How Long Does it Take You to Do Your Makeup - Full face? =)

SoSoAmazin

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum - mods feel free to move it to where it belongs!)

So, just curious - how long does it take y'all to do your full face makeup? I'm not talkin about "when you woke up late and gotta be out the door in 10 min" makeup
smiles.gif
I'm talkin bout when you wanna doll yourself up!
greengrin.gif

I usually take about 35-45min - that's moisturizer, concealer, foundation/powder, sculpting/blush, filling in brows, eyeprimer/shadow, liner, curling lashes, mascara(sometimes falsies), and lips! (whew!)

Anyway, I feel like I take a long time! Any tips on how to cut down on time while still doing a full face?
greengrin.gif

Abbytabby

I'm really weird in this area and showers but the longest it takes me is maybe 20 minutes (and for a shower I take 15 minutes tops to shave and go over it again) most of the time it takes me longer to pick out what makeup I'll be wearing that day than it takes to put it on. I actually wish it took me longer sometimes like when I'm bored and killing time before I have to leave.

HeavenLeiBlu

I don't get too crazy with the eyes, usually, so I can be done in 15-20 min, esp if I planned everything ahead of time.

Dreamergirl3

20-25 minutes. Usually it can be longer but that's only if I'm going out clubbing or anything...in which case the process is stretched out because I'm blasting my stereo, taking breaks from applying to dance in the mirror or sing to myself, hahaha!

lovelyweapon

About 20 minutes but I can take up to an hour if I really want precise application and want to go full out. I also want some tips on shortening the time! lol

missgiggly

hehe, at the moment since I'm new to the whole make up thing, from being a 'throw on moisturiser and lipgloss and out the door' kinda gal... I'm taking about an hour (but that is with me dawdling, and watching TV etc at the same time)

KikiB

For me it is 10 minutes at the minimum...seriously. I do not wear foundation so that does save time, but I moisturize as part of my morning face care regimen. Then it takes a good 2-3 minutes just for mascara because I love it, but it gets all over. Eyeshadow can take a good 5 minutes depending on how many different things I am using. Blush and powder takes two minutes tops because I put on my iridescent powder, then blush (I suck my cheeks in to get the perfect placement). Then lips will take a minute, tops.

If I am doing something more elaborate, it can take longer, but that isn't often and my eyes can be quite elaborate for 5 minutes.

Sikfrmthemirror

I gave myself like 2 hours to get ready one time and i took up about an hour. i felt really slow but it was perfect in the end so it was worth it.

SoSoAmazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDiva
I will say 30-45 mins. I will say my sticking point is the liner...takes me awhile to do that.

ITA! It's the eyes that gets me - liner is what takes me the longest, then eyeshadow (when I'm doing something elaborate w/more than 3 colors...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnn_678
35-45 minutes is my norm. I can't seem to get it all done any quicker than that LOL.

Yeah! LOL.. I've even tried speeding up my application, but after foundation when it's time for the eyes, I just hit speed bumps! haha
greengrin.gif

babiid0llox

When I 'doll' myself up it usually takes from 30 mins to an hour
blush-anim-cl.gif

Most of the time I just had a shower so I'm all clean
greengrin.gif
Depends on what I'm doing but the bits that usually take the longest for me is foundation + concealer and my eyes
smiles.gif