hello kitty brush set

Phannimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissy
I actually found the cup but thanks

No prob. It's a cheaper alternative. Plus, I love the original colors of the cup. I think the black cup is kinda gloomy.

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phannimal
No prob. It's a cheaper alternative. Plus, I love the original colors of the cup. I think the black cup is kinda gloomy.

i kinda like gloomy. lol. plus i really like teh 187SE i have from another set. i agree, $50 is steep for only 3 brushes....but i am a sucker for HK.

aLove4MakeUp

I bought this brush set and honestly dont know if i want to keep it.
The 187 is terrible. I have 187SE from the holiday kit and tho it's not a good as the full size, it's still decent. The Hello Kitty 187 is NOT AT ALL dense. I haven't tried any of them out yet but i can already tell it wouldn't do as good a job at applying foundation as the full size 187 or my holiday 187SE.
The 109 is a good SE brush but it's definitely not as big or soft as my full size one. I think it's too scratchy for me to ever wanna use on my face.
I don't have a full size 239 but i do not like the one that comes in the kit. Way too stiff and scratchy.
So most of my reasons are making me lean toward returning this brush set. But the fact that its hello kitty makes me want to keep it lol

If any of you are new to MAC brushes this is a good way to start out. But, in my opinion, if you're buying these brushes just to have them I say save yourself the 49.50 and get some better quality full size brushes.

TISH1124

If you are just buying brushes to start out get the Colour Forums brushes at the CCO for $25+ ...they are so worth it...you can get two different sets with 5 different brushes for the price of this one cat head...Purple, red or Green

Phannimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelilprincess
i kinda like gloomy. lol. plus i really like teh 187SE i have from another set. i agree, $50 is steep for only 3 brushes....but i am a sucker for HK.

LOL! I'm a HK fan, but yeah, it's too expensive. I kinda think they are exploiting HK's popularity, so making the brush set $50 would make most people buy it for the design and not necessarily the brush quality.

MsButterfli

i saw the craptastical brushes today while in the Flatiron District store, the brushes looked of poorer quality than usual. I couldnt justify buying just for the cup when i can waddle my ass to the Sanrio store for a cute Hello Kitty cup lol.

L1LMAMAJ

I decided that I won't be getting the brush set. I don't want crappy SE brushes. The cup is the only thing I want from the brush set. Like many people said, I could just find a cute HK cup from Sanrio or LA Chinatown. HAahaa.

MissAlphaKitty

Oki, so I totally caved in and I added the Cup & Brush set to my HK haul. I was most impressed with.......The Cup!
tong.gif

The Hello Kitty head cup is a good weight and cushioned with felt on its underside. It is small but the perfect size for any SE brushes you have kickn around in your collection.

My first impressions are:
139SE : decent for an SE
187SE : on par with recent 187SE's, bled out a lot with the first washing so even though I expect this to subside with more washings, I will only be using this brush with powders (no liquids, foundations etc...)
109SE : totally crappy & scratchy, bled like crazy with first washing

So all in all, I'm satisfied with 2/3 brushes and the cup is awesome!

fintia

If you bought the HK brush set please read!

Ok. so last night I bought my HK stuff and I wanted the brush set but ended up not buying because of the money.. so when I was ready to go to sleep I found out that my hubby bought me the brush set.

I was excited about my brushes until I saw already 2 ladies saying that the brushes are not good.. so please I need reviews.. if you bought the brushes please give me an objective review on them so I can keep them
yes.gif
or do an exchange...
ssad.gif

I do not own a 187 or 109.. I do own the 239...
please be objective!! and thanks!
winks.gif

LionQueen

*shrugs* I don't think the brushes are that bad. I got the brush set today and I'm happy with it. They're not the same quality as regular mac brushes, but I don't think they're horrible - far from it. I'm happy with them
smiles.gif

Eire3

I live in europe so i have still a little more time to think about it, but actually i'm saving money for the HK collection and still don't know if i'll buy the brush set or not...

I read all the posts in this thread but i still don't know what to do..I think i'm confused basicly because most of you have been using MAC brushes for a long time so they're obviously thinking that in comparison with full sized brushes the SE are just crap...
But to decide I think i'd like to have an objective point of view so i'm asking you some precise questions: being a newbie MAC addict i don't have the ability to judge myself without any suggestion...

My situation is: I'm a student and i don't work, i'm saving everything for my travel to Japan after graduation...i needed to save up for 4 weeks to get only the 266 and 217 and i definitely don't have 45 euros (about 58 dollars) to spend only for a full sized 187 or 40 euros for a 109, though i need them cause i don't have good face brushes now.
I know that 50 euros are a lot for three SE brushes but here we don't have CCOs here so the only way i can buy some brushes at this price is maybe sephora (without the duofibre 187-like of course, which is 40 euros in sephoras too) or some drugstore...

