Hourglass Cosmetics

elegant-one

I may be getting one, as I'm really curious to try one out!!

Which do you suggest if you only get one? I'm very fair and I can even use MSF Adored as a blush, lol!!
Ethereal Glow - if you like cool pinks
Luminous Flush - if you like coral
RM - if you love light raspberry pink
DH - if you like red corals

I would say one of the first three.

elegant-one

I feel like a lot of it has to do with skintones and expectations.. I'm pale enough that almost anything looks like too much on me without a light hand, but I could see EG especially being too light on some. I know some people like the very bold, pigmented blushes but I LOVE the natural flush kind of look.

One of my friends said she didn't think I owned as much makeup as I do because I don't look like I wear that much.. I told her I prefer the natural look but I just have a lot of products to make myself look natural.. lol. I'd rather have people think I just have fantastic skin and naturally flushed cheeks than automatically think I'm wearing a blush!
I agree thats what I like too. I'm really into having flawless looking skin & a beautiful flush & then I'll do coordinating soft lip or bold red or coral lips with a nude blush.

Kaori

Anybody tried using the Ambient powder brush with the blushes? Does it deposit too much color?

katred

Specktra Bestie
If my Her Blooming Cheek or Rhubarb mixed with Ambient powder doesn't look as I want it to, I will order a RM.. but only one. I don't like the wear time on these as I really need workhorse products.
I want to know the results of this experiment, since I have both of these blushes. I've tried numerous blush + lighting powder combinations, but I don't know if the effect is the same... I think I'm just trying to talk myself into buying some new powders...

charlotte366

My diffused heat arrived today, again its a 50:50 split of blush and ambient powder, but luckily the blush is very much on one side, hopefully this allows be more choice with how much pigment or ambient powder i pick up when I put my brush in there. Hoping to try it tomorrow. Suprisingly Etheral glow has had the most wear so far, I thought it would be radiant magenta!

veronikawithak

I want to know the results of this experiment, since I have both of these blushes. I've tried numerous blush + lighting powder combinations, but I don't know if the effect is the same... I think I'm just trying to talk myself into buying some new powders...
I tried Luminous over Peachykeen and Ethereal over Dollymix and I love love loved both combinations! Maybe not quite as silky feeling as just the blushes alone, but the same kind of effect. A finishing spray (I use the UD Chilled, or George's Aloe or my rosewater) makes it less powdery and more buttery like the HG blushes.

NYCBeautyJunkie

These are the new ones I've acquired today; don't know which Luminous Flush to keep! I can't tell if one has more pink than the other.

Radiant Magenta

Diffused Heat

Luminous Flush x2

Debbs

IMO they are evenly distributed just spread out differently. The LF to the right would be my choice as blending seems more evenly proportioned. The one on my left seems like you can pick up the blush color alone a bit easier . Overall, you got some nice ones, enjoy!

ChosenOne

Ethereal Glow - if you like cool pinks
Luminous Flush - if you like coral
RM - if you love light raspberry pink
DH - if you like red corals

I would say one of the first three.
Well crap. I was all set on getting DH during the next Sephora sale, but your description of it as a "red coral" has me second guessing myself! I don't know if you're the first one to describe it as such (I admit I've been doing more skimming of these threads lately than thorough reading due to how much a few of the threads blew up over the past couple of weeks), but based on pics I was really thinking DH. But since you suggested the first 3 for fairer skin, now I'm not sure! I love me some coral, and cool pink blushes tend to look less flattering on me than warmer colors. So now I'm wondering if I should get LF instead of DH. Thoughts? I'm NC20. TIA!!
bouquet.gif

