Hourglass Cosmetics

Haven

You should come join us on the low-buy thread! We support your efforts to try and cut back. We'd love to see you there!
Thank you for the invite! I have lurked in that thread several times. I have so much product and only one face. I need to be a lot more selective with what I buy.

alyxo

I'm excited for these to come out but February 21st seems so far away. I'm way too impatient, lol. I really have my eyes on Radiant Magenta and Diffused Heat, I feel like I will gravitate towards those 2 the most. Mood Exposure and Dim Infusion interest me as well. But who knows? I always change my mind once I swatch product on my skin.

myfavoritePA

I'm excited for these to come out but February 21st seems so far away. I'm way too impatient, lol. I really have my eyes on Radiant Magenta and Diffused Heat, I feel like I will gravitate towards those 2 the most. Mood Exposure and Dim Infusion interest me as well. But who knows? I always change my mind once I swatch product on my skin.
Feb 21st does seem far, and I'm with you -- I want to swatch these in person before deciding which one to buy.

charlotte366

Wore my Dim infusion today, I thought I might return this one and instead I decided to try it.....I love it ! I used my Nars Yachiyo to apply and although it looks in the pan like there isn't much blush, it came out more pigmented than Etheral Glow. Its making a lovely natural blush today, I am very happy! i wish my Diffused Heat would arrive then i my blush draw will be complete!

DeeDee2013

Just got my RM
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
Gorgeous - I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this shade on! It is a beautiful true pinked magenta on my skin. Nothing coral about it. It is one of the most gorgeous magenta shades of any magenta type blush I own. SADLY, it has very very little blush
nope.gif
What a bummer

I think I will be writing that response back to Hourglass tonight
nonono.gif
I can't find them online. They're out of stock at Sephora and Hourglass. I want RM

Audrey C

My Hourglass order arrived today (via Pixie). I got a GORGEOUS Luminous Flush. It's almost all blush with streaks of highlighter through it. It definitely pulls pink on me, which is what I wanted. I also got Dim Infusion. It's about 50/50, but it has plenty of pigmentation for me - I really like it.

The finish on both is beautiful. I'm glad that I got the ones I did; I won't be adding any more (just swapped for a bunch of other blush); I think a lot of the others look the same anyway and I'm happy to have one light peach and one pink.
pompom.gif

PixieDancer

My Hourglass order arrived today (via Pixie). I got a GORGEOUS Luminous Flush. It's almost all blush with streaks of highlighter through it. It definitely pulls pink on me, which is what I wanted. I also got Dim Infusion. It's about 50/50, but it has plenty of pigmentation for me - I really like it.

The finish on both is beautiful. I'm glad that I got the ones I did; I won't be adding any more (just swapped for a bunch of other blush); I think a lot of the others look the same anyway and I'm happy to have one light peach and one pink.
pompom.gif
WoooooHooooo!!! I was honestly MEGA jealous of your LF!!!
heart.gif
Wowza!
heart.gif
You got a really good one! So glad they arrived safely and you like them!
th_DANCE.gif

User38

If my Her Blooming Cheek or Rhubarb mixed with Ambient powder doesn't look as I want it to, I will order a RM.. but only one. I don't like the wear time on these as I really need workhorse products.

veronikawithak

I use Mac's 159 - LOVE this brush for very pigmented blushes. Plus, the head is slightly flatter & smaller. I can get the brush just on those small parts of blush easily. I use a fan brush to apply EG on the top of my cheekbones.
@elegant-one you are so wonderful I don't even know what to say right now!! I immediately ordered the 159 on your recommendation like
yesmaster.gif
and it's hands down my new favorite blush brush. So perfect for these! I swirled once, applied one side of the brush on each cheek, and buffed out the edges with what was left.. perfect application with no fuss! My #1 rule in life is "Don't f*%$ around!" and the 159 is an excellent addition to that lifestyle. Thank you so much!
urock.gif

Mood Exposure is beautiful now that I've got the application right. It's a soft rosy pink on me.. but if I apply too heavily it turns into a dusty rose with more of a warm tone.. I don't really get plum from this but it's definitely way less warm than it looks on Temptalia (my undertones are neutral/slightly cool). It did look a little too warm with cooler toned eyeshadows/lipstick.. I think on someone with more of a cool skintone maybe it would look more plummy? I'll have to keep playing around with color combos.. it's definitely not a blush that goes with everything for me.

The TEXTURE though.. wow. These are so silky and they give the skin the most amazing finish.. Boy am I going to snatch up Ethereal Glow when it's back in stock!! Not too interested in any others yet.. but we'll see. I'll have to look for pics of similar skintones to mine wearing them.

elegant-one

@elegant-one you are so wonderful I don't even know what to say right now!! I immediately ordered the 159 on your recommendation like
yesmaster.gif
and it's hands down my new favorite blush brush. So perfect for these! I swirled once, applied one side of the brush on each cheek, and buffed out the edges with what was left.. perfect application with no fuss! My #1 rule in life is "Don't f*%$ around!" and the 159 is an excellent addition to that lifestyle. Thank you so much!
urock.gif

Mood Exposure is beautiful now that I've got the application right. It's a soft rosy pink on me.. but if I apply too heavily it turns into a dusty rose with more of a warm tone.. I don't really get plum from this but it's definitely way less warm than it looks on Temptalia (my undertones are neutral/slightly cool). It did look a little too warm with cooler toned eyeshadows/lipstick.. I think on someone with more of a cool skintone maybe it would look more plummy? I'll have to keep playing around with color combos.. it's definitely not a blush that goes with everything for me.

