How can UD Midnight Cowboy E/S be a best seller?

ShockProof

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubified
I think their best palette is either the Deluxe Shadow Box or the Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box (most of the colors in there are pretty, and relatively glitter free).

Those are the two I own(plus a few individual shadows). I swapped away Midnight Cowboy because I just don't like big glitter, but I love a lot of UD's shimmery shadows(Chopper? <3. Last Call? Mildew? I love you too!)

ChloeCariad

I am one of the few that love it! I only have it in palettes and I dont use it often, mainly because I just aint a neutral kinda gal. ButI find I get very little fall out- if any, I just use fix + on my 239.

dietcokeg

i have to say urban decay is my favourite for eyeshadows! i lvoe there palletes, i have the book of shadows volume II the colours have amazing pigmentation, i dont care to much for MC it has next to no pigmentation for me - i havent experienced fall out tho. so its safe to say MC sucks but the rest of the Urban Decay is beyond amazing espically there 24/7 liners!

co_quette

UD eyeshadows are hit or miss. some are a glittery mess, some are super creamy and pigmented and lovely to blend. you really just have to test them in person.

tooxmuchxcsi

Both Vert and Oil Slick are two of my favorites. Oil Slick is glittery, but I don't get any fall out and I love using it as a liner because its a nice dark black but it also has some sparkle. So don't give up on all of UDs eyeshadows just because of MC

durellsgrl

Its a good thing I found this thread because I have this shadow, i tried to use it once got glitter all over my face and said never again! But you guys have some great ideas to control the glitter. Its a good thing too because the color is beautiful!

shontay07108

It's a party time shadow. I guess glitter fallout is cool when you're in a sweaty club. it's the Kesha look, I guess.

KrissyJ

I used some of this yesterday (I had gotten a sample from Sephora) and OMG, the fallout was crazy! It's such a pretty color but the glitter is not good on a 38 year old, midwestern housewife. ROFL! I tried brushing the glitter off my face, using a tissue, dabbing with a towel, everything and the glitter. would. not. budge.

bellaboomboom

^^ That's so funny. I had Midnight Cowboy on yesterday and it was very glittery and hubby hates that. He said, "Too much glitter. And, do I have to pull the age card here?" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA! What nerve! (I am 42). I just laughed at him. I'll be 78 and still love glitter. Then he called me Mimi and walked away.

KrissyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
^^ That's so funny. I had Midnight Cowboy on yesterday and it was very glittery and hubby hates that. He said, "Too much glitter. And, do I have to pull the age card here?" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA! What nerve! (I am 42). I just laughed at him. I'll be 78 and still love glitter. Then he called me Mimi and walked away.

ROFL!!

martiangurll

I wondered how its a best seller too, that's because they include minors who shop lift UD in the votes for "most popular"

All kidding aside, there are some very good shadows from Urban Decay and I applaud them for the quirky names and being willing to do colors that the conservative companies were not making.

But the book of shadows and all the permutations are just greedy and I don't get the extra glittery eyeshadows for a buck more.

I do think the Urban fallout look is cool for some things. And a little Fyrinnae Pixie Primer will help a lot with minimizing that. I think it is popular because it was the first shadow that had all that glitter in it. While I don't care for it often, it has a special place in my heart for when I want the glitter ninja stars of doom...

naturallyfab

I totally with the glitter-ball effect some Urban Decay shadows can have. I find that if I foil them on as opposed to applying them dry helps with the fallout.

BloodMittens

Really? I never seem to have too much of a problem. I spray some Fix+ on my brush and PAT the color on. Swiping it over is going to cause a lot of fallout.

I also do my face makeup AFTER my eyes for that reason, and I put some cheap loose powder under my eyes to reduce fallout. Especially from glitter.

FourC's

It's a best seller because they shove it in every palette they release. I myself am not a fan but it can have it's uses.