How can UD Midnight Cowboy E/S be a best seller?

andicandi3x12

Well these shadows are/were very popular with the high school crowds when britney spears and loooooad of glitter were very "in" I love urban decay with a passion they are one of my favorite brands. i apply my eye makeup first anyway so i just use tape to take off the glitter fall out I loooove it!

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
I tried to use Grifter (I think?) one day, and I hadn't put on my foundation or anything yet. However, when I tried to get the glitter off my face, that stuff was stuck pretty firmly in place. Ugh.

That's another reason I don't like it. The glitter fallout would not budge! I tried adding more powder on top (I do my foundation first) and even using a makeup remover towelette and I still couldn't get it all off.

I just hate that I have to go through the hassle of mailing that palette back to them for an exchange.

DirtyPlum

You guys should get hold of EZR eye cream from MAC PRO. Thats the best thing for glitter... its like the Duo glue for eyeshadow!

pumpkincat210

You guys hate midnight cowboy.... well here is the kicker... I'm in love with Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. It has even more glitter in it! I know, i know but sometimes it's fun to put glitter all around your eyes. Reminds me of the good ole days.

sharkbytes

I agree, I haaaated midnight cowboy! Although, my all-time favorite eyeshadows are Underground and X, I'd be so disappointed if those were ever DC'd! It's amazing how UD is so inconsistent.

MiCHiE

Thank GOD they came out with Deluxe Shadows! I can't live without Shag, but those regular glitter bombs are horrible. I'm going to give Chopper to my niece.

sexysellerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
You guys hate midnight cowboy.... well here is the kicker... I'm in love with Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. It has even more glitter in it! I know, i know but sometimes it's fun to put glitter all around your eyes. Reminds me of the good ole days.

I agree to that...

I like the eyeshadow, too. Perfect for andy celebration or party
winks.gif

oriGINAl

I always apply this one over their midnight cowboy cream eyeshadow, with a wet brush. I love how it looks - glossy and sparkly. When I apply it like this, there is no fallout.

Stefunny

i was told by a brand rep of urban decay that the reason they have all the glitter fallout is intentional and they call it "the urban look"

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefunny
i was told by a brand rep of urban decay that the reason they have all the glitter fallout is intentional and they call it "the urban look"

Ewwwwwwww
yucky.gif
Um yeah great excuse UD!!! "Urban look" ahahahaha

evah2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefunny

Yeah, great...how is this "urban"??
I don´t have "MIdnight Cowboy", but my UD Box of Shadows contains "MCRA" and that one is pretty awful. It´s really a shame, because there are a lot of UD e/s that are simply amazing. I own "Sellout" which looks like one of the Starflash e/s from MAC (texturewise, colourwise I *think* this is close to "Grand Entrance", but I am not sure) and most of the e/s in that palette are like MAC´s vps. Their matte e/s are so gorgeous, too!
It´s good that they grouped their e/s on the website, you can choose "duochrome", "metallic" and so on and when a description states "..with glitter", just don´t buy the e/s.
oh.gif
)

ShesAFoxyLady

I just got the shadow box for my birthday and I have to say, although i didn't think I would (having read the reviews on here), I
heart.gif
midnight cowboy rides again and find very little fall out when used with UDPP and what little fallout there is, does seems to add to the look (not like some fallout which just looks horrible).

I've had a lot of comments on it, so I'm a fan
smiles.gif

slick

I'm pretty sure Midnight Cowboy is a best seller because its one of their oldest available colors ;-) Its been around for ages so yeah, its probably sold the most too!

It didn't work out for me but I love Midnight CowGIRL! Much better highlighter color if you are NC, Cowboy would work better if you are NW.

And yeah, UD glitter fallout sucks big time, but I manage through it cos I love the colors so much! Scotch tape really helps too....lol.

*Gigi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
That's another reason I don't like it. The glitter fallout would not budge! I tried adding more powder on top (I do my foundation first) and even using a makeup remover towelette and I still couldn't get it all off.

I just hate that I have to go through the hassle of mailing that palette back to them for an exchange.

Try using a piece of clear scotch tape to remove the fallout. Sadly, with the MC you may need to take the tape with you when you leave the house!

*Gigi*

Agreed, the shades with tons of glitter or big glitter aren't my cup of tea. However, the shades with Microglitter like Goddess have way less fallout if any at all. I had the MC in a face case and I used it wet and had alot less fallout that way. I love UD shadows and prefer the pigmentation and texture of them more than MAC, but MAC has such a freakishy huge shade range that i can not resist! It is always hit or miss with MAC to me though.

MelodyAngel

I have the ammo palette and the book of shadows, and while I like most of the shades, but I just avoid the chunky, glittery ones like MC, Maui Wowie, etc.

Can anyone provide a link to the deluxe palette that several people mentioned?

Thanks!

Stephy171

agreed i really dont like the coin shadows but you ladies must try the deluxe shadows they are amazing.... no fallout not chunky and blend great

nc79chick

I agree about the deluxe shadow box. It's beautifully packaged and the e/s colours are stunning. I bought a box set of "The best of urban decay" or something like that and it had a full size of MC and Goddess and an oversized UDPP. Goddess is beautiful, soft shimmer with larger glittery bits, but MC, used in small doses adds lovely shimmery shine - and I think the glittery fallout works with some looks. Maybe not for work, but going out, yeah, it's good.