How many languages do you speak or would you like to speak?

chrissyclass

Re: What languages do you speak?

English, Kapangpagan, and Tagalog. And I have this uncanny ability to speak to babies. lol No Joke!

Oh and just for a change I'd like to try speaking in a different accent. Maybe British or Australian...like Madonna or Tina Turner did. Hmmmm...

wishingforsn0w

english, chinese (mandarin), and russian (have studied it for 2+ years). i also took french and spanish in high school, and remember bits of german.

BitBitBabiGirl

I speak English, a little bit of French and Spanish. I can understand German and Cree, and i want to learn Japanese.
greengrin.gif

sassyclassy

I speak English, conversational Cantonese (honestly not that great at it, I get made fun of all the time by my family, lol) et un peu de francais. My written and reading and listening is pretty good but my speaking is mediocre.

AmiS4ys

I'm fluent in English, Spanish, Hungarian and Hebrew. I know a pretty good bit of Japanese and Korean as well.

I'm dying to learn French or Italian thoughhhh. =]

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_addict_77
English, german and hungarian...all fluently
greengrin.gif

van ön valójában magyar?
greengrin.gif
amit tehát izgató! nem tudom akárki máshol ki beszél ez! az anyám nyelv!

iShadow

American English and Spanish fluently, though I tend to stumble over colloquialisms. Working on Arabic. I can't wait to be back in school and study Arabic with real people again... Portuguese I can read and understand the majority of it, but if it's spoken to me, I'm hopeless. The accent is far too European for me.
ssad.gif
I'm determined to at least be able to get by with my Arabic and eventually Farsi, I'd love to learn Urdu and Quechua toooo :l

I'm so sad I grew up in the states... so many missed language opportunities

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow
American English and Spanish fluently, though I tend to stumble over colloquialisms. Working on Arabic. I can't wait to be back in school and study Arabic with real people again... Portuguese I can read and understand the majority of it, but if it's spoken to me, I'm hopeless. The accent is far too European for me.
ssad.gif
I'm determined to at least be able to get by with my Arabic and eventually Farsi, I'd love to learn Urdu and Quechua toooo :l

I'm so sad I grew up in the states... so many missed language opportunities

wow, I'm impressed! I can teach you Farsi if you want
winks.gif

iShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
wow, I'm impressed! I can teach you Farsi if you want
winks.gif

I'm so dang auditory, if I thought I'd retain anything I'd totally take you up on it. D:

chocolategoddes

I speak A'Murikan Aynglish.
Also I know Ga and French.

And I do a pretty good Vietnamese accent if that counts for anything. :/

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
English, Finnish, Irish and some French and Swedish..

I wish I could speak Irish Gaelic, I have no contact with my Irish family at all, I'm dripping with jealously....lol

Does anyone in here speak Dutch? After Portuguese that is my second favourite language

L1LMAMAJ

I was born in the US so I speak English (of course). I also speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwanese, Toisanese (dialect of Cantonese), and understand some Tagalog (especially when they're gossiping about me!!) lol. I am Chinese and Filipino. English was my first language and the one I'm most comfortable with. I speak a mixture of Cantonese and English with my mom and English with my dad and his side of the fam (my dad's dad moved to the US when he was just a teen) and my mom's side doesn't speak much English so I speak either Cantonese, Mandarin, or Taiwanese to them. I only spoke Toisanese with my dad's mom but since she passed, I don't speak it much anymore. Other than speaking Chinese with my mom and her side of the family, I rarely ever speak it so I sound reallllly weird but I understand it fluently. Lol.

L1LMAMAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I speak A'Murikan Aynglish.
Also I know Ga and French.

And I do a pretty good Vietnamese accent if that counts for anything. :/

LoL!!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
I was born in the US so I speak English (of course). I also speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwanese, Toisanese (dialect of Cantonese), and understand some Tagalog (especially when they're gossiping about me!!) lol. I am Chinese and Filipino. English was my first language and the one I'm most comfortable with. I speak a mixture of Cantonese and English with my mom and English with my dad and his side of the fam (my dad's dad moved to the US when he was just a teen) and my mom's side doesn't speak much English so I speak either Cantonese, Mandarin, or Taiwanese to them. I only spoke Toisanese with my dad's mom but since she passed, I don't speak it much anymore. Other than speaking Chinese with my mom and her side of the family, I rarely ever speak it so I sound reallllly weird but I understand it fluently. Lol.

Damn girl! lol U know like 232938 languages! I would love to learn Chinese, but the only words I know is 'thank you'
and ni-hao (learned that from Kai-lan)

Ninahita

my mother language is german, but i also speak spanish, dutch, french and a little bit farsi. i haven't used french for a long time now, so i'm probably completely out of practice
tong.gif

jungleland

I'm native Italian, I can speak English, French ( that was so much better than my Englis but now I'm very rusty), some German, some Dutch, I pretend to speak Spanish ( never studied it but I can understand a lot), the same with Portuguese and I know more or less 5 words each of Mandarin and Japanese, I'm planning to get classes of the latter!

Uh, I almost forgot, my son can speak in English and Italian, knows some Dutch and is studiyng Japanese.
And he's 9!
Mode mother glowing with pride off
tong.gif

DeSerT*RoSe

i speak arabic it's my mothertongue .. and i concider my self very good in english i can understand it very well and i can express my self using it .. i know some french i took it in HS and collage i also studied spanish but forgot most of it
ssad.gif
it's nice to know that many of u liked to learn arabic
smiles.gif
would love to help anyone who's interested!

Boasorte

wow arabic? That's very impressive I wish I had the attention span to learn it, where I live so many people speak it!

moonlit

I speak English, hindi, rotten tamil and urdu

I can only read Arabic (I cant understand)

I also know french- writing and reading, cant speak uggH I love french

so if there are some languages I wana learn and speak well its
french
arabic
spanish
italian
greek

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit
I speak English, hindi, rotten tamil and urdu

I can only read Arabic (I cant understand)

I also know french- writing and reading, cant speak uggH I love french

so if there are some languages I wana learn and speak well its
french
arabic
spanish
italian
greek

don't u hate that? That's how I am with Portuguese, I can read, speak, and write, but if someone doesn't talk UBER slow, I won't understand a word