How can UD Midnight Cowboy E/S be a best seller?

thelove4tequila

It sucks.
thmbdn.gif
I just got a UD palette which included MC and it had THE WORST glitter fallout I have ever had! Of course I already had my foundation on and I was in a hurry so I had silver specks of glitter on my face all night. Ugh. The. Worst. Ever.

I'm Definitely returning the Foreshadow palette. I've decided that UD eyeshadows aren't up to par with me. So sad.
ssad.gif

MACLovin

I totally agree! I don't really like UD eyeshadows at all. There are a few that have a decent texture, but yeah, midnight cowboy is so glittery and horrible!

glam8babe

yep i agree too! i've used it once and the glitter was just terrible so i've never touched it since

Christina983

I love the glitter in it. I think it really adds to the e/s. I have been wearing it and re purchasing since summer 2001, a staple in my collection.

NicksWifey

I agree with you! It's such a gorgeous gorgeous color but AHHHH at the fallout!
ssad.gif
I have Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and it's the same issue. However, one of my teal/blue UD eyeshadows has no fallout and goes on really smooth like a veluxe pearl.

I think UD should reformulate their eyeshadows, especially the glittery ones. They are so pretty but it's not pretty to look like a disco ball when your makeup is done.

mae13

Yeah, MC is terrible for fallout, but then again some folks like that look. My boss really makes it work for her by applying it all around her eye, over an orange shadow. It's kinda clubby, but makes her blue eyes pop.

That said, don't give up on UD shadows! They really vary in texture. If you look on their website, they have them listed according to the different finishes. Just avoid the ones that fall under the "glitter" category. The ones that are labeled "duo-tone" and "shimmer" have little to no glitter and a gorgeous, buttery-soft texture.

Urban Decay Cosmetics - Eyeshadow

lovelyweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
Yeah, MC is terrible for fallout, but then again some folks like that look. My boss really makes it work for her by applying it all around her eye, over an orange shadow. It's kinda clubby, but makes her blue eyes pop.

That said, don't give up on UD shadows! They really vary in texture. If you look on their website, they have them listed according to the different finishes. Just avoid the ones that fall under the "glitter" category. The ones that are labeled "duo-tone" and "shimmer" have little to no glitter and a gorgeous, buttery-soft texture.

I have to agree with this. I have a lot of UD shadows and they really do vary in texture. Some colors, such as Peace, I have yet to find a dupe for and are just so gorgeous in texture.
thmbup.gif

sherox

i like the deluxe eyeshadow singles but their regular e/s suck! it feels like its more glitter than anything else and the matte e/s are chalky

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
I totally agree! I don't really like UD eyeshadows at all. There are a few that have a decent texture, but yeah, midnight cowboy is so glittery and horrible!

OMG thank gawd I'm not the only one who feels this way!! I think I have came to the conclusion today that I just don't like UD in general. Their Primer Potion is really really good BUT the whole issue with its packaging is a total turn off for me. I cut mine open and there was A TONNNNNN left. Like 6+ months worth! Ugh. I'm switching to Too Faced once I use the rest of my UDPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina983
I love the glitter in it. I think it really adds to the e/s. I have been wearing it and re purchasing since summer 2001, a staple in my collection.

I thought (and still do) think it looks super pretty just looking at it. Its gorge in the pan but once I actually use it...not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13

Yeah the only e/s I liked from the Foreshadow palette was Flipside. SUPER pretty color.
thmbup.gif
I think I'm returning the palette and just get Flipside.

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
yep i agree too! i've used it once and the glitter was just terrible so i've never touched it since

Totally agree. It would be a great shadow if it actually stayed where one put it. The fallout is criminal.

Beauty Mark

UD's eyeshadows are very good if you avoid the glitter ones. They have some great mattes, the duotones are amazing, and I do like the shimmers.

burnitdown_x

It's a best seller because it looks like a nice color initially but then glitter falls all over the place... and yeah. But their deluxe eyeshadows are awesome, great color payoff and really smooth.