Kaori

Well crap. I was all set on getting DH during the next Sephora sale, but your description of it as a "red coral" has me second guessing myself! I don't know if you're the first one to describe it as such (I admit I've been doing more skimming of these threads lately than thorough reading due to how much a few of the threads blew up over the past couple of weeks), but based on pics I was really thinking DH. But since you suggested the first 3 for fairer skin, now I'm not sure! I love me some coral, and cool pink blushes tend to look less flattering on me than warmer colors. So now I'm wondering if I should get LF instead of DH. Thoughts? I'm NC20. TIA!!
bouquet.gif
I don't have them but DH and LF keep looking very similar on swatches. DH has gold speckles in it but they aren't visible on face :)
Dim infusion looks like peachy-coral http://mylucitedreams.com/2014/02/03/hourglass-ambient-lighting-blush-in-dim-infusion-swatch-review/

elegant-one

bouquet.gif
No DH is gorgeous on fair skin! She was asking for something light. I am very pale & DH is one of my favorites. Its a very beautiful shade on.

elegant-one

It has more red undertones in the coral than say a pink or peach but then that depends on the amount of highlight powder that gets mixed with it. Maybe these pics will help;

princessjest

I am in the same boat as and am going to have to buy my hourglass products blind :( A friend has kindly said she will ship them from the states for me, as part of my low buy I can choose 3 items. I do not know what to choose! I am really into having flawless looking skin and I worry about the pink tones in my skin, I am fairly pale and warmer reds and pinks can me look ruddy rather than glowing! I am definitely set on diffused light powder so have 2 spaces left, I love me a peachy blush so was thinking of Dim infusion blush but I also like the look of Radiant magenta but I am unsure if a better investment maybe another powder to layer over other blushes I already have and love ..... I am so torn!

Audrey C

I am in the same boat as and am going to have to buy my hourglass products blind
ssad.gif
A friend has kindly said she will ship them from the states for me, as part of my low buy I can choose 3 items. I do not know what to choose! I am really into having flawless looking skin and I worry about the pink tones in my skin, I am fairly pale and warmer reds and pinks can me look ruddy rather than glowing! I am definitely set on diffused light powder so have 2 spaces left, I love me a peachy blush so was thinking of Dim infusion blush but I also like the look of Radiant magenta but I am unsure if a better investment maybe another powder to layer over other blushes I already have and love ..... I am so torn!
I think that quite a lot of these shades are similar. I just have two (Dim Infusion and Luminous Flush) and have no intention of getting any others. If you don't already have some of the Ambient powders, maybe getting one of those would be a good choice for your third item. That way you can mix it with your existing blush.

princessjest

I think that quite a lot of these shades are similar. I just have two (Dim Infusion and Luminous Flush) and have no intention of getting any others. If you don't already have some of the Ambient powders, maybe getting one of those would be a good choice for your third item. That way you can mix it with your existing blush.
I think you are right, I amam thinking Diffused light, Luminous Light and Dim Infusion, I agree that a lot of the blushes look to be similar and I have quite a few pinks in my stash, my only coral is my go to of Style by Mac so I think Dim could be a nice addition.

Audrey C

I think you are right, I amam thinking Diffused light, Luminous Light and Dim Infusion, I agree that a lot of the blushes look to be similar and I have quite a few pinks in my stash, my only coral is my go to of Style by Mac so I think Dim could be a nice addition.
I have all three of these and like them all. Diffused Light is my everyday setting powder and I use Luminous Light as a highlighter; it's a good choice because it goes with different blush colours. Dim Infusion is not a bold, in your face blush but I really like it. The finish is beautiful.

ChosenOne

It has more red undertones in the coral than say a pink or peach but then that depends on the amount of highlight powder that gets mixed with it. Maybe these pics will help;

Thanks for the input and the pics! I think the reddest blush I have is probably MAC's Sunbasque, which isn't even that red at all, but it's one of my favorites. I think DH is probably unlike anything I already own, but I'm starting to believe I need to swatch these in store to make the best decision! Maybe I'll go in blushless and try one color on each cheek. Of course now I'm back to debating between 3 of these (DH, DI, and LF)... I hate being so indecisive!