How much is your collection worth?

mochabean

Re: How much do you ladies estimate you've spent on your entire make up collection???

LOL! I keep every single receipt I buy of MAC makeup. SO I know how much I spend. I started collection MAC since end of Sept/Oct of this year. And I've spent almost $2100 total in only a couple of months! YIKES!!! If my boyfriend found out how much I spend on makeup he'd be so upset!!

Re: How much do you ladies estimate you've spent on your entire make up collection???

I have avoided thinking about it but need to buckle down and take inventory for insurance purposes I suppose. Blargle.

mollythedolly

Not much at all. I just started with a brand new collection over the summer and I've been slowly collecting. My entire "collection" includes 3 brushes, a sharpener, 1 foundation, 2 concealers, 1 powder, 1 blush, 1 bronzer, 4 nail polishes, 3 lipglosses, 1 lipstick, 2 pencil eyeliners, 1 liquid eyeliner, 3 eyeshadows and a mascara. That's all.

Maybe $275? If you include my caboodles traincase, I'm at $295.

a7xforlife

I don't even want to think about it. Last time I tallied up just my Mac lippies it was about a 750, not including my LE lip palettes.

liv

I'm not sure, and I'm also not sure I even want to know. Granted, it's not near a lot of Specktra members (I doubt mine is even close to the one grand mark), but it's still a nice chunk of change to me.

natalie75

I try not to think about it, and I would never want to post it in a public place!!! LOL

I was just talking to my sister about what would I grab if the house was on fire.......... my car, my dog & cat and my TRAINCASE
yahoo.gif

Just the fact that I even thought about my traincase made me want to sign up for Cosmetics Anonymous
th_LMAO.gif

ahaha as a newly found MAC addict
these numbers are scaring me!
I NEED a job!

user79

I have no clue, it's really hard for me to judge. I'd say about $1000?

urbanlilyfairy

I seriously don't want to think about total over the last year ..but umh the last two months ...dec/jan ..omg this is fucking ridiculous ..sorry ..i Just started totally up from the last two months ..and umh as im typing I think i might throw up ..the grand total is ....899.50 ~!! holy crap ...umh damn this thread .... let me break it down lol

from nordstrom.com total = 599
from maccosmetics.com total = 213.50
from specktra clearance bin ..through paypal = 87

crap I havent inculded ebay purchases ..umh ebay i think is about 70 bucks..but im gonna try to forget about taht one heh ...

I should add that I have only recently started to srsly build my mac collection ...and also since moving to Italy ...we get paid a bit more money ...like before in the states it was srsly pay check to pay check ... with maybe 200 bucks left over for a month for misc shit ...never really bought non useful stuff like makeup lol...

but here I think after paying bills, putting about 300 usd in savings every two weeks ..we still have about 1000 dollars left over every two weeks ...so hence me spending so much ..but that's about to change ... I have vowed to limit my purchases to about 250 for FAFI ..and under 200 for when heatherette comes out ..and after that not anything else until umh september 08 or so.

plus we are looking into buying a new car and the payment will prolly be about 400-500 so thats gonna take a chunk out of the influx ...and also we want to travel while we are here in europe and if I keep spending the way I have been ..umh gonna leave europe and not seen a damn thing cuz i was too poor to go anywheres lol

also should umh no spend so much for sake of my marriage ..if the hubby only knew the amounts he would have a heart attack ..like for reals

NYDoll88

Probably way more than 5,000...I've been collecting MAC since High School and I have TONS of other crap drugstore and high-end. Last time I checked (before Xmas) I had over 170 lipglosses alone..not lipsticks, LIPGLOSSES. That is INSANE.

newagetomatoz

Well, for MAC, I would have to say somewhere in the vicinity of $1,500 but I don't like to think about it because then I think what I could have bought with the money! And the sad thing, is that this is since August, when I discovered the joy of MAC.

Overall, it would be really hard to estimate how much I've spent on makeup, since I have been buying it since I was about 10, and now seven plus years later..... It is really scary to think how much money I've spent on makeup since my love of it began. What would be even scarier would be to calculate the amount of money that other people spent on makeup for me, like my mom. GAHHHH!!!!

NutMeg

My collection is worth about $4500 I think, but I haven't spent more than $200 on it in the last couple years. I'm proud.
greengrin.gif
Lately I've just been replacing essentials, I have so much that I need to put a serious dent in it before I can start buying again. That and I'm a student with no money.

GlamYOURUs

I don't want to admit this but prob and most likely between 5K-8K

I have been collecting all kinds of makeup (low and high ends) since I was 16. I am 27 now. LOL

chameleonmary

Uhm, not something I want to think about! But if I have to estimate... around $2k?

matsubie

merely thinking about this is making me nauseous.

MsButterfli

think im nearing 3G's
ssad.gif
lawd hammercy

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I don't want to admit this but prob and most likely between 5K-8K

I have been collecting all kinds of makeup (low and high ends) since I was 16. I am 27 now. LOL

Yes. Sounds JUST like me too. I think mine is more towards the 8K and up for the past 15 years or so...
Terrible, but I justify some of my craziness by saying that I use MU every day (even to work out!) and I've sold some of my LE, NIB stuff that I got on a whim and didn't ever use...so somehow it balances out. I say, as long as you live within your means. It makes me happy.

PLUS, I don't drink really, don't eat out a lot (for the waistline), don't buy video games or DVDs (we rent), and DH and I budget for most everything else. Plus, both DH and I work, no kids. We're DINKs
tong.gif
(dual income, no kids).

janwa09

Gosh thinking about it makes me cringe lol...mine would be around $4,000-$5,000 including my make-up brushes and other brands aside rom MAC.

geeko

after conversion from SG dollars to US dollars, my whole collection is worth about US$7800. This does not include brushes...

OMG...