'm making my last purchases from Hakuhodo and Kroyodo

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

What size is the ita brush? I love the J4002 i want the j4001 but i keep forgetting to order. For those wondering, it is much softer than the 188 and has thinner and more dense white fibers. its more flimsy than the 188. I post comparison pics earlier in this thread

bbethel

Sorry if someone already post this, but I'm starting my brush collection and need advice.

Here is what I have so far: J5521, J210, J122R, G542, J214R, J242G, J532, J544, J220G, J220G, J5523(2), J004G, J242G, J242H, J127, MAC 159, MAC 168.

Also, what is your dupe for MAC 239?

DMcG9

Sorry if someone already post this, but I'm starting my brush collection and need advice.

Here is what I have so far: J5521, J210, J122R, G542, J214R, J242G, J532, J544, J220G, J220G, J5523(2), J004G, J242G, J242H, J127, MAC 159, MAC 168.

Also, what is your dupe for MAC 239?
J242G! I see you already have it!

bbethel

Ok..The Mac looks so fabulous in pictures makes me think I'm missing out on something. You've seen my current collection, what do you recommend?