How you feel about "sharing" make-up?

Shanti

I don't like sharing my Burt's Bees, Diorshow, lipglosses, and absolutely not eyeliner.
For hygiene reasons. Also because I'm afraid when they use so damn much like the sht's free or sth. I know they have their own m/u but they decide to use mine because some of it is "higher quality" than what they have. If they want to use it all the time, they shouldn't be cheap and they should buy their own.
Generally I don't mind sharing things (gum, food, liquor etc) but my makeup is just for me and I don't want it to get all germy or disappear... esp. if I shelled out enough cash out of the little I have. =[

Lexxiii

I don't mind it at all! Obviously when I'm doing a shoot I'm immaculately clean, but with my friends and my personal stash I don't care.

..kels*

i'm a complete germaphobe - the only person i'll share with is my sister. & as someone else said, chapstick with my boyfriend. otherwise.. get your own!
angry.gif

i once had this absolutely fantastic guerlain kiss kiss lipgloss and i was on a city trip with my class. a godd friend of mine had very dry lips because the wind was blwoing really strong and she asked me if i had a lipbalm or something like that. i answered that i had only my lipgloss but she could use a little bit for her lips since it's very moisturizing. i gave it to her, she applied it and when she handed it back to me an other girl from my class who i didn't like very much saw it and was like "oh, is this the new kiss kiss gloss from guerlain?!" and i was like "yes, it is, but it's not that new..." but before i could put it back in my bag she grabbed it and asked if she could use it just to see how it looked on her... many classmates very watching us since she has a very high and loud voice but the worst is that she had a fever blaster on her lip. but i didn't know what i should say without being rude and so i just said "oh, yes of course..." and i had to watch her how she applied my new expensive, nearly never used lipgloss on her lips and fever blister... i felt like crying... since that i hardly used this gloss because i'm afraid i might also get something on my lips...

i was so mad because i didn't understand her! if i had fever blisters or something else on my lips i would never aks another one if i could use her lipbalm/lipgloss!
angry.gif

but i have no problem with sharing my make-up with my closest friends - but actuelly they also never ask because they have a lot themselves!
winks.gif

deven.marie

ew, it's totally gross to share. i was at my friend's house with about 3 other girls getting ready to go out, and they asked me to do their makeup for them. I did of course and sanitized everything since it was my personal shadows and whatnot. i finish one girl's eyes and go look for my tube of eyelash glue in my bag, come back in and she's smearing my supreme l/g all over her lips. i look at her like, uhhhhh...? and she just goes, "oh yeah i hope its okay that i used this!!" i was like umm i really wish you would've asked. i havent known her that long so i didnt wanna be totally rude or anything, but EW!

User93

im glad to get all your responses knowing thats just not me being crazy! Damn, why i dont ask for their lip products and they do? I came up with the thought i'll carry a cheap lipbalm in my purse just in case someone asks, as i really cant answer "NO" to this questin right in the person's face [i'd better do this, but you know the drill, i dont wanna be called a bitch for all the time i work or my 3 years left at college!] Is there any way to save my stuff?

After it happened to me, i had to cut off the tap layer of my lippie
ssad.gif

However, these can easily say "no i dont want this chapstick give me your MAC lipglass".

Deven.Marie & beauty-junkie, damn, i can relate! Hate those people.

Beauty Mark

Just say you don't loan things out. If they demand something better, tell 'em beggars can't be choosers and that they're being rude

fafinette21

If it was someone I was close to I'd be like yea sure here take it. But if it was someone random I'd just be like "Sorry but I'm not comfortable sharing my lip products with other people."
I'd NEVER ask someone random to use their stuff! Much less just take it. Yikes.

kobri

Oh gross! I would not have lent it to her. I would have just said sorry and if she said that she saw it I would just explain that I am funny about germs. You never know who gets cold sores or whatever!

k.a.t

I really don't mind sharing make-up with my best friend, my sis or my mum at all....they can even use my brushes if they want i'll just clean them after; this is coz i know that they're clean, duh - i wouldn't share my make up with strangers..you never know some people are so nasty.

One time this girl i know in school who btw has had numerous eye infections (probably due to the fact that she'll share her eye stuff with ANYONE), saw me doing my make up and asked if she could use my mascara, (wtf?) i just said to her "no, i'm sorry but i don't want to get conjunctivitis" lol now that i think about it that sounds kinda harsh but i don't think she cared so it's ok hehe she knew how important make up's to me anyway
smiles.gif

GlossyAbby

If its a goodfriend I do not mind....sicne I moved to a smaller town a lot of the girls here don't wear e/s so I love to do them up w/ my mac....However on my last girls trip to KC I went to the pro store there when dazzle gloss came out and bought some and someone tried to use me new dazzlegloss before I even got to use it...if its brand new dont touch!
smiles.gif
oh and I dont like when people think its ok just to start digging through my traincase plse ask first I organize it all!

LoveMU

I hate sharing it, just because I pay so much money for it! I don't mind sharing once in a while, but if you're excessively using my shit as if it were yours and then I am the one who has to go out and buy it again I get pissed!

For example, my sister always uses my makeup, never buys her own, fine but she really piles it on! She once used up a tube of my lancome concealer in a few days. i was so frustrated because then i had to go out and replace it! I could have used that amount of product in a month!

NatalieMT

I don't share. It's my MAC.
th_LMAO.gif
I bought it all and it's mine to use how I wish. I don't mind friends looking but using is a whole other matter. I occasionally do my sisters makeup but I use all her brushes and sanitize everything before and after use. I too really like cleanliness. I have cleaning OCD major.

I always find it really weird when people offer me lipbalm and stuff too. I always decline.

Korms

Normally I won't let anyone touch any of my cosmetics, at the most I'll allow my best friend to use an eyeshadow if her brush is clean and she doesn't touch it with her fingers. Now, I say normally here but there was an incident recently at a music festival I attended earlier in the summer when I let pretty much everyone in my campsite use my lip salve. I justify this by pointing out the 4 pints of cider and 2 glasses of wine I had drunk at the time had obviously clouded my judgement!

emeraldjewels

i hate sharing my make up and really never do it, i paid a LOT of money for it all, its not for everyone else to use willynilly. I let my mom try it, as i'm always trying to get her to buy mac! lol!

very occasionally i do eyeshadows on my best friend, but i know my brushes are clean, and I wash them again before I use them.

M.A.C. head.

Nooooo.

I don't do it. I used to, but I "lost" a couple things do that.

I wouldn't mind letting my sister or my mom use things or something like that, but that's about it.

stacylynne

I'm a germ phobe. SO, no way am I sharing. When I do makeup for other ppl. Disposables are a beautiful thing.
Sharing lipgloss, mascara & eyeliner makes me cringe.
I clean my brushes after every use. I have a huge collection so I will not have my stuff contaminated. lol.
I'm a germ phobe, what can I say

April47

I must be in the minority here. I would never share make-up with a stranger but with my best friends or Mom, I totally would and do. It doesn't matter what kind of make-up it is either, eyeliner, mascara, whatever I don't care.

I wouldn't share a make-up sponge, but brushes are okay. My friend has even borrowed my toothbrush before. Whatevs.

Also, please let me say that I'm not a dirty person either. I'm a neat freak and a lot of things gross me out. I guess this is just one of those things that doesn't.
th_dunno.gif

Latest posts