The TEXTURE though.. wow. These are so silky and they give the skin the most amazing finish.. Boy am I going to snatch up Ethereal Glow when it's back in stock!! Not too interested in any others yet.. but we'll see. I'll have to look for pics of similar skintones to mine wearing them.
Aww, you little sweetie pie
bouquet.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
I'm so happy you love that brush - its a fantastic brush!!! I use that one & the 109 for very light blushes to get extra color. ME sounds lovely. I will probably pick that one up on the restock. The blushes make the skin look amazing!!! EG - I am so loving this one for highlighting or dusting over other blush for a soft glow.

You made my day dear!!!

veronikawithak

Aww, you little sweetie pie
bouquet.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
I'm so happy you love that brush - its a fantastic brush!!! I use that one & the 109 for very light blushes to get extra color. ME sounds lovely. I will probably pick that one up on the restock. The blushes make the skin look amazing!!! EG - I am so loving this one for highlighting or dusting over other blush for a soft glow.

You made my day dear!!!
YOU made MY day! I thought I was banished to the land of light or non-pigmented blushes forever.. Even my 187 didn't really do it for me. But this one.. my cheeks are forever in your debt!

ME is beautiful.. It looks very similar on me as it does in this picture: http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk/2014/02/hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush.html I'm surprised how much I've fallen in love with Hourglass this year! All 3 of the products I've got so far have been amazing.. I have a feeling EG will be one of my go-to blushes.

elegant-one

YOU made MY day! I thought I was banished to the land of light or non-pigmented blushes forever.. Even my 187 didn't really do it for me. But this one.. my cheeks are forever in your debt!

ME is beautiful.. It looks very similar on me as it does in this picture: http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk/2014/02/hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush.html I'm surprised how much I've fallen in love with Hourglass this year! All 3 of the products I've got so far have been amazing.. I have a feeling EG will be one of my go-to blushes.
friends.gif

ME is gorgeous on her! I will be getting that one for sure. I love that the brush can sweep up the blush in my tiny blush parts that Hourglass gave me...LOL. Its a perfect brush. I know some were disappointed with EG, but not me. It really is a beautiful ethereal look.

veronikawithak

friends.gif

ME is gorgeous on her! I will be getting that one for sure. I love that the brush can sweep up the blush in my tiny blush parts that Hourglass gave me...LOL. Its a perfect brush. I know some were disappointed with EG, but not me. It really is a beautiful ethereal look.
I feel like a lot of it has to do with skintones and expectations.. I'm pale enough that almost anything looks like too much on me without a light hand, but I could see EG especially being too light on some. I know some people like the very bold, pigmented blushes but I LOVE the natural flush kind of look.

One of my friends said she didn't think I owned as much makeup as I do because I don't look like I wear that much.. I told her I prefer the natural look but I just have a lot of products to make myself look natural.. lol. I'd rather have people think I just have fantastic skin and naturally flushed cheeks than automatically think I'm wearing a blush!

IHughes

I may be getting one, as I'm really curious to try one out!!

Which do you suggest if you only get one? I'm very fair and I can even use MSF Adored as a blush, lol!!

veronikawithak

I may be getting one, as I'm really curious to try one out!!

Which do you suggest if you only get one? I'm very fair and I can even use MSF Adored as a blush, lol!!
I think your best bet would be to look up photos of the blushes on other people with fair skin who have the same undertone as you. If at all possible I would suggest trying them on first maybe one on each cheek and then going outside in natural light to look at how they are on the face.. a pain but worth it with these I think! I find they look very different even from one person with fair skin to another! I'm very fair as well (NARS Siberia fair) and leaning slightly cool and I have ME and will probably buy EG..

Temptalia did a comparison of them and listed them lightest to darkest, warmest to coolest, etc. She also said 4 of them looked very similar on her.. but again she has a darker/warmer skintone than me and the one I have looks completely different on her. http://www.temptalia.com/round-hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush-thoughts-comparisons

IHughes

I think your best bet would be to look up photos of the blushes on other people with fair skin who have the same undertone as you. If at all possible I would suggest trying them on first maybe one on each cheek and then going outside in natural light to look at how they are on the face.. a pain but worth it with these I think! I find they look very different even from one person with fair skin to another! I'm very fair as well (NARS Siberia fair) and leaning slightly cool and I have ME and will probably buy EG..

Temptalia did a comparison of them and listed them lightest to darkest, warmest to coolest, etc. She also said 4 of them looked very similar on her.. but again she has a darker/warmer skintone than me and the one I have looks completely different on her. http://www.temptalia.com/round-hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush-thoughts-comparisons

Thanks! I'd love to try them in person,unfortunately I can't try them anywhere here so I'll have to order them blind!! I do think several may look similar, specially with certain skin tones, that's why I should be happy with one to start with. I'll take a peak at some photos. I was asking because sometimes there are clear favourites, or favourites for certain skin tones ;)

veronikawithak

Quote: Originally Posted by IHughes
Thanks! I'd love to try them in person,unfortunately I can't try them anywhere here so I'll have to order them blind!! I do think several may look similar, specially with certain skin tones, that's why I should be happy with one to start with. I'll take a peak at some photos. I was asking because sometimes there are clear favourites, or favourites for certain skin tones ;)

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of these if you're fair unless your skintone leans too far cool or warm and you choose a blush with the opposite undertone.. you just might not get the best one for you right away.

It's too bad you can't try them on first! I know I've purchased many fan favorites over the years and ditched them all because I hated how they looked on me.. lol. I still buy online a lot but my success rate has improved significantly now that I know "my colors". Oddly enough I find if everyone is raving about it, it's a color I should probably stay away from haha.