Love Always Ivy

i love UD shadows. theyre really fabulous once you get the technique down to avoid fall out. a good base + patting on instead of swiping

TwiggyPop

A lot of their shadows suck because of the glitter, but vert has always been a huge favorite of mine. And now that I have the deluxe palette I'm in love! The deluxe shadows are to die for and I'll definitly buy the pans once the colors in my palette start running out.

AlarmAgent

I've got Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, which is, if you can believe this, a more glittery version of Midnight Cowboy. I've also got a couple Deluxe shadows and Mildew from their regular shadow line. Mildew is beautiful, soft, pigmented, and easily blended.

The Deluxe shadows are great, even more pigment intensive, and also easy to blend.

Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is an absolute nightmare. Fallout is pretty much unavoidable, if you try and blend it you just spread glitter further down your face, and pigmentation is just more glitter. I pat it on with a little Visine on the brush, and that limits the fallout a bit, but it's definitely still there. Really though, I've never met a glitter heavy eyeshadow that didn't do all of the above. If I want to have that glitter look on my lids, I apply UD's Heavy Metal eye gel on top of my shadow, which stays put and doesn't muss your eyeshadow up so long as you pat it very gently on top.

I really don't know how it's a top seller either, considering they've got lots of lovely shades that don't have the same issues. I don't hate Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, if I'm going to be at a place where glittery cheeks won't be noticed I rather like it, but it's very hard to work with compared to their other shades.

-moonflower-

I actually find Mindnight Cowboy Rides Again to have waaay less fallout than Midnight Cowboy.
Even with Midnight Cowboy, just tap your brush and take care while you're applying and it should be fine. Or hold a tissue under your eye to catch the glitter.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
It sucks.
thmbdn.gif
I just got a UD palette which included MC and it had THE WORST glitter fallout I have ever had! Of course I already had my foundation on and I was in a hurry so I had silver specks of glitter on my face all night. Ugh. The. Worst. Ever.

I'm Definitely returning the Foreshadow palette. I've decided that UD eyeshadows aren't up to par with me. So sad.
ssad.gif

All UD shadows are not bad. Actually, the shimmer and metallic ones are very similar to MAC's StarFlash texture, which I find less superior than UD.

You are right to stay clear of the glitter ones, but do not dismiss all of them. I love, love, love UD shadows.
yahoo.gif

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by -moonflower-
I actually find Mindnight Cowboy Rides Again to have waaay less fallout than Midnight Cowboy.
Even with Midnight Cowboy, just tap your brush and take care while you're applying and it should be fine. Or hold a tissue under your eye to catch the glitter.

I tapped off all the excess e/s off my brush and while it did help some, I still had a mess on my face. I also did the tissue thing AFTER I realized the horribleness that is Midnight Cowboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
All UD shadows are not bad. Actually, the shimmer and metallic ones are very similar to MAC's StarFlash texture, which I find less superior than UD.

You are right to stay clear of the glitter ones, but do not dismiss all of them. I love, love, love UD shadows.
yahoo.gif

I agree not all UD shadows are bad. But for the most part, I don't find them that appealing. I'm crazy about Flipside though. Beautiful teal color with amazing color payoff.

Sanayhs

I hate the glittery shadows, but quite enjoy a number of the others - mind you, I've only got the deluxe and ammo palettes. The deluxe are, of course, quite lovely, and so are the non-glittery shadows in Ammo. The glittery shadows are a shame, because they tend to have a pretty colour underneath, but the fallout sucks. I AM the type to pat on my shadows because I like a lot of bold looks, and I hate trying to hold a tissue under my eye.

I tried to use Grifter (I think?) one day, and I hadn't put on my foundation or anything yet. However, when I tried to get the glitter off my face, that stuff was stuck pretty firmly in place. Ugh.

Latest posts