hello kitty brush set

kaexbabey

oh well, i still want it even if theyre craptastic. and i'm with tish i love the se's for blush and stuff because im a lazy butt when it comes to washing brushes!

i still want the little cup to put things like eyeliners and stuff in it!

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I would...I absolutley love the 187SE brushes...they are perfect not only for travel but they are great for foundation, buffing, blushes, MSF, highlighting, applying moisturizer...all the little things you might not want to use your fullsize 187 to do everyday...I have 4 187SE's and 2 fullsize and I would be sad to loose anyof them...they all have their own purpose...I personally do not like washing my brushes every single day ...and the 187 is a multi purpose brush. The rest of the SE brushes I can and do live without...they just sit there collecting dust

Fair enough. I think what I meant to say is that...your wallet would certainly recover faster from losing an SE 187!

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
oh well, i still want it even if theyre craptastic. and i'm with tish i love the se's for blush and stuff because im a lazy butt when it comes to washing brushes!

i still want the little cup to put things like eyeliners and stuff in it!

th_mad0217.gif
aarghhh! Damn u Hello Kitty and your crazy cuteness!

Despite the craptastic 239SE & 109SE, it's true I can always make use of another 187SE. I think I'm going to cave in too (Hopefully the cup isn't tooo small)

gigiopolis

I love how "craptastic" has caught on
lol.gif

Yeah 239SE and 109SE would make great traveling brushes...oh who am I kidding, by now I'm just thinking of excuses to get this. XD

kaexbabey

i kinda wish .. that the packaging was more sanrio-ish. like baby pink and baby blue or whatever. i know this should be in the hello kitty discussion thread, but i'm already on my thread and im too lazy to look for the hk thread =P

MissAlphaKitty

If the 187SE that comes with the Hello Kitty Cup is super crappy,
I'd be satisfied with these ebay alternatives starting at $0.99
ebay.gif

*maya*

I am seriously considering buying the brush set...But if the quality of the SE brushes isn't as good as the regular brushes, I'd rather buy the regular brushes.

brownsuga lady

The brush set is cute to me. I have it sitting on my makeup vanity and I love it. The SE brushes are like any other SE brushes that MAC has produced. Of course they're not the same quality as the regular brushes...but they're good for travel, for your purse and they're good for beginners to try out a lot of brushes at once before buying the regular sizes. Also, they are NOT smaller than the other SE brushes MAC has produced...they are the same size.

The brush cup wouldn't be ideal to hold regular sized brushes because of its size but I have my HK l/g's and l/s in it and its cute for that. I needed an extra container for lippies so that's it for me!

HTH!

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ I would...I absolutley love the 187SE brushes...they are perfect not only for travel but they are great for foundation, buffing, blushes, MSF, highlighting, applying moisturizer...all the little things you might not want to use your fullsize 187 to do everyday...I have 4 187SE's and 2 fullsize and I would be sad to loose anyof them...they all have their own purpose...I personally do not like washing my brushes every single day ...and the 187 is a multi purpose brush. The rest of the SE brushes I can and do live without...they just sit there collecting dust

Completely agree with everything Tish said! Those 187 SE brushes are just perfect for travel and for all the multi-use applications they work for.
yes.gif

GlamQueen21

I purchased the HK brush set yesterday and some other HK stuff. This is my first brush set purchase since I don't own any MAC brushes and will when I get them. I'll also save up to get the full size ones as well.

Phannimal

It's the 129. The MUA at the MAC at Nordstrom told me so.

I opted out of buying the brush set just cuz I already have a buttload of brushes and I don't like the travel/se MAC brushes. They aren't as great as the actual brushes since the full sized ones are handmade and the travel sized/se ones are machine made. Plus, I bought a Hello Kitty cup that looks almost the same as the one in the collection, but Hello Kitty has her normal white head with a pink bow and the only difference is the cup from sanrio cost me like $4 and has a handle. I use it to hold my brushes
smiles.gif

Phannimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
ebay.gif

HAHA. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way :p

melissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phannimal
It's the 129. The MUA at the MAC at Nordstrom told me so.

I opted out of buying the brush set just cuz I already have a buttload of brushes and I don't like the travel/se MAC brushes. They aren't as great as the actual brushes since the full sized ones are handmade and the travel sized/se ones are machine made. Plus, I bought a Hello Kitty cup that looks almost the same as the one in the collection, but Hello Kitty has her normal white head with a pink bow and the only difference is the cup from sanrio cost me like $4 and has a handle. I use it to hold my brushes
smiles.gif

Actually on the bottom it says 109 in really really small numbers.

Phannimal

yeah, the MUA seemed kinda ditsy. She told me 129 but it's 109 confirmed. I asked her a whole bunch of questions, but she didn't really give me much input. Oh well. But like most people, I feel full sized > travel sized. $50 is a bit much to pay for a set of 3 travel sized brushes when a holiday set has 5 brushes and costs $50 or less depending where you purchase. The plastic cup just isn't worth it. Buy one from sanrio for $4 and put your brushes in there
smiles.gif

melissy

Quote:
yeah, the MUA seemed kinda ditsy. She told me 129 but it's 109 confirmed. I asked her a whole bunch of questions, but she didn't really give me much input. Oh well. But like most people, I feel full sized > travel sized. $50 is a bit much to pay for a set of 3 travel sized brushes when a holiday set has 5 brushes and costs $50 or less depending where you purchase. The plastic cup just isn't worth it. Buy one from sanrio for $4 and put your brushes in there
smiles.gif

where did you get your cup? can you buy it online?

melissy

Quote:
smiles.gif

I actually found the cup but thanks

pianohno

MAC GET OUTTA MY HEAD
I've had my brushes stored in my hello kitty cup for years, STOP STEALING MY IDEAS ! hahaha :)

Roxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
ebay.gif

AAAHHHH! I am so totally going to buy that first one! That is just too freakin' adorable. I love it.

Swirlgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
The brush set is cute to me. I have it sitting on my makeup vanity and I love it. The SE brushes are like any other SE brushes that MAC has produced. Of course they're not the same quality as the regular brushes...but they're good for travel, for your purse and they're good for beginners to try out a lot of brushes at once before buying the regular sizes. Also, they are NOT smaller than the other SE brushes MAC has produced...they are the same size.

The brush cup wouldn't be ideal to hold regular sized brushes because of its size but I have my HK l/g's and l/s in it and its cute for that. I needed an extra container for lippies so that's it for me!

HTH!

This post, just pushed the brush set from my maybe list to my definitely list! Although I do have these 3 brushes in the full size, I could always use another 187 - - and I love the idea of keeping the HK lippies in the cup! Sold!

I purchased the Hello Kitty brush se today - primarily because I wanted to try out the #109. I already have a 187 - but I travel alot and don't have a problem with having another spare 187. When I purchased it, I had the MA show me her full-size 109 and was surprised that the heads of the brushes were near identical. The full-size 109 is a lot smaller than I had expected...

Can someone who has both 109s - the full-size and LE - weigh in on the difference between the two?

Thanks!