How you feel about "sharing" make-up?

COBI

I had the opposite happen: I was out golfing and complaining about my lips being really dry (I don't why, but it also happens about half-way through a round), and one of the woman I was playing with offered me her lip balm (stick), and at first I was "no, I'm good; just b-tching. I have some in the car." Then she offered again later when I must have still been moaning about it. So, I ended up using it, but tried to be discreet about wiping away a layer before and after. And I have to admit that my lips felt SO much better after.
smiles.gif

Typically, I'm very selective about sharing products, and never any non-powdered eye area products.

kristina ftw!

I share all my makeup with my mom. I also don't mind using my own makeup to put on friends, but I never bring makeup with me for touchups during the day or anything, I don't really know why, I can't be bothered ... So others asking me to borrow some has not even been an issue yet.
tong.gif

However, I am planning on starting to wear makeup more often and bring it with me to school/out/whatever, but I haven't really thought about what I'd do if someone asked to borrow some. I can see how hygiene would be an issue, but idk, as far as I know, all my friends have very good hygiene
tong.gif

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEmB
I don't really see why that is gross at all?

Sure it's handcream and is formulated for hands but it's not going to hurt if you use it on the face in an emergency.

It had a very, very intense flowery scent (like, sickenly so), and felt greasy even on the hands. I don't use it very much for my hands anyway, so I felt doubly weirded out that she wanted to use it on her face...and all over the face, in a thick layer.

It was an emergency though, so I did lend it to her. Although I would've preferred to walk to the Shoppers Drug Mart 5 minutes down the street and buy her some proper moisturizer. I'm really a stickler for skin care, you can probably tell.
tong.gif

glam8babe

im exactly the same, i just cant stand it! Whenever i touch up in the bathroom on a night out i just put abit of lipgloss on anyway and do it quickly or if someone asks i pretend im really drunk and walk off haha

i cringe when i see girls borrowing their friends eyeliners, and using the same foundation sponge

glamdoll

Not with friends, I share with my mom, but its like eyeshadows, or pencils, things that can be sanitized.

I've shared shadows w/ friends but nothing else.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I hate sharing my make-up, once my friend asked to use my lipstick I couldnt be mean and say no so I let her use it. It was the fafi one and she just left it on the table without the top on it!! So no one gets my make-up no more unless Iam doing it for them
greengrin.gif

chocolategoddes

If I don't share makeup, it's because I don't want it to get ruined or lost. I used to not care about the whole "germ" thing until I learned about how unhealthy sharing makeup can be.
I'm more cautious about it, especially lip products and eye products even though it's a bit hypocritical becuase I don't mind sharing straws or eating utensils with friends.
Gross, I know. :/

User93

i dont like sharing utensils or straws with people, i just sometimes do with close frinds if there is no other way. We went to have luch with my new co-worker and we were drinking cocteil as fridays [at the luch break from work.. damn im wierd]. But yeah, she wanted to try mine but i tried hers with my straw and she kinda had to do the same.

I share straws, bottles etc only with boyfriend. And he was all the way making fun like "OMG we're drinking from the same straws what if i get your slobber??" Then making a funny face and kissing me.

As for co-workers and other ppl like that.. I dont wanna sound harsh, but i have no idea who was she kissing in the morning, or who giving a blowjob, or what infection she has, or if she had time to brush teeth in the morning. So damn, dont touch my MAC!!!

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
I dont wanna sound harsh, but i have no idea who was she kissing in the morning, or who giving a blowjob, or what infection she has, or if she had time to brush teeth in the morning. So damn, dont touch my MAC!!!

th_LMAO.gif

mtrimier

I rarely share, but if I do only with my mother (we have that pesky DNA thing going on
tong.gif
) or my best friend and that's usually a chapstick or gloss. My makeup is mine.
winks.gif

xxAngelxx

I hate sharing my makeup. The few times I've let friends borrow it in the past and when they're done, its usually messy. I don't share lip products with anyone I wouldn't kiss lol. However, the only makeup I bring in my purse is lip balm because my lips get so chapped.

sharkbytes

I will share with my best friend, only because she's a fellow makeup addict and knows how to use things in a sanitary manner. But co-workers, cousins, anyone else? Noooooo thanks! It's particularly annoying because people know for a fact that I use the high-end makeup and always want to try it out. I'm not buying it so everyone else can give it a whirl, that's what counters and swatches are for.

coachkitten

I am so picky about my makeup that I don't think that any of my friends would even ask. I don't like sharing mainly because of the germs but some people just don't know the proper way to use things.

snowflakelashes

I don't know I don't think anyone would ever ask me, the last time i even offer , there was an eye liner I hadn't used at all, my friend needed one, and she offered to buy it. I didn't want to use it (i didn't do liner back then) so gave it to her, but she took me out to lunch in return. Not really the share makeup types in my group. Or maybe we're just not that close, I cart all my stuff to their places when we're going to get ready together. Though sharing powder E/S wouldn't creep me out as long as clean brushes were used.

I really wouldn't be picky about blush at all. Don't care about the cheeks I guess lol.

Lips i'm sensitive about just too germy. No sharing ... unless they were somehow wiped off before and after... glosses, just nope...

Oh and NEVER mascara, I would freak out if someone ever used mine, thats not cool for them OR me. and I wouldn't share liner, unless I had alcohol to clean it w/ like the MA's do, that's just unsanitary so close to the lash line.

But its not really an issue, no ones ever asked. Well when I was a kid we use to share stuff but when you're young your naive about communicable diseases and stuff. LOL

pat

The only person I share my make up with is my Mom and little sister.. haha..

I have done my friends make up but I only used my shadows.. other than that, they can use their own liner, lip stick, and foundation.

greengrin.gif

xsnowwhite

ew ew ew i HATE sharing lip products with people ugh it grosses me out so bad. I dont mind shadows or powders like blushes if they use their own brush but omg no I refuse to share lip stuff of any kind.

fash10nista

I think it depends on the asker/user..If you are close enough (or too close!), I don't think it's a problem..

Examples: My mom bought Capricious l/s, used it and decided she didn't like the color and gave it to me...My daughter uses my Carmex lip balm all the time but I'm cool with it...My girlfriend at work, who I've known for about 4-5 years and am familiar with her hygienic routines, will test lip colors I have or bought once in a while...

I certainly wouldn't share with someone I met off the street or in a club....

Latest posts