How much time do you spend on your makeup..? (application)

browneyedbaby

My make-up takes me as long as I've got but no less than 10 minutes! I always put my base on before eye make-up else I just mess it up. I can't blend it right if my eyes are done first.

bellaetoile

anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on how intricate i want my makeup to be, and also how many distractions i have. usually i'm chatting on AIM, browsing the internet, on the phone, watching tv, listening to music, getting dressed, haha. i have a horrible multi-tasking problem, and i'm usually running late, and trying to do 3929 things at once.

also, i always do my eyes first, that way i can clean up any fall out with makeup removed before doing my face. usually i'll moisturize and prime my skin, do my eye makeup, then move on to foundation/blush/etc, finish with lips, and tweak my eyes if i want to make any last minute changes or add any details. i'm wierd about my makeup routine.

alysia

generally under 10 minutes, however if I'm going intricate about 1/2 an hour to an hour. I go pretty simple during the week soo
smiles.gif

Sweet16x2

If wearing pigments on my eyes, I find it's helpful to do that before your foundation, as lots of sprinkles tend to fall and land on the upper cheek area. Then you don't have to worry about messing up your foundation when removing the excess dustings. Otherwise, if wearing e/s, or only mascara, I do foundation first. Sometimes makeup only takes 10 minutes, but when wearing pigments, eyeliner, and the whole bit, it takes more like 25 min. Taking just a few more minutes may really help so that you make sure you have the right colors and that they are applied and blended well.

bama_beauty

usually about 15-20 minutes. that's because that's about all the time I have left before I walk out the door

inlucesco

I can do it in 5 if it's simple, and simple for me includes foundation, blush, eyeshadow (1-2 colors), liquid liner, mascara, and lip gloss. I have it down to a science!

hennagirl

10 minutes? Sunscreen, concealer, powder, eyeshadow (usually base and contour), eyeliner and lipgloss...sometimes i throw on a dusting of bronzer... If I'm getting dressed up, it can take an hour...

deveraux

It usually takes me about 15-20 minutes to do everything. Unless I'm going out at night or need to wear my makeup really heavy, then it takes about 30 minutes or more.

jess98765

whoa, some ppl only take 5 minutes??!! i envy you guys so much! it takes me more than 5 minutes just to decide on what i wanna use, and a further 5 minutes to set everything all up..... like 15 minutes or so on application then 5 minutes on touch ups..... geez, all the 5 minutes account to about 30 minutes!!!
i put foundation on before eye stuff
smiles.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminious
20-30 mins. I take my time and do other things at the same time.

ha same here hard doing ur face and at the same time chasing a 2 year old. hehe

a914butterfly

i would say it takes me anywhere between 10 - 20 minutes. moisturizer, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow and lip base, lipstick, eyeshadow(s), blush, and eyeliner

SpareMyHeart

I wish I was that type of girl who didnt need more than 5 mins to get ready
cry.gif

I need about 15 - 20 mins,in the morning,but thats on days that I even decide to wear makeup(ie:when im not at home).I try to do my makeup as fast as I can or else my bf will have a heartattack
th_wiggle2.gif

SpareMyHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by inheritedhornet
also, do you apply foundation after eyeshadow or eyeshadow after foundation

Personally I usually apply the foundation first,my biggest pet peeve is excess eyeshadow falling on my face after i've applied my foundation.

Corvs Queen

30 minutes at least. Concealor, Foundation, Powder, Eye Brows, Eyeshadow, Liner, Mascara, Lipliner, Lip stuff, Fix +. Yeah, I am super analretintive. So sue me!

asteffey

i put foundation on first, then eye makeup.

it takes me 25-40 minutes to choose my makeup, apply it and put everything away.

like bellatoile, i'm also a multitasker!

-x-buttercup-x-

I'd say about half an hour in the morning for school, it'd probably take me less if I gave it my full concentration, but I watch tele at the same time,, usually 5 minutes of that is deciding what colours to go for. When I go out it takes me even longer, because I listen to my going out music, and randomly dance around a bit.