So...considering all this, would you buy them in my place?
I know you consider them crappy ( or better, craptastic XD), but i thought...they're still MAC in the end, a professional brand, can they be crappier than sephora's (which loose tons of hairs every time i use them
angry.gif
) or drugstore ones?

Please I really need your help, i don't want to waste 50 euros! This fucking HK collection is like a siren singing me to shipwreck!
WTF2.gif
XD

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
If you are just buying brushes to start out get the Colour Forums brushes at the CCO for $25+ ...they are so worth it...you can get two different sets with 5 different brushes for the price of this one cat head...Purple, red or Green

Exactly my thinking I just got the 109 brush full size instead
th_DANCE.gif
and the 210 cant wait to try them woohoo I have enough sh brushes

BunnyBunnyBunny

For people that need brushes and don't have any other options really. I think they are okay. Def not the same quality as regular brushes, but they are small so you can travel with them, they apply makeup well enough, and they're super duper cute. If you are in desperate need of brushes and don't mind the lower quality, they're pretty good.

I have 3 brush sets and I like them well enough. The only thing I dislike is the 187 SE BUT thats because I have two full sized ones. The 187SE is okay. :3

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
Oki, so I totally caved in and I added the Cup & Brush set to my HK haul. I was most impressed with.......The Cup!
tong.gif

The Hello Kitty head cup is a good weight and cushioned with felt on its underside. It is small but the perfect size for any SE brushes you have kickn around in your collection.

My first impressions are:
139SE : decent for an SE
187SE : on par with recent 187SE's, bled out a lot with the first washing so even though I expect this to subside with more washings, I will only be using this brush with powders (no liquids, foundations etc...)
109SE : totally crappy & scratchy, bled like crazy with first washing

So all in all, I'm satisfied with 2/3 brushes and the cup is awesome!

Follow up...

After a few washings and conditionings:
139SE: is good to go...
187SE: still bleeds a bit but since i use it as a 'blot powder only' brush, no big deal
109SE: still bleeds but as a powder blush brush , again, its a non-issue. I've warmed up to the 109SE. I would not compare it to the regular 109, It like a totally different brush altogether. Since the Fun & Games Beauty Powder Blush I got is so sheer, a less soft brush lets me apply the colour more intensely

The brushes look super cute in the HK Medium Makeup bag from the collection, along with the special packaging HK BPB & the HK Beauty Powder compact that I depotted and switched for my dark blot powder. The brushes are perfectly acceptable as a travel brush set for touch-ups for the Hello Kitty lover on the go
smiles.gif

X4biddenxLustX

I'm glad that I can only buy from a counter at Macy's! Or I would of spent $50 on the brush set just for the hk brush holder which is just oh so cute! Not too excited about the SE brushes. I bought a holiday set in 2007, and they were all soft and nice at first until I washed them! So there just okay, I really do want to invest in the full sized ones when I get some money.

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
Follow up...

After a few washings and conditionings: ...

109SE: still bleeds but as a powder blush brush , again, its a non-issue. I've warmed up to the 109SE. I would not compare it to the regular 109, It like a totally different brush altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
109: the SE doesnt even compare to the fullsized one..
109_1.jpg

109_2.jpg

photos courtesy of xxManBeaterxx from the HK swatch thread
yeah, like I said, the Hello Kitty 109SE is like a totally completely different brush altogether

vmg85

I ordered the brush set for the HK head and b/c I want a small 187. I've heard it's not as good as the normal one..but it's gotta beat my fake 187 lol.

Eire3

Just another little question...

In all the photos you posted through the forum it seems that the HK 187 is just a bicolor fibre and not a real duo-fibre...i mean...it seems that the brush is made by the same fibre just coloured half in white and half in black and not made by two different kind of fibres...
Is it really like that or is it because of the optic effect of flash and such?
th_confused_new.gif

MissAlphaKitty

^^^ I don't know where, or who is saying that the Hello Kitty 187SE is a bi-colour fibre (I think you mean you imagine the fibre is black at one end and white at the other)
eeksign.gif

It is a duo-fibre..... black hairs support separate fine synthetic white hairs as discussed below from the giganticly out of control monster Hello Kitty Discussion Thread Part II (LOL) beginning at the following post: (Page 213 post #5304 onward)

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f250/m...ml#post1500128
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/m...ml#post1499938

HTH's clear up the confusion
smiles.gif