Hourglass Cosmetics

ChosenOne

So today I caved and got Diffused Heat. It's the only one I was really aching for, and it's been a rough week, so I treated myself! I might pick up another 1 or 2 of these during the next Sephora sale, but I feel so much better now that I have the one I really wanted, haha. I was a PITA and asked the girl at the counter if I could check the "blush to ambient powder ratio" in the one she was selling me before I actually paid for it. She tried telling me they were all the same, but I knew better! There happened to be 2 testers of one of the colors out, and I pointed out to her that the 2 testers of the same blush looked very different. One of them was almost completely ambient powder!! I'd say it was a good 90% ambient powder to only 10% blush color. She went and looked, and when she came back she admitted that she didn't even realize those two were the same color...they looked so different from each other!

Anyway, long story short (too late), she was totally fine with me checking the blush and it was a BEAUTY!!
heart.gif
I'll have to take a pic tomorrow and post it. And I'll have to wear it this week sometime! I feel like this blush is going to be a staple for me, especially in the summer.

P.S. Weird thing. I did hand swatches of all of these and there wasn't a big difference between DH and LF on my skin...DH was just a pinch more coral and a pinch brighter. Bizarre, no? I'm thinking RM and/or DI will be the only other ones I get, though DI was surprisingly light on my skin.

elegant-one

For anyone that has both Diffused Heat & the Diffused lighting powder, would you say that the "Diffused" powder shades are the same?

Debbs

I just got a call from a Sephora store in Miami advising me that have the blushes available today for sale. They are displayed at the front part of the store. Will get to pick my swirls today! Check with your local stores everyone.

Icecaramellatte

I just got a call from a Sephora store in Miami advising me that have the blushes available today for sale. They are displayed at the front part of the store. Will get to pick my swirls today! Check with your local stores everyone.
Debbs! Thanks for the heads up. Be sure to report back on what you get. I may check out Sephora today too.

IHughes

I have received Diffused Heat and Mood Exposure, they're so beautiful!! I tried Diffused Heat today and it's soooo pigmented on me!! I even had to buff it after as it gave me such a reddish glow! It's very beautiful! Tomorrow I'll be trying Mood Exposure!

Debbs

I picked up a DH with a lot of color. They had all of them out at Sephora. There is a minimum of 2 to 5 blushes in each color not including the testers . I planned to get 2 but sticking with my low buy since I had ME already DH was my best choice. And I was able to get Oh Baby lipgloss which I have had in years as a B2M item. I have pics which hopefully I will get to share later on today

elegant-one

I went to Sephora today & exchanged my old EG & DH for 2 NEW BEAUTIFUL babies
greengrin.gif
with lots of blush. I also got ME! SO pretty on.

Debbs

Way to go, Elegant One! Glad that you were able to exchange for ones that you really love and add Mood Exposure to the family.

Debbs

I only got DH today at Sephora as the lady in Nordies told me that the new JC blushes should be in store soon. I figured that since the Hourglass ones are perm I will make room for the Chanel LE ones. I used DH this evening and thought it didn't show up much in the bathroom light but when I got outside and looked in the car mirror I was taken aback in a very good way. These blushes are awesome. I have ME and DH for now and I really love both!!!!

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the heads up Debbs! I picked up Diffused Heat and Radiant Magenta. I'm still out and about and I may go to another Sephora before heading home because the one I went to didn't have something else I wanted. I hope I don't end up picking up more. I really like the look of the radiant light highlighter by itself. Boy I wish I had bought that palette when I had the chance.

elegant-one

I only got DH today at Sephora as the lady in Nordies told me that the new JC blushes should be in store soon. I figured that since the Hourglass ones are perm I will make room for the Chanel LE ones. I used DH this evening and thought it didn't show up much in the bathroom light but when I got outside and looked in the car mirror I was taken aback in a very good way. These blushes are awesome. I have ME and DH for now and I really love both!!!!
I'm sure they're beautiful on you! I love DH.

Icecaramellatte

What brush are you guys using with these blushes? Oh I just saw that Elegant rec the 159. I promise I searches before I posted but didn't see it. Any other brush recs? Wonder if I should run and buy another 159?

ChosenOne

I went to Sephora today & exchanged my old EG & DH for 2 NEW BEAUTIFUL babies
greengrin.gif
with lots of blush. I also got ME! SO pretty on.
Happy to hear you were able to find better ones at Sephora!! These really are like MAC's mineralize skinfinishes in that they're better to pick out in person if you have the option. That ambient powder to blush color ratio is critical. I'm waiting until April to get more, and I'll need that time anyway to decide which others to get!

Debbs

I initially tried the TF cheek brush but I am liking my trusty old Mac 129 with these blushes. I would suggest also possibly trying the 128 as well as the 159 brush. Its hard to go wrong with these blushes which to me is a big plus. ME is subtle but noticeable on me . It gives off the vibes something is different on you in a good way (but my co workers couldn't tell what it was) I know that it was ME. @Icecarmellatte, I purposely skipped the last Ambient Light Palette that was left at my local Sephora and got the Radiant Light powder instead which I buff in with a big fluffy brush. In restrospect except for bargaining opportunity I would still choose RL as a single unit. I don't think the other colors would get a lot of usuage from me and the amount of product in RL is not such a bad value overall.

Shellcat

I also hit Sephora after work today.
cheerleader.gif

I called them around noon and they held the only two Mood Exposures they had left for me so I could pick the darkest one.

Also picked up Radiant Magenta....

Here are my new babies!