How can UD Midnight Cowboy E/S be a best seller?

ellesea

I am really not a fan of this shade either. I, too find that the glitter is just impossible! Especially for those who wear contacts like me. My absolute favourite is Sin.

kittykit

The Sephora nearby my place is having special price for the Urban Essentials set. I was thinking of buying it but I remember reading about Midnight Cowboy e/s here!

ab5inth7

i totally agree !!
I bought this e/s two days ago and the glitter fallout is UNBELIEVABLE.
ssad.gif
(

tracyann91

I DO like the color of Midnight Cowboy though - just not the glitter - does anyone know of a MAC dupe for the MC color? Kind of a shimmery pinky beige?

YAY - I just looked on the Urban Decay site and they actually have a shadow that is EXACTLY the same as Midnight Cowboy without the glitter - it's "Sellout" - the description is Pink Champagne Shimmer (Midnight Cowboy w/o the glitter!)

aquamel

The glitter sticks much better when I use the primer potion. I also hated this shadow too but I use it now as more of a highlight shadow and now I like it.

-Mel

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
It sucks.
thmbdn.gif
I just got a UD palette which included MC and it had THE WORST glitter fallout I have ever had! Of course I already had my foundation on and I was in a hurry so I had silver specks of glitter on my face all night. Ugh. The. Worst. Ever.

I'm Definitely returning the Foreshadow palette. I've decided that UD eyeshadows aren't up to par with me. So sad.
ssad.gif

It does have a LOT of fallout, but I have it in the Book of Shadows and it's not too bad if you pat it on with a nice sticky base. It actually keeps it from having too much fallout.

And if you wanna talk about glitter fallout, try Uzi by UD... THAT is a glitter bomb, but I still love it
tong.gif

LisaOrestea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens

And if you wanna talk about glitter fallout, try Uzi by UD... THAT is a glitter bomb, but I still love it
tong.gif

Eugh
I HAAAATE that shadow.
Looked gorgeous in the pan so I thought I would give it a try.

Literally cant get ANY colour out of it. At all. Occasionally I get a few specks of glitter but without actually scraping the top of the eyeshadow it barely does anything.

Would never buy it again.

On the flipside. Peace by UD is one of my favourite eyeshadows. Goes on really well and providing that I use a base, it stays on really well too.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaOrestea
Eugh
I HAAAATE that shadow.
Looked gorgeous in the pan so I thought I would give it a try.

Literally cant get ANY colour out of it. At all. Occasionally I get a few specks of glitter but without actually scraping the top of the eyeshadow it barely does anything.

Would never buy it again.

On the flipside. Peace by UD is one of my favourite eyeshadows. Goes on really well and providing that I use a base, it stays on really well too.

REALLY!?! I always got some great payoff from mine, but I always have to clean up the glitter after. I used a really soft crease brush for it, and it seems to pack in the color more that way
smiles.gif

LisaOrestea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
REALLY!?! I always got some great payoff from mine, but I always have to clean up the glitter after. I used a really soft crease brush for it, and it seems to pack in the color more that way
smiles.gif

I might give it a second chance today for work then.
I would love to get it working because it is a beautiful colour...but I kinda gave up with it and went for mixing Silver Fog and Frost Mac pigments together instead.

Using Uzi would be far less effort though :p

I don't know if it's an exact dupe, but if you want Midnight Cowboy without the mess you could try Too Faced e/s in Glamazon. It's a really gorgeous shimmery beigey colour and it blends really nicely, especially over TF eyeshadow insurance.

I agree with whoever was bigging up UD Sin in this thread, it's my #1 suits-everyone e/s! Looks great with some black kohl and mascara for a ridiculously easy evening eye.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexysellerie
I agree to that...

I like the eyeshadow, too. Perfect for andy celebration or party
winks.gif

agreed! I actually like the glitter, i think it makes for a fun look, but i might be weird
th_dunno.gif

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherox
i like the deluxe eyeshadow singles but their regular e/s suck! it feels like its more glitter than anything else and the matte e/s are chalky

Strange, I have Narcotic (Matte) and it's a sky blue as soft as butter.

BEA2LS

^^ i find most of their shadows to be really soft, i actually like them better than MAC, urban decay was my first love :
shrugs.gif
:

kyuubified

I have the Wallpaper Shadow Box, and the only ones I use are last call, asphyxia, shattered, and smog. Sometimes chopper and shotgun. If you think MC is bad, swatch Uzi; I absolutely HATE the fall out on that one! I never use it. I think their best palette is either the Deluxe Shadow Box or the Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box (most of the colors in there are pretty, and relatively glitter free).

thisisuzy

When they had the friends & family deal last year, I invested in all the UD shadows I didn't have already, because I love them so much. They are vibrant, last all day and blend like butter. Yes, you get lots of fallout with the glittery shades. I just use them with a little Fix + and no more fallout! I am in love with these, much more so than MAC shadows. With MAC, I find myself having to reapply towards the end of the day, or getting frustrated because many of the colors which look bright in the pan don't "pop" without a light base. With UD, the colors are true to what you see in the pan with any base you use.

kaylabella

I have Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, and I hated it for the longest time because of all the glitter fallout, but I tried it again, because the actual color is so divine, just not the glitter, with the Liner Sealer from eyeslipsface.com, and it was amazing! It turned into a gorgeous glittery liquid liner with absolutely NO fallout!

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
I have Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, and I hated it for the longest time because of all the glitter fallout, but I tried it again, because the actual color is so divine, just not the glitter, with the Liner Sealer from eyeslipsface.com, and it was amazing! It turned into a gorgeous glittery liquid liner with absolutely NO fallout!

Great idea! I will have to try that.

queli13

i have the foreshadow palette and just looking at midnight cowboy makes me afraid to try it! all the glitter just waiting to fall out everywhere! it's weird b/c when they give out samples of midnight cowboy, there's not a sparkle to be found!

SmokeSignal16

I never had a sample of this color but yeah the glitter fallout can kind of suck but I use tape to clean up, I may need to try using Fix+ tho..